Two Questions for All: First, can we agree that E Pluribus Unum is dead?

I do not agree. The problem is the government is not set-up to handle the sophisticated expectations of the tremendously more diverse society the nation has evolved to.

Do you want to say everything is a mess, and continue on with the subsisting government???

The first generation of the American Experiment has probably expired its trial parameters, and the over-run is probably repeating and compounding errors in the processing of social issues; subsequently, adversely affecting the approach to the Experiment's hypothetical and established expectations.

Even if you believe the prediction of that article - what's going to happen? Both sides are going to build new government based on the same experiment model???

Wake up! The problem is the government is not designed correctly.
It's a govt of the sheeple by the sheeple for the.......m

Another question I would have is whether the separatists think America (such as it is) will be a stronger country when we have split into red and blue states, or if it matters.
You underestimate the fickleness and fecklessness of America.

On September 10th, 2001, people were saying the same thing you are saying. Look at the country's reaction to Bush being elected. Remember the million man March? The protests for gay rights, and the counter reaction?

And then the next day, trannies and rednecks were hugging each other and singing Lee Greenwood ttogether. Saw it with my own eyes.

You underestimate the fickleness and fecklessness of America.

On September 10th, 2001, people were saying the same thing you are saying. Look at the country's reaction to Bush being elected. Remember the million man March? The protests for gay rights, and the counter reaction?

And then the next day, trannies and rednecks were hugging each other and singing Lee Greenwood ttogether. Saw it with my own eyes.
Well, I keep hearing that this is no big deal, that we've seen it before.

Well, I haven't. So maybe it's just me.

Well, I keep hearing that this is no big deal, that we've seen it before.

Well, I haven't. So maybe it's just me.
I doubt anyone has told you its no big deal. I will chalk that one up to taking a LOT of literary license.

Of course it is a big deal. And yes, we have seen it before. And it was worse, in 1967, for example. I have given a lot of reasons why. In 1967 there were violent clashes in the streets in flyover country. Not protests that turned violent and damaged property. Literally violent clashes in the streets, in everytown,USA. Piles of records and magazines being burnt on the church veranda.

I can't be certain the current state of affairs will not get much worse. I admit that.

Last edited:
Interesting piece here: America Is Growing Apart, Possibly for Good

Go ahead and point the finger at the other tribe, but can we all at least agree that the phrase E Pluribus Unum no longer applies to America?

And second question, to the Republicans: You've often mentioned here that you'd like to geographically separate from those with whom you disagree. We appear to be seeing just that, as states divide themselves by intensity of religious belief and ideological dogma. Do you feel victorious about that? Vindicated?

Bonus question: Can we agree that America is no longer "exceptional"?
1) no doubt agree
2) i don’t know anyone that wants to break up the country…i have noticed people fleeing states and moving to places like Fl, Tenn and Texas
3) no we are still exceptional

Go ahead and point the finger at the other tribe, but can we all at least agree that the phrase E Pluribus Unum no longer applies to America?

And second question, to the Republicans: You've often mentioned here that you'd like to geographically separate from those with whom you disagree. We appear to be seeing just that, as states divide themselves by intensity of religious belief and ideological dogma. Do you feel victorious about that? Vindicated?

Two Questions for All: First, can we agree that E Pluribus Unum is dead?​

No.

…. second question, to the Republicans: You've often mentioned here that you'd like to geographically separate from those with whom you disagree. We appear to be seeing just that, as states divide themselves by intensity of religious belief and ideological dogma. Do you feel victorious about that? Vindicated?

You are guilty of over generalization. You ask your faux question of “Republicans” but fail to qualify your premise. It is simply untrue that Republicans in general ask for geographical separation. But if you liberals (some of you liberals) want to run off to Canada, I’d be fine with that. Vote with your feet. Not my concern.

What would your favored alternative be?
My preference would be for a system with an unchangeable Constitution and a Government that exists solely to implement the structure laid out in that Constitution. The powers of said Government would be extremely large based on the items in the Constitution and nonexistent on anything not in the Constitution.

What do you think gets more clicks and views, confident optimism about America or yet another doom and gloom "article"?

What do you mean it "was done by design"?

Who designed the path to the social disorder we endure???
The elitist/globalist/corporatist
Obama is a prime example of an elitist/globalist President. (not picking on a Democrat, Republicans are the same)
When 2008/09 happened. All of the efforts were to minimize or outright remove any damage done to shareholders and principle investment banks. 6,000,000 people lost their homes in foreclosure, but the banks that held the mortgages were fully bailed out including their profits. And they kept the property.
That is just one example.
What does that have to do with social disorder?
Because the elitist/globalist corruption needs diversions to take the attention away from them. So they bought ALL of the media sources. All the way down to small town newspapers. They bought them all except for very few hold outs in small-small towns. Their purpose is to divide the people into two factions that will constantly act like the Hatfield & McCoys thereby ignoring what they are doing. And what they are doing is evaporating private ownership into the hands of fewer and fewer and fewer hands building $100 billionaires and within a few years... America's first $Trillionaire.
But this is a SUPER abridged version of this happening. It really takes a whole book to get into it.

Man... and I thought I was pessimistic...

What do you think gets more clicks and views, confident optimism about America or yet another doom and gloom "article"?
Articles about $6 gas and runaway inflation and retirement accounts losing half their value seem to garnish the most attention for some reason or another.

I know, ban the media. Maybe that can save Diaper Joe.

Articles about $6 gas and runaway inflation and retirement accounts losing half their value seem to garnish the most attention for some reason or another.

I know, ban the media. Maybe that can save Diaper Joe.
The media that has been in the crotch of the DNC for decades? I don't think Captain Dementia would benefit from that.

My preference would be for a system with an unchangeable Constitution and a Government that exists solely to implement the structure laid out in that Constitution. The powers of said Government would be extremely large based on the items in the Constitution and nonexistent on anything not in the Constitution.
Same President/VP structure?

Another question I would have is whether the separatists think America (such as it is) will be a stronger country when we have split into red and blue states, or if it matters. Their top priority appears to be avoiding anyone who doesn't think just like they do.

Who are 'the separatists' that you hallucinate about??

Multiculturalism / diversity has destroyed us….we’re just too different with too little in common.
Time to segregate to save the union.

I disagree.
( ha ha )
The reality is that we are all humans with the same DNA evolutionary path has lead to our current species.
The problem with cultures is they often are wrong, manipulated by politics, religions, etc., so we NEED cultural diversity in order to see other cultural and religious choices, if we want to make informed decisions vs just rote conditioning.
So the differences are SUPERICIAL, artificial, and likely wrong.
If we learn our REAL identity, we would realize all humans are essentially nearly identical.
There is no way to counter harmful propaganda and cultural conditioning without multiculturalism.
So multiculturalism is essential for anyone to learn their true self.
Without it, we just live out lies we have been manipulated by.

New Topics

Forum List

Back