Twitter Fact Checks trump's Tweets. Labels Two As Misleading

Seriously? Twitter is infested with vile lies. So, it's just Trump that is telling lies? :auiqs.jpg:
And that makes it okay with you? The President of the United States of America behaving like this?

I would think Twitter trying to censor his thoughts and opinions would bother you more. It seems as if he is the only one that has to be fact-checked or censored. Nevermind the millions of other people on the platform telling lies and misleading people. Nope, not even the Hollywood elite are capable of telling lies, just Trump. Oh, and don't mind other politicians on Twitter misleading people. Just Trump.

Do I want my president acting that way? Of course not. That still doesn't excuse Twitter suddenly getting the urge to arbitrate the exchange of thoughts and opinions.
Twitter stepped into the shit and will probably have to change that policy. It won't work. It's wrong.

I just find it sad (and more importantly, a truly disturbing symptom) that a person who behaves like this is President.

They aren't changing it anytime soon.

Twitter tagged another one of his tweets he sent out overnight.

The tag was for violating their TOS policy of not promoting violence.

trump is very upset about it.

It looks to me that trump and his followers believe that free speech means you can say anything you want no matter what but anyone who doesn't agree with them or points out that they are violating the TOS rules of a private company doesn't have the right to free speech. Basically free speech is for anyone who says what trump and his followers want everyone to hear.

Trump forwarded a tweet that said "the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat".

This is how far the presidency has fallen.

Sweetie I just don't have the words to express how I feel about this.

All I can do is tell everyone it's not enough anymore for you to vote. You have to get everyone you know to vote. Get everyone you know to get everyone they know to vote and so on.

Have voting parties. If you don't vote mail in, then have a caravan of vehicles or people marching to the voting polls. After you vote, go party. Celebrate the fact that you contributed to the democratic process that so many before us gave their lives to make sure we can do.

Help people to vote. If someone needs a ride give them a ride. If someone needs their kids watched help them find someone to watch their kids. If someone needs to spend their whole Saturday standing in line, help them have a mask and all they need to stand in that line. Maybe a chair or food or beverage etc. Or if you see people having to stand in line to vote, offer them food or beverage.

I know that it's been said before but really, it's true. This coming election is one of the most important elections in our lifetimes.

If you're required to request a mail in ballot in your state, start the process to request it now.

Make sure you're still on the voting rolls in your state.

Tell everyone you know to do the same thing.

That is the only answer I have to what trump and his followers are doing and saying.

I may not like Biden but I'll take Biden any day over what we have now.
/-----/ "I may not like Biden but I'll take Biden any day over what we have now. "
You'll take whoever the DNC tells you to take, and it will be another corrupt career self-serving politician who will forget about you until the next election. You useful idiot.

Seriously? Twitter is infested with vile lies. So, it's just Trump that is telling lies? :auiqs.jpg:
And that makes it okay with you? The President of the United States of America behaving like this?

I would think Twitter trying to censor his thoughts and opinions would bother you more. It seems as if he is the only one that has to be fact-checked or censored. Nevermind the millions of other people on the platform telling lies and misleading people. Nope, not even the Hollywood elite are capable of telling lies, just Trump. Oh, and don't mind other politicians on Twitter misleading people. Just Trump.

Do I want my president acting that way? Of course not. That still doesn't excuse Twitter suddenly getting the urge to arbitrate the exchange of thoughts and opinions.
Twitter stepped into the shit and will probably have to change that policy. It won't work. It's wrong.

I just find it sad (and more importantly, a truly disturbing symptom) that a person who behaves like this is President.

It looks to me that trump and his followers believe that free speech means you can say anything you want no matter what but anyone who doesn't agree with them or points out that they are violating the TOS rules of a private company doesn't have the right to free speech. Basically free speech is for anyone who says what trump and his followers want everyone to hear.

All I can do is tell everyone it's not enough anymore for you to vote. You have to get everyone you know to vote. Get everyone you know to get everyone they know to vote and so on.

Have voting parties. If you don't vote mail in, then have a caravan of vehicles or people marching to the voting polls. After you vote, go party. Celebrate the fact that you contributed to the democratic process that so many before us gave their lives to make sure we can do.

Help people to vote. If someone needs a ride give them a ride. If someone needs their kids watched help them find someone to watch their kids. If someone needs to spend their whole Saturday standing in line, help them have a mask and all they need to stand in that line. Maybe a chair or food or beverage etc. Or if you see people having to stand in line to vote, offer them food or beverage.

I know that it's been said before but really, it's true. This coming election is one of the most important elections in our lifetimes.

If you're required to request a mail in ballot in your state, start the process to request it now.

That is the only answer I have to what trump and his followers are doing and saying.

/-----/ "I may not like Biden but I'll take Biden any day over what we have now. "
You'll take whoever the DNC tells you to take, and it will be another corrupt career self-serving politician who will forget about you until the next election. You useful idiot.
A corrupt self serving career politician would still be worlds better than what we currently have. Are you done with the other debate about the voting fraud? Do You have no counters to my arguments Besides the weak insults you tried to fling?

Hannity doesn't report "real news". He just opinionates on them. Just like Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingrams, and others. The same goes for all of the MSM. Nobody reports on"real news" anymore - not even your local news. It's just "copied" from other national news outlets. REAL journalism is DEAD. JMO

Whatever happened to freedom of speech?
Who do you think is restricting speech and how?

No one restrict nor did anyone change what Trump tweeted... What was done was a fact check which is not stopping Trump tweet but stating that his tweet may not be factual.

Now Trump could have countered with his own sources and made a serious debate about it but instead he went into another direction.

Private companies and websites can restrict the usage of their sites and Trump Executive Order is just him throwing a fit being told he just can not spew stuff without proof..
Your post is full of lies. Totally incorrect.
This is the point where you state what they are...
They can't restrict use if you are abiding by the TOS. That isn't what this is about at all.

Hannity doesn't report "real news". He just opinionates on them. Just like Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingrams, and others. The same goes for all of the MSM. Nobody reports on"real news" anymore - not even your local news. It's just "copied" from other national news outlets. REAL journalism is DEAD. JMO
I partially agree. There are still outlets with sourcing rules that care about reputation. The problem is they blur the lines. Take Fox for example. Fox and friends and their prime time shows are jokes. All opinion and gossip. But Wallace, Brett Biaer, Hemmer, cavuto, Dana, Martha all do a decent jobs giving a fair shake. But even with their shows they mix in a lot of opinion. That’s what sells. But there are also outlets like national enquirer, Alex Jones and the ILk that deal in pure fantasy. That’s fine but there should be something that distinguishes sources that actually uphold some standards of sourcing and integrity in their reporting.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech?
Who do you think is restricting speech and how?

No one restrict nor did anyone change what Trump tweeted... What was done was a fact check which is not stopping Trump tweet but stating that his tweet may not be factual.

Now Trump could have countered with his own sources and made a serious debate about it but instead he went into another direction.

Private companies and websites can restrict the usage of their sites and Trump Executive Order is just him throwing a fit being told he just can not spew stuff without proof..
Your post is full of lies. Totally incorrect.
This is the point where you state what they are...
They can't restrict use if you are abiding by the TOS. That isn't what this is about at all.
What do you mean they can’t? It’s a private business... what law are they breaking by putting a fact check on trumps tweets? What law would they be breaking if they decided to delete his account and ban him?

A corrupt self serving career politician would still be worlds better than what we currently have. Are you done with the other debate about the voting fraud? Do You have no counters to my arguments Besides the weak insults you tried to fling?
/——-/ So you admit you want a corrupt president. Why do hate America? BTW, voter fraud is real, and you can’t prove otherwise. Your denials are meaningless.

One of the worst parts of this is that, the forwarding of this tweet should be a national outrage.
Absolutely. He should immediately be thrown out of office.
/——/ Oh we got him him this time #6,784
4C954F47-6C38-4431-B70B-971E9F659CE2.jpeg

/——-/ So you admit you want a corrupt president. Why do hate America? BTW, voter fraud is real, and you can’t prove otherwise. Your denials are meaningless.
No I did not admit that. Are you having a hard time reading or are you intentionally trying to be difficult?

Voter fraud is real and it does happen, that’s true... but not in any kind of statistically significant way and not in a way that comes close to resembling how Trump presents it.

trump went off on a tirade against mail in voting again. This time on Twitter. He posted a bunch of lies.

Twitter labeled them as misleading. They should come out and say it's a lie because what he tweeted is a lie.

What was misleading about it? He’s 100% correct, ballot harvesting is exactly how Dems steal elections. And to be fair Republicans got caught doing it in 2018. It’s how Dems magically won Orange County by a 250,000 absentee ballots, with reports of individuals bringing in stacks of 100 ballots.

But, but, but, CNN told me it’s a “conspiracy theory”.
Repubs do the same thing yet it is not done on a unified national operation. It is usually individuals looking to won.

Voter fraud is real and it does happen, that’s true... but not in any kind of statistically significant way and not in a way that comes close to resembling how Trump presents it.
/----/ Thank you for your opinion. The good news is that you libtards have moved from "it never happens" to "it happens but not in any kind of statistically significant ways." A move in the right direction.

No I did not admit that. Are you having a hard time reading or are you intentionally trying to be difficult?
'----/ "A corrupt self-serving career politician would still be worlds better than what we currently have. " is admitting you would vote for one just to get Trump out of office.

I no longer have the patience you're demonstrating. These aren't serious people.

/----/ Thank you for your opinion. The good news is that you libtards have moved from "it never happens" to "it happens but not in any kind of statistically significant ways." A move in the right direction.
I haven’t moved my argument once. I said in my first response to you that cherry picked examples don’t demonstrate widespread fraud in a statistically relevant way. Not even close to how Trump describes it. Every process has inefficiencies and error. It’s fine to work to make them better. But it’s not fine to lie about them like what you all are doing here

'----/ "A corrupt self-serving career politician would still be worlds better than what we currently have. " is admitting you would vote for one just to get Trump out of office.
Trump is more corrupt and poisonous than any politician I’ve seen run against him. And the lesser of two evils argument does not mean I support or would even vote for a corrupt self serving career political. I didn’t vote for either candidate last election. You need to quit making these assumptions about me, your not very good at it

Forum List

Back