What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TV Debates

dblack

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm actually a little surprised so many people here take these things seriously. What gives?

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Political debates always piss me off. The candidate (doesn't matter what party they belong to) is asked a question. Instead of answering the question they were asked, they launch into a talking point, find something crummy to say about their opponent, say something about what a great job they would do, and they NEVER, EVER answer the question they were originally asked. It's the same in every debate, election year after election year. You can also count on about half of what you hear being an outright lie. Here again, it doesn't matter what political party you are talking about. They are all guilty of this. They are a waste of time.

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Reaction score
I'm actually a little surprised so many people here take these things seriously. What gives?

If I had to guess I'd say it's the team mentality.

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Reaction score
Political debates always piss me off. The candidate (doesn't matter what party they belong to) is asked a question. Instead of answering the question they were asked, they launch into a talking point, find something crummy to say about their opponent, say something about what a great job they would do, and they NEVER, EVER answer the question they were originally asked. It's the same in every debate, election year after election year. You can also count on about half of what you hear being an outright lie. Here again, it doesn't matter what political party you are talking about. They are all guilty of this. They are a waste of time.

That's because we don't have debates. We have joint press conferences.

OP
D

dblack

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Pretty much it. Tag-team, pro-wrestling.

It would be funnier if they wore masks and tights though.

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Reaction score

Pretty much it. Tag-team, pro-wrestling.

It would be funnier if they wore masks and tights though.

These "debates" aren't as real as pro-wrestling though, so that's not a fair comparison.

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Reaction score

Usually they don't mean much. Every once in a while they do. Last weeks was one of them. It didn't just give Romney a Bump that quickly Faded it changed the Direction of the Polls.

Last edited:
OP
D

dblack

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Usually they don't mean much. Every once in a while they do. Last weeks was one of them. It didn't just give Romney a Bump Faded it changed the Direction of the Polls.

But why? I'm not contesting that they can make a difference. But they are utterly without substance. Everything I've read on the debates was preoccupied with dimwitted appraisals of the tone and style of the candidates. Fuck that. And fuck all the idiots who decide a presidential election on superficial bullshit.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$142.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List