TV Sucks

Hobbit said:
... I stopped watching TV in favor of studying a few years ago, there was good stuff on. However, since I've gotten more time lately, I spend less and less of it watching TV, because it sucks. I'm not trying to be cool, but yes, TV sucks, ....
You’re right Hobbit, I experienced the same “awaking” in 1974 after an extended time away from TV.

rtwngAvngr said:
Tv did suck in '74.
Not like it does now, and I'm referring to broadcast TV. I agree there are some good things to see on cable. That in itself is interesting; my perspective of TV was formed before cable, unlike the younger folks here.

But, the bottom line is MOST of it is still a waste of time.

Mr. P said:
Not like it does now, and I'm referring to broadcast TV. I agree there are some good things to see on cable. That in itself is interesting; my perspective of TV was formed before cable, unlike the younger folks here.

But, the bottom line is MOST of it is still a waste of time.

"the kids these days". Why I remember when exit 74 used to be exit 42! or something like that.

rtwngAvngr said:
You talking to me? How do you know I don't read books? I do. You anti tv people are so self- righteous. :chains:

I'm not anti-tv... actually, up until a few weeks ago, I was spending lots of time in front of the tube, especially Law & Order. I'd get home from work late, cook some dinner or get take out, then watch L&O until 10 or so each night.

The trouble was I felt as if I wasn't really spending my time very well and I felt dissatisfied. So, starting with the New Year, I either listen to or read a book (and sometimes, lectures on CDs) when I get home. I feel better....

Now the question is, can I continue doing it?

movies suck...sex sucks(pun)...life sucks...romance sucks....shopping sucks...bills suck....doing the dishes sucks...cleaning the house sucks...work sucks...damn just about everything sucks!...Sure will glad when summer hits so I can get away take the boat out...do a little fishing and camping and forget about all the suckey things to do in winter! :mm:

KarlMarx said:
I'm not anti-tv... actually, up until a few weeks ago, I was spending lots of time in front of the tube, especially Law & Order. I'd get home from work late, cook some dinner or get take out, then watch L&O until 10 or so each night.

The trouble was I felt as if I wasn't really spending my time very well and I felt dissatisfied. So, starting with the New Year, I either listen to or read a book (and sometimes, lectures on CDs) when I get home. I feel better....

Now the question is, can I continue doing it?

So you're really trying to convince yourself?

To lighten the mood...and just because I never wanted to be a drinking straw so badly in my life...

leila20.jpg

Hobbit said:
Oh, I know there's some good TV out there, but everything good gets rerun over and over and over and over and over. I've seen most Law & Order and CSI episodes made. I've seen every M*A*S*H, and there are a few other things I like, like Mythbusters and adult swim, but it just seems like when I stopped watching TV in favor of studying a few years ago, there was good stuff on. However, since I've gotten more time lately, I spend less and less of it watching TV, because it sucks. I'm not trying to be cool, but yes, TV sucks, and Fox is the worst. Half the stuff that's come out within the past five years that I liked started on Fox, but got canceled within half a season because Fox didn't like it.

I would have to agree. We have more channels to choose from now than we have in the history of television, but probably less good TV to watch than there was 30 years ago. Even the crappy cable I have has 55 channels, and as far as regular viewing I watch FOX News and Cowboys games, and the Cowboys season is over. Yeah, there's the occasional episode of South Park, which I would watch more regularly given the opprotunity. Same with King of the Hill. I flip over to The History Channel now and then, but it's not like there's anything I watch regularly.

Firefly is probably the best show that has hit the air in the last several years, and the brilliant minds that run FOX couldn't figure out why it couldn't get an audience running against Survivor.

archangel said:
movies suck...sex sucks(pun)...life sucks...romance sucks....shopping sucks...bills suck....doing the dishes sucks...cleaning the house sucks...work sucks...damn just about everything sucks!...Sure will glad when summer hits so I can get away take the boat out...do a little fishing and camping and forget about all the suckey things to do in winter! :mm:
Buddha said

1. Winter sucks
2. The suck-i-ness of winter can be overcome
3. The suck-i-ness of winter can be overcome by meditation, or moving to a warmer climate

Forum List

Back