Tying Stimulus to Vaccines

For or Against: Should we tie the next round of COVID relief direct payments to getting vaccinated

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good idea, lets see how quick the needle penetrates the tinfoil.
Nice.

My thing is this. Any 2 choice plank pretty much creates 4 scenarios.

You want the check but not the shot
You want the shot but not the check
You want both the shot and the check
You want neither the shot or the check

I think a winning position is this?

If the shot is made available in 1/1/2021 for example.
If you get the shot between 1/1/2021 to 6/1/2021, you get a stimulus check
After that....you can get the shot but no check.

The idea is to get the population inoculated. If it's framed that way...I think it works better. Just either/or is too coercive as far as it goes. My "no" is a soft no.
One week might be too short. Could be a sort of a lottery whether you get your turn within that few days.
Clearly you don't live in the U.S. and haven't been completely schooled about the culture here. . . . :heehee:

. . . a few days. . . . :auiqs.jpg:

That's rich. What do you think this is, Mexico?
You made me reread that. 6 months should be enough, you are right.

How do we prove we had the vaccine filling out an online application? It's a clever incentive, but #1) technically difficult to implement and #2) it will be summer, at least, before everyone can be immunized. Hopefully, they aren't waiting that long for the next stimulus check?

Screw how they are going to prove someone got the vaccine ... Where'd they get the money to write the fools a stimulus check ... :thup:
You live in a world of make believe money, that is tied to nothing more than expanding Governmental control.

You deserve the empty, meaningless shit you get in return for your foolish desires.

Who said I want a stimulus check? Unemployment is below 7% they say, better than during the recession, and no one was getting free money from the government then. Or ridiculous unemployment benefits, either. I get that when you outlaw people going to work, you should do something, but that time is long past. I don't see the need for it; we can't afford it.

That's not what this thread is about, actually. It's really about incentives to take the vaccine like a mature adult. Too many people aren't acting like grownups. That's the problem.

Hello.

Smerconish had a great poll question on his site and I wanted to get our board's input.

Essentially it goes like this. When we have our second round of stimulus tie getting your direct payment from the Government to whether you have taken one of the vaccines. The amount being talked about is $1,500. For a family of four, that is $6,000.

www.Smerconish.com
Well that didn’t take long for you people to go full fascist.
If you're too scared of a needle, don't take the stimulus. No one is making you get the shot.

I wish there was a way we could make you, though.
Don't Taz Me is right.

Due to HIPA, this would be clearly Unconstitutional, it would violate equal protection laws.

Those who object based on philosophical and religious grounds are not being protected.

Then they could amend HIPA on this specific issue as part of the stimulus bill.

Hello.

Smerconish had a great poll question on his site and I wanted to get our board's input.

Essentially it goes like this. When we have our second round of stimulus tie getting your direct payment from the Government to whether you have taken one of the vaccines. The amount being talked about is $1,500. For a family of four, that is $6,000.

Smerconish.com
nothing like a little fascist government control to brighten our holidays,,,

Not sure how that is control. It's an incentive.
It would be an incentive to awaken mass murderers.
People telling you Covid is harmless or doesn´t exist will also tell you 5G will kill you. What will it be, the vaccine or 5G? Leave the nuts behind and get your vaccine.

I stopped taking vaccines after the swine flu in 1976. The DOD made it mandatory and I took a swine flu shot then and was sick for 2 years. If women getting an abortion can say "It's my body" then I can make that statement about a vaccination or a chip implant.

How do we prove we had the vaccine filling out an online application? It's a clever incentive, but #1) technically difficult to implement and #2) it will be summer, at least, before everyone can be immunized. Hopefully, they aren't waiting that long for the next stimulus check?

Screw how they are going to prove someone got the vaccine ... Where'd they get the money to write the fools a stimulus check ... :thup:
You live in a world of make believe money, that is tied to nothing more than expanding Governmental control.

Have the healthcare professional administering the vaccine sign off.
How?

Hello.

Smerconish.com

People telling you Covid is harmless or doesn´t exist will also tell you 5G will kill you. What will it be, the vaccine or 5G? Leave the nuts behind and get your vaccine.

I stopped taking vaccines after the swine flu in 1976. The DOD made it mandatory and I took a swine flu shot then and was sick for 2 years. If women getting an abortion can say "It's my body" then I can make that statement about a vaccination or a chip implant.
Or a fucking mask.

Good idea, lets see how quick the needle penetrates the tinfoil.
Nice.

My thing is this. Any 2 choice plank pretty much creates 4 scenarios.

You want the check but not the shot
You want the shot but not the check
You want both the shot and the check
You want neither the shot or the check

I think a winning position is this?

If the shot is made available in 1/1/2021 for example.
If you get the shot between 1/1/2021 to 6/1/2021, you get a stimulus check
After that....you can get the shot but no check.

The idea is to get the population inoculated. If it's framed that way...I think it works better. Just either/or is too coercive as far as it goes. My "no" is a soft no.
One week might be too short. Could be a sort of a lottery whether you get your turn within that few days.
Clearly you don't live in the U.S. and haven't been completely schooled about the culture here. . . . :heehee:

. . . a few days. . . . :auiqs.jpg:

That's rich. What do you think this is, Mexico?
You made me reread that. 6 months should be enough, you are right.
Too late.

We know you are a Russian bot now.

iu

How?

Sign off on paperwork that needs to be submitted to get the stimulus. Or the healthcare professional could confirm a particular individual received the vaccine in database that the Treasury Department had access to.

The stimulus bill could carve out a HIPA exemption for this specific issue if there were any conflicts.

Who said I want a stimulus check? Unemployment is below 7% they say, better than during the recession, and no one was getting free money from the government then. Or ridiculous unemployment benefits, either. I get that when you outlaw people going to work, you should do something, but that time is long past. I don't see the need for it; we can't afford it.

That's not what this thread is about, actually. It's really about incentives to take the vaccine like a mature adult. Too many people aren't acting like grownups. That's the problem.

They don't have the money to pay the incentive.
The incentive would be a way to encourage compliance.

Compliance is what they want.
The make believe money is tied to compliance, and sold as protection.

All this make believe money is tied to the expansion of governmental control.
Grown-ups don't invest in something they cannot pay for, and especially if it is a bottle of snake oil.

I'll be making a fortune counterfeiting inoculation certificates.

Or we could use a database.

I mean, we had verification of insurance for years regarding tax penalties under Obamacare.

So its entirely possible to tie verification of some medically related certification to pay outs.....or the lack of them.

Hello.

Smerconish.com

Looks like you were in massive badluck. Today might be different, you are in an age that makes Covid more dangerous for you. But you are right, nobody should be forced to take a vaccine. Combining it with a little present is something else.

They don't have the money to pay the incentive.
The incentive would be a way to encourage compliance.

Compliance is what they want.
The make believe money is tied to compliance, and sold as protection.

All this make believe money is tied to the expansion of governmental control.
Grown-ups don't invest in something they cannot pay for, and especially if it is a bottle of snake oil.

Vaccines are hardly 'snake oil'. As demostrated by the startling lack of polio ravaging our country.

How?

Sign off on paperwork that needs to be submitted to get the stimulus. Or the healthcare professional could confirm a particular individual received the vaccine in database that the Treasury Department had access to.

The stimulus bill could carve out a HIPA exemption for this specific issue if there were any conflicts.
The database thing might work.

How?

The database thing might work.

It did for Obamacare. Most 'proofs of insurance' were submitted to the IRS automatically by your employer.

If they can do it to stave off a penalty, they can do it trigger a payment.

Forum List

Back