Two bodies — master and slave — unearthed in ruins of Pompeii villa

Um...I’m not even going to ask
Your username implies the same. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed in fire and brimstone, according to the Bible. Undoubtedly a volcanic eruption, like that of Mount Sinai, which resulted in the appearance of hot lava as a burning bush, plagues, mass murrain of cattle, darkness due to volcanic ash, and the death of the firstborn (read, "newborn") of man and beast by asphyxiation due to the ash.
The proclivities of vice, and the "gay" or carefree attitude, (e.g., the doorbusting cops of Sodom, or the fleshpots of Egypt, or Pharaoh's baker and butler) inured the people to the known risk of volcanic eruption and over time made it difficult or impossible for them to flee the impending death and destruction.

Those poor people. I feel kinda ghoulish oggling them like this. Hope they gave their remains a decent burial.

Ok

in order to increase the population, and the gene pool, most women, even those of the elites, basically whored themselves to sailors and visiting merchants.

Ok

in order to increase the population, and the gene pool, most women, even those of the elites, basically whored themselves to sailors and visiting merchants.

You have a strange view to history. ¿Which order? ¿Gene pool? ¿Most women?

What you say is nonsense. Sure existed medical problems of men like infertility and wifes used sometimes another biological man for to get children - with and without the knowledge of their husbands. But in most cases children came to other families on reason of wars and epidemies. A Christian German knight in the middle ages for example had in war against pagans the duty to have to adopt a child of a dead pagan enemy. In general were in former times about 10% of the children in a family not the biological children of the father - but in most cases this was not so on reason of fun.

Ok

What you say is nonsense. Sure existed medical problems of men like infertility and wifes used sometimes another biological man for to get children - with and without the knowledge of their husbands. But in most cases children came to other families on reason of wars and epidemies. A Christian German knight in the middle ages for example had in war against pagans the duty to have to adopt a child of a dead pagan enemy. In general were in former times about 10% of the children in a family not the biological children of the father - but in most cases this was not so on reason of fun.

Sorry

that came from an information book I picked up when I visited the site.

You can believe it or not, I don't care.

Ok

Sorry

About what do you not care?

Ok

Sorry

About what do you not care?

your opinion.

Forum List

Back