Tx teacher makes students recites Mexico's national anthem

Tx teacher makes students recites Mexico's national anthem

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWJeRZsngyc]Worst Persons: Tom Leppert, Anita Perry and Glenn Beck - YouTube[/ame]

images

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Last edited:
Pretty strange...to listen to it to understand it is one thing...to actually be forced to recite it is another thing completely.

I know the libs will say its a spanish class . I can give a flying F about that. Why not teach our national anthem in spanish instead of the Mexico one first..
Texas students taught to recite Mexican pledge of allegiance « Hot Air

When I took spanish in high school, I did not learn how to say "franks and beans" in spanish. I learned how to say spanish dishes in spanish.

Spanish class was not just about the language. It was about the culture. And being in Texas, the Mexican cluture is likely part of the lives of many of the students.

There was nothing wrong with this in my eyes. It was some girls fathers way to get his 15 minutes of fme...and in my eyes...not a very good lesson to teach his daughter.

I'm going out on a limb and say what do you expect from Hot Air?

Now that I've read it it really is what I expect from Hot Air. Hot Air!

I know the libs will say its a spanish class . I can give a flying F about that. Why not teach our national anthem in spanish instead of the Mexico one first..

You're making much ado out of nothing. While I tend to agree that there's an obvious bias in the teacher's assignment, considering everything as explained in the article, the assignment itself is perfectly reasonable. Foreign language classes have always contained cultural elements to their curricula. This is no different than my having to read Caesar aloud in Latin class.

Damn, what a bunch of stupid, small minded people.

Republicans make me sick.

So you base your sentiments of a person based on the party they support.
You do realize, of course, that is why people refer to you as a partisan hack.

Now, as I said earlier in this thread....there is no issue with what this teacher did in my eyes. To the contrary, I see it as a rational move considering the class being taught and the location of the school.

Furthermore, I think the parent taught his daughter the wrong lesson...and I believe he was only looking for his 15 minutes of fame.

Now, you dont have to like me....but as you can see...not all republicans agree on all issues.

here's the video. pledging one's loyalty to a country other than your own whether serious or not is still really jacked up...especially when schools force it on kids.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzPaVnIOWms]McAllen Texas Students Forced to Recite Mexican Pledge and National Anthem Video TheBlaze com - YouTube[/ame]

Alot of the Mexicans that live in the Southwest view those states as part of Mexico, and they are not shy about that.

Let them try and take it then.

They are but not Militarily, they are doing but overpopulating the areas and making them predominantly Hispanic and making Mexican culture the dominant one, have you been to New Mexico, Arizona, Texas or California lately? it is working, there are areas of those states where you can go and barely anyone will speak a word of English, I was driving in Ventura California on my way to a job interview and ran across a liquor store with Mexican flag out front.

Alot of the Mexicans that live in the Southwest view those states as part of Mexico, and they are not shy about that.

They are but not Militarily, they are doing but overpopulating the areas and making them predominantly Hispanic and making Mexican culture the dominant one, have you been to New Mexico, Arizona, Texas or California lately? it is working, there are areas of those states where you can go and barely anyone will speak a word of English, I was driving in Ventura California on my way to a job interview and ran across a liquor store with Mexican flag out front.

Did you freak out? I ate at a restaurant the other day that had a French flag flying in front of it.

:eek:

Did you freak out? I ate at a restaurant the other day that had a French flag flying in front of it.

My whole city has French and Spanish flags all over the damn place.

We learned la Marseillaise in French class.

Forum List

Back