Two Police Officers Shot In The Head in Compton, California

They're not entitled to anything other than common courtesy and compliance with their lawfully issued commands.

I would submit that they're not entitled to anything but the compliance.

Not police personally, but the societal rules which we all have a hand in creating and that police are charged with enforcing.

Police (most police that is, I can't possibly speak for the other millions or so) aren't concerned with your courtesy or your respect. They only seek your compliance with their lawful directions.

The place to challenge law isn't on the street in an aggressive confrontation with police. The proper place to challenge law is in court.
A bit of preparation, knowledge of one's rights, a visible recorder (audio and/or video) as well as a hidden recorder goes a long way towards being prepared for having to deal with them in court, if one lives long enough to get there.

I am not anti-cop by any stretch of the imagination but I am avidly anti-asshole, irrespective of their profession. When it comes to asshole cops, yeah, that's always a problem for me.

The ACLU has an app you can download on your phone that you can use to record police encounters that transmits the video footage to their secured servers so that even if the cops take your phone over your objection, deletes the footage that you recorded, then you'll still have a copy as well as proof that they destroyed incriminating evidence.

All that being said, as long as the courts keep giving corrupt police officers a pass for behavior that is clearly a violation of our laws, their agency's policies, procedures or code of ethics (assuming one even exists) we'll continue to have these problems.

Oh and as long as they let officers who refer to black people using the N word claim that they are not racists, none of them have any credibility what so ever.
In a thread about the attempted Assassination of 2 police officers by a Coward..........this punk ass poster tries to explain how to get evidence the Police.

Trying to BLAME SHIFT the narrative to POLICE ARE EVIL.

The scumbag........who did this..........encouraged by assholes like this poster......needs to be blown away......I don't even care if that short thing is a kid.............he shot both in the head at point blank range.

Take your narrative and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.........don't like It.......I really don't care......BLM and Antifa are Terrorists......and encourage this along with a DNC and MSM who have blood on their hands.
Well you just fucked up.
Yawn
Yeah, I thought as much.
Did it hurt you. Thinking......was painful I'm sure.
Not as much as having made a threat of violence against me is going to hurt you.
STFU........I made a generic message.........grow up.

I'm sure you called the FBI or whatever......I really don't care that your feelings got hurt......

My post didn't even get removed.......so OH WELL.

This is about a coward tryin g to execute 2 police officers, and you are diverting........oh well.
I'm not the person you have to plead your case to so you might want to take your own advise and just STFU when it come to addressing me, you're not making things better for yourself by continuing to communicate with me. In fact I insist on it.

They're not entitled to anything other than common courtesy and compliance with their lawfully issued commands.

Not police personally, but the societal rules which we all have a hand in creating and that police are charged with enforcing.

Police (most police that is, I can't possibly speak for the other millions or so) aren't concerned with your courtesy or your respect. They only seek your compliance with their lawful directions.

The place to challenge law isn't on the street in an aggressive confrontation with police. The proper place to challenge law is in court.
A bit of preparation, knowledge of one's rights, a visible recorder (audio and/or video) as well as a hidden recorder goes a long way towards being prepared for having to deal with them in court, if one lives long enough to get there.

I am not anti-cop by any stretch of the imagination but I am avidly anti-asshole, irrespective of their profession. When it comes to asshole cops, yeah, that's always a problem for me.

The ACLU has an app you can download on your phone that you can use to record police encounters that transmits the video footage to their secured servers so that even if the cops take your phone over your objection, deletes the footage that you recorded, then you'll still have a copy as well as proof that they destroyed incriminating evidence.

All that being said, as long as the courts keep giving corrupt police officers a pass for behavior that is clearly a violation of our laws, their agency's policies, procedures or code of ethics (assuming one even exists) we'll continue to have these problems.

Oh and as long as they let officers who refer to black people using the N word claim that they are not racists, none of them have any credibility what so ever.
In a thread about the attempted Assassination of 2 police officers by a Coward..........this punk ass poster tries to explain how to get evidence the Police.

The scumbag........who did this..........encouraged by assholes like this poster......needs to be blown away......I don't even care if that short thing is a kid.............he shot both in the head at point blank range.

Take your narrative and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.........don't like It.......I really don't care......BLM and Antifa are Terrorists......and encourage this along with a DNC and MSM who have blood on their hands.
Well you just fucked up.
Yawn
Yeah, I thought as much.
Did it hurt you. Thinking......was painful I'm sure.
Not as much as having made a threat of violence against me is going to hurt you.
STFU........I made a generic message.........grow up.

I'm sure you called the FBI or whatever......I really don't care that your feelings got hurt......

My post didn't even get removed.......so OH WELL.

This is about a coward tryin g to execute 2 police officers, and you are diverting........oh well.
I'm not the person you have to plead your case to so you might want to take your own advise and just STFU when it come to addressing me, you're not making things better for yourself by continuing to communicate with me. In fact I insist on it.
I reread the post.....unless you are the scumbag who shot the police then you were not threatened......You like other liberals have a reading problem.

Now.........are you the scumbag who shot the police...........if not.....you don't have a leg to stand on.

Good Luck......you will need it..........and you are in fact the one threatening now.......not me.........because you can't low reading comprehention.

Nobody has the right to take the life of another outside of direct actual self defense.
Agree, but being a cop comes with constant danger where the possibility of death lurks in every situation. Blacks being given this idea that the law represents the old white order, and that these cop's are exclusively working against them for the old white order is a lie that's getting innocent people killed. Whoever was pumping the lie whether it's Hollywood, the media, Democrat politician's or other has blood on their hands. A huge investigation should begin that includes evidence of these things, and to show the patterns that have led to this problem.

That's not the facts that blacks have lived under. Look at the stats on Stop and Frisk.

And just for the sake of argument let's say you are right. That doesn't give anyone the right to shoot someone in the back for running away.
I'm sure some white thugs got caught up in stop and frisk also, because the law is blind when it comes to justice on the street.
Did you really mean to imply that white "thugs" shouldn't have been "caught up" in the net laid out to catch non-whites known as Stop & Frisk?
Listen you, if you are having trouble reading and then comprehending my post, then go get you some schooling, and then come back educated enough to properly debate once you understand what it is that you are attempting to manipulate or just don't have enough sense to understand.

I was saying that white thugs were caught up in the stop and frisk just like the blacks were, otherwise meaning that it was targeting thugs whether they were white or black. Of course it is being played as if it was targeting only black's, but I garantee you that it wasn't the case. Everything is about race if black's are caught up in it now, even though most know that no one innocent are being targeted in these stings.

I'm just not sure what the answer is to crime anymore, because the cops are faced with a situation where as if anyone black is caught in a sting, the use of the race card is thrown even if it's the case that a person's color is not being considered in the sting or program like "stop and frisk".

I just use common sense about these things, and I just can't believe that black's are being targeted somehow because of their color, instead of their involvement in crime if it ends up being the case.
I was actually just teasing you but it's okay lol.

Stop & Frisk is still unconstitutional because it profiles and targets people based on their race, ethnicity, etc.

If you only look for crime in black and Hispanic neighborhoods almost all of the criminals you find will be black and Hispanic. If you never look for criminals in white neighborhoods, how many white criminals are you going to find?
If you have ten officers to reduce crime, do you send them into the neighborhood that has a hundred violent crimes a day, or the neighborhood that has one violent crime a day? In my opinion you police the area with the most violent crime so as to protect the most people regardless of color. If the police pulled out of black neighborhoods, abandoning them to the criminals, you'd be the first to scream racism because they were just protecting white people.
Why do you all keep wrongfully asserting that there is no crime in the white areas? And the fact that in the vast majority of the cases of Stop & Frisk, the police found no contraband indicates that they were just phishing (profiling)
Why don't you go into Chicago with your BlM signs a blazing, and tell those inner city gangs that they got to quit acting up, because thems white folks gets nervous when they keep a acting up ???
Why don't you? What are you so afraid of?
That's your problem, you think we're afraid. You couldn't be more wrong. We just believe in the rule of law as long as it works, and lately it's been getting close to not working, and that ain't good.

Well you just fucked up.

Word for word............the scumbag who did this..........aka who shot the police needs to be blown away.

Because this guy tried to assassinate 2 police officer.

So.........unless you are the shooter........you were never threatened........GOOD LUCK.

do have a right to resist an unlawful arrest. Before long everyone will understand that. Its why the founders incorporated the 2nd Amendment.
You’d better not take that advice. Resisting arrest is itself a crime. FU and your second amendment. It has no place when it comes to a cop performing his duty. You’d better not resist by producing a weapon. Terrible post. The time to resist any arrest is by filing a complaint or instituting a suit after the fact. You’re giving stupid advice.

Resisting an illegal arrest is not a crime. Yes forever the cops would arrest you for that but when we have proof that the arrest was not lawful the charges get dropped. We are going to stop that practice. The cops are going to learn what they can and what they can not do or they are going to continue to lose their jobs.

Poor people can not afford to file lawsuits. I have never understood those who believe that paying people millions and millions dollars a year in settlements is a better system than proper police training.
Animal---not bright enough to know that you are forcing the US to make a choice to either allow criminals and their supporters to terrorize cops and their communities as you suggest or to go back to common sense---if you resist arrest, you should expect to be shot.

Resisting arrest is a crime idgit-----and sorry but all of these cases that blm keep putting are up are cases of violent criminals resisting lawful arrests------think you have been unfairly arrested, tell it to the judge. Refuse to be arrested, get shot.
Who taught you (erroneously) that you can shoot someone for simply committing a crime or resisting arrest? Because neither is true.
If commit felony assault on another human being, and then try to run from the law after resisting arrest, then the officers is to assume by all the facts of the case that he has to make a quick decision, and that decision is to stop the perp before he gets away to hurt another innocent person just like he did prior to the officer attempting to arrest him for it. How many criminals have gotten away to only repeat offend again and again ?? Do you think that if a maximum security prison break occurs, that the posse is going to beg the rapist murderer to just walk on back to the prison if they give them cake and ice cream ???

The police are being set up in some cases, by those wanting to aid and abed crimals based upon a skin color now, and that's not working. Why not "all lives matter", and why not rally for all supposed innocent's regardless of skin color when they come in contact with the laws being upheld by the police ?? Where are all the smart phone camera's when people of other colors are being stopped by the law ??? Do black's only care about black lives ??? Oh there's plenty of pain to go around for people of all colors, because we aren't perfect, and we will come into contact with that good cop or not so good cop sooner or later. What should we do ?? Remain calm, and obey the officers commands in order to keep them and us safe. We all want to go home to our families including them.
If the person is running away they no longer are posing an imminent threat, therefore the threat to which one could claim self-defense no longer exists. To shoot them in the back as they are attempting to flee if the crime for which they were being arrested for is a misdemeanor and they are unarmed would not be lawful.

And just for the record most black people that I know are not only concerned about black lives, although for many that may be the main focus. If you don't insist that the laws be followed in regards to the rights of others then you have no right to be upset or demand that they are when it comes to your own rights.

And then that guy gets away from the police, and shoots their ex-girlfriend, and you complain "Police are killing harmless people, and not stopping the criminals."

That's the problem with left-wingers. They don't want to police to stop criminals they know about, until those criminals murder and harm people, and then they ask "why didn't the police stop them when they knew about it?

Absolutely stupid.

As far as I'm concerned, shoot them in the back, front, side, whatever. Just kill the criminals.
And this is the ignorance that we have to deal with that results in the million dollar payouts by the cities to the families of the people they have wrongfully killed.
Cities paying out due to being worried about being labeled as racist or anything else in which the left has somehow gotten great power over it all or had gotten power over them on isn't good. Intimidating or the bribing of officials is becoming common place anymore in America, but it just shows how far into the gutter we have since gone.

Last edited:
Now show me how you were directly threatened...............

Unless you are the shooter......haven't looked but they are looking for them still last I heard........I suggest you turn yourself in.

do have a right to resist an unlawful arrest. Before long everyone will understand that. Its why the founders incorporated the 2nd Amendment.
You’d better not take that advice. Resisting arrest is itself a crime. FU and your second amendment. It has no place when it comes to a cop performing his duty. You’d better not resist by producing a weapon. Terrible post. The time to resist any arrest is by filing a complaint or instituting a suit after the fact. You’re giving stupid advice.

Resisting an illegal arrest is not a crime. Yes forever the cops would arrest you for that but when we have proof that the arrest was not lawful the charges get dropped. We are going to stop that practice. The cops are going to learn what they can and what they can not do or they are going to continue to lose their jobs.

Poor people can not afford to file lawsuits. I have never understood those who believe that paying people millions and millions dollars a year in settlements is a better system than proper police training.
Whatyou don’t get is, police are legally entitled to be wrong if they have reasonable suspicion of a criminal act that turns out not to be a crime later. A legal arrest can be made with no charges later. It happens legally. Law enforcement would be impossible over wise.

In the case of the driver getting stopped for a broken tail light there was no case where a reasonable suspicion falls on a passenger.
None of these losers had ID? Comeon now------------that is a clear sign that they are all up to no good.....along with biting the officer I mean.

Right, "Show me your papers".
Unless you are driving, you don't have to produce ID, but you do have to identify yourself by providing your name and I believe your address upon request. Failure to do so will get you "detained" in jail until your identity can be determined. It's not likely the cops will break any speed records identifying someone who is making their life harder than it has to be.

Whatyou don’t get is, police are legally entitled to be wrong if they have reasonable suspicion of a criminal act that turns out not to be a crime later. A legal arrest can be made with no charges later. It happens legally. Law enforcement would be impossible over wise.

In the case of the driver getting stopped for a broken tail light there was no case where a reasonable suspicion falls on a passenger.
None of these losers had ID? Comeon now------------that is a clear sign that they are all up to no good.....along with biting the officer I mean.

Unless you are driving, you don't have to produce ID, but you do have to identify yourself by providing your name and I believe your address upon request. Failure to do so will get you "detained" in jail until your identity can be determined. It's not likely the cops will break any speed records identifying someone who is making their life harder than it has to be.

I'm not really interested in what you "believe".

You’re
ignorance of arrest is showing. It’s legal to arrest to gather evidence for a suspected crime. That’s what happens during OUI stops. There are many instances where arresting someone temporarily is legal without being charged later. Refusal to be temporally detained to gather evidence can get you arrested. Get a clue. Heck, in domestic disturbance, they can even arrest and remove a person they feel is in danger to remove them from the scene if they refuse to leave. .

Resisting arrest is a crime.......
You will be charge then and there if you do it. You won’t escape that charge if you could have been released for the original. DONT LISTEN TO YOURSELF. Sure, you’re a lawyer. You know what an illegal arrest is ? These guys don’t go through training with the legal system and cowboys don’t have a fking clue. You would be fking amazed at the cowboy advice given by jokers sitting in the seat beside a driver what they can and can’t do, and half these guys were in the bag too. You can legally and they do arrest the whole, Crew. The guy giving the false advice and inciting illegal behavior can be charged with a crime ! Your time to fight illegal arrest is with a lawyer and suit after wards. Poor people suddenly know more law then a cop ? What BS. You can’t go through life thinking your fking logic is a solution. It isn’t without training.

I argue that the police have no right to arrest you during an unlawful stop. You argue they have a right to arrest you during a lawful stop and tell me I am wrong.

I have no interest in this kind of discussion.

In the case where a driver was stopped with a broken tail light the passengers did absolutely NOTHING illegal. The guy the police beat is going to be rich because they would not accept no for an answer.

. Now you’re saying if the stop is illegal but maybe the suspected crime is real, the cop can’t arrest someone ? correct me if I’m wrong.....Good luck with that scenario .
We’re jumping from one assumption to another. The average person doesn’t have a clue what constitutes an unlawful stop. You’re jumping around from one idea, that you May not know more then the cops. A cop can make a stop based upon information gathering that he has to do on crimes you aren’t even aware of. You do get it happens all the time when OUI random stops, and a variety of traffic warning warning stops. If you think the stop is unlawful and try to evade it or ensuing arrest, we‘re in deep shit if you are wrong.. Cops are given lots of latitude for stops.
Cops have outstanding warrant sheets with dozens of car descriptions. We could easily be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Cooperate if we have nothing to hide. It costs us no more then a little time.
The average person rarely knows more about the law than the cop stopping him. It can happen. Once when I was in the Army Reserves I was the ranking person in a Army vehicle that was pulled over for speeding by the CHP. I told the driver to provide only his Army driver's license knowing it would get him out of the ticket because the numbers wouldn't fit the state's database. The Chippie got a little annoyed at that, so I requested that he get his Vehicle Code Extract that they all carry. I then showed him the vehicle code section that showed that while operating a military vehicle on active duty, an California driver's license wasn't required. As the senior person in the vehicle (the vehicle commander legally) I offered to take the ticket, knowing full well that it would be thrown out of court. The chippie was classy enough to laugh, thank me for the lesson and let us go. The difference between the way I handled the situation and the way people handle things that go bad, was that I was quiet and respectful and made requests rather than getting indignant and making demands. Everybody involved knew that I was rules-lawyering the situation, but the fact that I was willing to take the ticket gave the cop a way out gracefully.

I know for a fact that you have to provide your name, I'm not sure about the address, that's why I put it that way.

It is in Texas.
I agree that's bullshit, but it is a law here.

It can't be. There is NO law that states that I have to have I.D. on me.
No, I mean it is unlawful to resist even an illegal arrest.
I think that's bullshit personally, but that's the way the law is written.
The police are given a wide latitude for detainment. If a subject is uncooperative, it can easily turn into an arrest That is legal regardless of what you think. You don’t know the arrest is illegal, cause you don’t know what they know. If we want to play games...we’ll lose more often then not. An experienced cop doesn’t make mistakes that allow a civilian to easily determine the legality of an arrest, let alone a stop.
Not by the law, they aren't.
If the cop does not have specific articulable facts in evidence, (not suspected) that would lead a reasonable person (not another cop) to believe a crime is being, has been, or is about to be committed, the cop has no right to stop or detain anyone. They can ask all the questions they want, but they are entitled to no answers, and the person can remain silent and simply walk away at any time. If they pulled you over and refuse to tell you why you were stopped, you are under no legal obligation to provide ID, or answer any questions.

Cops screw themselves, piss off everybody, and often cost their cities hundreds of thousands of dollars in settlement money, when they decide to stray outside of these boundaries.
Ego is a bitchkitty that'll scratch...... hard.
If you are pulled over WHILE DRIVING, you are required to produce a driver's license.

I know for a fact that you have to provide your name, I'm not sure about the address, that's why I put it that way.

Why do you believe all charges were dropped? What good would telling his name even done?

When are the bad guy's going to start acting within the framework of the law ??? The answer is they won't. So they force the cop's outside of the framework of the law all the time if possible, just like wiggling a worm for a fish until it finally strikes.

Well what a dumb ace fish/cop the criminal/bad fisherman thinks when it bites right ?? Then the bad fisherman/criminal hopes to reel it in and cut's it's head off.

Fighting fire with fire can get ugly, but the game itself is a tough one that's changing all the time. Cop's are having to adapt all the time, and the general public hasn't a clue.

What a volital situation it has all become.
See?

It all boils down to cops get to do whatever the hell they want, w/no consequences for unjust guttersnipes like this one.
Really dude...what is wrong with you?.....cops are human....if scumbags don't resist they won't get hurt...it must take an idiot to not see this....
DON'T RESIST ARREST!!!!!!! Got It????
You’re not black are you ?
What does that have to do with it?...I grew up in South Central LA...I went to a mostly black Jr High and High school...I've seen how the people in that community interact with cops...and they do it stupidly to steal a word from Obama.....

When ever I've been pulled over I turn on my dome light and place my hands on the steering wheel...and I obey every word from the cop and I do not lie to him or her...Its kind of simple....if you are innocent you will get your day in court.....

And by the way...out of all the names in the news that have been shot by cops how many actually were innocent?....try one...maybe she was innocent.....maybe not....its being investigated....

So my 2nd bit of advice I can give is stop breaking the fucking law....
Manual Arts, or Dorsey? I went to Belmont.

I have seen them post video's of people who have. One real ugly one where the officer refused over and over to tell a driver why he pulled him over. I unfortunately have not seen the outcome of that.

There is no requirement that the officer tells the driver the reason they were pulled until the driver has identified themselves to the satisfaction of the officer.

It is really quite simple. If you're pulled over, simply comply. Problem solved. Have you seen where someone pulled over, complied with the officer's legal instructions, provided their valid driver's license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance suddenly going south for no reason?
Why yes we have:
Shooting of Philando Castile - Wikipedia
He was AQUITED

Yanez was charged with second-degree manslaughter and two counts of dangerous discharge of a firearm.[10] After five days of deliberation, he was acquitted of all charges in a jury trial on June 16, 2017.
The fact he was acquitted shows an example of failed justice.
Our justice system is designed to be slanted in favor of the defendant. In this case it worked as designed despite the outcome not being fair. Would you rather have a system where the defendant is guilty until proven innocent?

Why do you believe all charges were dropped? What good would telling his name even done?
The story said all charges were dropped at the request of the arresting officers. Identifying himself would have allowed the officers to exclude him as a suspect in the domestic violence case they were responding to.

The story said all charges were dropped at the request of the arresting officers. Identifying himself would have allowed the officers to exclude him as a suspect in the domestic violence case they were responding to.

People are getting tired of getting stopped simply because of their color even though they do not meet the description.

Bakersfield woman, mistaken for male suspect, files excessive force claim against police

How is it that we continue to employ someone unable to tell the difference between a bald 30 year old 5'10 160 lb man with a goatee and a 5'2 120lb female?

So why are blacks four times as likely to be stopped and three times is likely to be arrested and put in prison although there is little evidence they are more criminal than whites. Black gangsters of course are very busy killing each other over who gets to sell drugs to whites from the suburbs and the sticks.

Are you sure it's black gangsters and not the Mexican cartels? Mexican cartels are responsible for the majority of drugs in this country.

And then that guy gets away from the police, and shoots their ex-girlfriend, and you complain "Police are killing harmless people, and not stopping the criminals."

That's the problem with left-wingers. They don't want to police to stop criminals they know about, until those criminals murder and harm people, and then they ask "why didn't the police stop them when they knew about it?

Absolutely stupid.

As far as I'm concerned, shoot them in the back, front, side, whatever. Just kill the criminals.

Good thing that you are not involved in law enforcement. Your posts demonstrate that you definitely don't have the aptitude nor the discipline for being a police officer.

Understand, I am not condoning the shooter in ANY way.....................

There are lots of people out there who are always looking for any excuse to commit random violence. And, there are some who are using BLM as a way to go out and try to kill police. Just because a few bad cops ended up killing black people while arresting them, DOES NOT justify going out and calling open season on the police.

As far as what should happen to this shooter if he's caught? Make it a national spectacle (a la the OJ case), and throw the book at him, and make him an example. And, also warn everyone else, that if they go out and try to assassinate police officers, the same thing will happen to them.

If they are in a death penalty state? Give them the death sentence at trial, and if the case is airtight and proves the person shot the cops, tell them no appeals allowed, and on the day of their execution, stand them up in front of a firing squad, so they can go out the way that they tried to take out the cops.

Forum List

Back