CDZ Two options...the European model of self defense, and the American model of Self defensse.

I hear many Americans say that shying away from owning guns is cowardly. But it seems to me that people who do not feel threatened by an opposing opinion clearly do not find themselves in a situation where cowardice is an issue in the first place. If you need a gun to express yourself then it is you who’s the coward.

View attachment 545418

Naturally, if your environment is such that the “haves” and the “have nots” are pitted against one another then you may find a gun useful, but Europe (in general) doesn’t support or encourage such an environment.

Do you know where your meme goes wrong?

It is the government...using guns....in Europe....locking up people who disagree with the government...try telling an off color joke in Britain...you will be arrested.....you have no idea what you are talking about...

2017-10-04-c.jpg

Homicides in rich countries.

Note however that the richest countries on your list have the lowest rate of homicides. The US is probably the poorest nation on the list. It makes sense.

1. United States (GDP: 20.49 trillion)
  2. China (GDP: 13.4 trillion)
  3. Japan: (GDP: 4.97 trillion)
  4. Germany: (GDP: 4.00 trillion)
  5. United Kingdom: (GDP: 2.83 trillion)
  6. France: (GDP: 2.78 trillion)
  7. India: (GDP: 2.72 trillion)
  8. Italy: (GDP: 2.07 trillion)
  9. Brazil: (GDP: 1.87 trillion)
  10. Canada: (GDP: 1.71 trillion)

California has twice the GDP that Canada does.

I hear many Americans say that shying away from owning guns is cowardly. But it seems to me that people who do not feel threatened by an opposing opinion clearly do not find themselves in a situation where cowardice is an issue in the first place. If you need a gun to express yourself then it is you who’s the coward.

View attachment 545418

Naturally, if your environment is such that the “haves” and the “have nots” are pitted against one another then you may find a gun useful, but Europe (in general) doesn’t support or encourage such an environment.

Do you understand that Europe is the home of the idea that if you disagree with their political or religious views they would kill you?

From the Catholic, Protestant wars......wars.........to the creation of socialsism...with it's two flavors...communism and fascism......they continued the concept of mass murder and gas chambers for people who disagreed with them.....remember those 12 million innocent men, women and children? They were murdered in 1939-45.......not during the dark ages..........

And if not for Americans...with guns......ending World War 1 and World War 2.......and keeping Russia out by keeping Americans with guns on the Continent........Europeans would be killing each other again every 20 years or so......

So your meme is just silly......

2017-10-04-c.jpg

Homicides in rich countries.

Intentional acts of self defense with guns...where violent rape, beatings, stabbings, robberies and murders are stopped by good Americans with their legal pistols and rifles.....

The United States...

Centers for Disease Control number...1.1 million times a year....

Department of Justice....1.5 million times a year....

2020 Firearms Survey....1.67 million times a year......

Lives saved...more lives saved each year than criminals commit murder....

Note however that the richest countries on your list have the lowest rate of homicides. The US is probably the poorest nation on the list. It makes sense.
  1. United States (GDP: 20.49 trillion)
  2. China (GDP: 13.4 trillion)
  3. Japan: (GDP: 4.97 trillion)
  4. Germany: (GDP: 4.00 trillion)
  5. United Kingdom: (GDP: 2.83 trillion)
  6. France: (GDP: 2.78 trillion)
  7. India: (GDP: 2.72 trillion)
  8. Italy: (GDP: 2.07 trillion)
  9. Brazil: (GDP: 1.87 trillion)
  10. Canada: (GDP: 1.71 trillion)

California has twice the GDP that Canada does.

What are you saying? If you are trying to make a point I think you ought to say what it is.

What are you saying? If you are trying to make a point I think you ought to say what it is.

Can you explain this?

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019...guess what happened...

New Concealed Carry Report For 2020: 19.48 Million Permit Holders, 820,000 More Than Last Year despite many states shutting down issuing permits because of the Coronavirus - Crime Prevention Research Center

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

This means that access to guns does not create gun crime........

So why did gun crime and murder go up after the decline for 27 years?

In 2015 the democrat party declared war on local police.......it escalated to the point they burned and looted cities for 7months, murdered over 40 people wounding over 400 police officers, and burned court houses and police stations....all while telling the police not to stop the blm and antifa, democrat party terrorists, attempting to cut police funding and demonizing our police officers as killers...

The police stopped active policing and began to only respond to 911 calls.......and the criminals, the protected class of the democrat party, responded by carrying guns and shooting each other in larger numbers than we have seen since 1960s....

It’s something but I still think the Times is downplaying the obvious a bit. Here’s the chart of the monthly murder rate. What you’ll see is that the first month where the murder rate started to spike above the average in previous years was May. Why in May? Because George Floyd was killed on May 25th and by the next day the video was going viral. The final weekend of May became a weekend of violent protests which pushed the monthly numbers out of orbit. And from there the murder rate continued to go up as sometimes violent anti-police protests were taking place around the country:

murder-spike-e1632350349602.jpg

Why would the death of George Floyd be connected with a wave of violence? I think the answer to that has to do with the nature of the protests, which were explicitly hostile to police. Police pulled back as protesters created autonomous zones in some cities.

It was basically the Ferguson Effect all on a national scale.

As police pulled back, criminals had less fear of consequences and also, some people felt more inclined to seek street justice rather than call the police when a disagreement arose. That’s the “increased distrust” mentioned above. The protests last year didn’t have to actually defund police departments in order to have a significant impact on the behavior of both cops and criminals.
----
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Portland had some of the most consistent and most violent protests last year and also lost a lot of officers to retirement and resignations. Portland was a worst case scenario for the connection between anti-police protests and increased violence and the numbers seem to reflect that.
FBI: Murder rose by 29% last year with the biggest spike coming a

The European option.......don't ride your bike in the park anymore........because a gang of thugs with a machete might beat you up and take your stuff......

But....you should simply take it, because to defend yourself...effectively....would entail learning to use a gun...

On a dry, unseasonably warm evening, still light enough to get home before dark, Harry Speak would usually leap at the chance to do his regular loop around Richmond Park. But rather than cycling the leafy seven-mile track, the 28-year old solicitor, is inside his Hammersmith flat, using the turbo-trainer.
After the violent mugging of professional cyclist and former stockbroker, Alexandar Richardson, Speak is scared to complete a lap he’s done almost weekly for a decade. He’d been riding his own road bike in the park just 24 hours before Richardson’s ordeal. “It’s left me pretty rattled.”
---

The details of the 31-year old’s daylight mugging were shocking to both cyclists and non-cyclists alike. On 7 October, four attackers in balaclavas, riding mopeds, pursued Richardson through Richmond Park, wielding a machete. When they caught up with him, they dragged him 100 metres along the ground and made off with his £10,000 bike. He was left badly bloodied and bruised.

The incident is not a one-off. Since the attack less than two weeks ago, it has emerged that three other cyclists were subjected to violent attacks in the same week in the leafy west London enclave, including one man who thought he was going to be decapitated by the machete-wielding thugs, and another who was injured after being threatened with a machete in the area on the same day.

You do not "need" to ride a bike in a public park.......so you should stop riding in the park rather than burden the NHS because you selfishly rode your bike, you were attacked and brutalized....and had your stuff taken...

Riding in a public park is just selfish....

Meanwhile, in the U.S......in the right states, you could draw a gun and drive off all of the attackers.....and discourage them from trying this attack again...

You choose.....who is the coward...the one who carries a gun and rides in the park...or the one who now is stuck in his home, using a turbo trainer?

Has any nation (even the US) ever beat the 2015 American record for mass shootings?

View attachment 553544

And that is a lie...there have not been that many mass public shootings...

in 2019, we had 12

In 2018 we had 10

in 2020 we had 2.....

Out of over 330 million people....

US mass shootings, 1982–2021: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation

Dating back to at least 2005, the FBI and leading criminologists essentially defined a mass shooting as a single attack in a public place in which four or more victims were killed. We adopted that baseline for fatalities when we gathered data in 2012 on three decades worth of cases.
-------

• Here is a description of the criteria we use:
    • The perpetrator took the lives of at least four people. A 2008 FBI report identifies an individual as a mass murderer—versus a spree killer or a serial killer—if he kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location. (*In 2013, the US government’s fatality baseline was revised down to three; our database reflects this change beginning from Jan. 2013, as detailed above.)
    • The killings were carried out by a lone shooter. (Except in the case of the Columbine massacre and the Westside Middle School killings, which involved two shooters.)
    • The shootings occurred in a public place. (Except in the case of a party on private property in Crandon, Wisconsin, and another in Seattle, where crowds of strangers had gathered, essentially constituting a public crowd.) Crimes primarily related to gang activity or armed robbery are not included, nor are mass killings that took place in private homes (often stemming from domestic violence).
    • Perpetrators who died or were wounded during the attack are not included in the victim tallies.
    • We included a handful of cases also known as “spree killings“—cases in which the killings occurred in more than one location, but still over a short period of time, that otherwise fit the above criteria.
    ----------------------
Our research focused on indiscriminate rampages in public places resulting in four or more victims killed by the attacker. We exclude shootings stemming from more conventionally motivated crimes such as armed robbery or gang violence. (Or in which the perpetrators have not been identified.) Other news outlets and researchers have since published larger tallies that include a wide range of gun crimes in which four or more people have been either wounded or killed. While those larger datasets of multiple-victim shootings are useful for studying the broader problem of gun violence, our investigation provides an in-depth look at a distinct phenomenon—from the firearms used and mental health factors to the growing copycat problem. Tracking mass shootings is complex; we believe ours is the most useful approach for studying this specific phenomenon.

---------
The actual number of mass shootings from Mother Jones......

Here you go...the number of mass public shootings according to Mother Jones...rabid, anti gun, left wing news source.....not the NRA...

The list below comes from the old definition of 4 killed to make a shooting a mass shooting...if you now go to the link there are more than listed below...but that is because Mother Jones changed the list from the time I first posted it...and changed to obama's new standard of only 3 dead to make a mass shooting...

I have put obama's updated number in parenthesis..........

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

2018... 12

2017: 11 ( 5 according to the old standard)

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

In Europe, these victims would likely be dead.....

A homeowner turns the tables on man police say broke into his northwest Atlanta house.
------
Investigators tell FOX 5 just after 11 p.m. Wednesday the suspect busted into the Dahlia Avenue house. After entering through the window, police say the alleged home invader grabbed two kitchen knives. He then allegedly went into another room and tried to stab a resident who uses a wheelchair.

Another resident opened fire on the suspect, shooting him in the stomach and arm. The suspect was found nearby by officers.

Paramedics rushed the injured home invasion suspect to Grady Memorial Hospital. He underwent surgery and was in stable condition as of late Thursday morning.

The homeowner told detectives he didn't know the guy who broke in and has no idea why his house was targeted.

The European model of self defense: What ever the government says is OK.
The American: Who's got the fastest trigger finger.

The European option for women being stalked.....

Wait until the man murders you........

American option.....buy a gun, get training, shoot the guy stalking you and trying to murder you....

British option......dying at the hands of your stalker...after calling the police......

They said Gracie Spinks complained to Derbyshire Police about Michael Sellers stalking her before she died.

Her family spoke to the BBC ahead of a vigil on what would have been her 24th birthday.
---
Miss Spinks had worked as a lifeguard but was furloughed because of the pandemic so got a job at Xbite Ltd in Chesterfield.
Sellers, who is thought to have murdered her before killing himself, was her supervisor at the e-commerce company.
"He had become a nuisance at work to her and work had dealt with it," said Ms Heaton.
"He did wait at the horse field one morning before, which really spooked her, and that prompted her to ring the police."
Weeks before she died, a member of the public found a bag of weapons close to where Miss Spinks was later killed, and this was reported to police.
Miss Spinks's father, Richard Spinks, said: "If it had been flagged up between the finding of the weapons and her complaint to the police and they had put the two together, they would have warned her, this wouldn't have happened."
----

Derbyshire Police referred itself to the IOPC following Gracie's death.
The IOPC said Miss Spinks made contact with Derbyshire Police in February "to make an allegation of stalking and that officers spoke to her and the man whose behaviour she had reported".

American option.........

LAS VEGAS, NV – A woman shot her stalker after he kicked in her back door. She had been living in fear, showering with a gun and propping a chair up against her door for just this sort of situation. Her post to Reddit made the story go viral.

She writes, “I’m writing this staring at the mess the police left for me, in a bit of a fog. After 6 months of stalking and threats against my life my stalker finally snapped and decided to kick my door in and make good on his promise. Out of fear, the past month I had begun sleeping with a chair propped against my front door, to give myself a few extra precious seconds in case of emergency. I shudder to think how differently things might’ve turned out had I not barricaded the door.”

Police say former boyfriend Douglas Eugene Jackson, 22, kicked in her door at around 1am last Friday.

“I awoke around 1:15 am to the sound of the door giving way after one kick followed by the sounds of my stalker struggling to dislodge the chair while forcing his way inside. I jumped up and grabbed the gun I’ve learned to do everything even shower with. I stood at the top of my stairs and fired twice. Hitting him in the chest, I hear his scream, his disbelief that I’d stood up for myself.” said the victim in a blog post.

KVVU-TV reports that Jackson left the scene and tried to hide in some bushes. Police dogs quickly found the stalker. He was treated for his injures at University Medical Center of Southern Nevada. Jackson now faces charges of home invasion and aggravated stalking.

Both women lived in fear of their stalker, and the police in each country could do nothing to help them....

The woman in Britain....was murdered....she had no other option.

The woman in America was able to buy a gun......and used it to save her life.....

Last edited:
The American option.....a woman and her gun...Europeans do not have this option....

So, in another thread one of the anti-gun posters pointed out that in Britain you need to show a “good reason” to the police before they allow you, a citizen to have a gun……a gun of limited selection….

So….explain this….

Avoiding gang rape in a London park is not a “good reason” to own a gun……

A member of the House of Lords, using a shotgun to hunt quail on his private country estate, has the “good reason.”

Guess who gets the gun permit…….

Does this make sense?

Forum List

Back