Turns out Trump has a history with vote rigging victimhood

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
A People magazine article from 2017 pointed out how our former President felt he had been victimized by vote rigging, and reported behaviors back to 2004 that would carry through his presidency.

What we have witnessed over the last five years is not new, obviously. This has been a long-time pattern. And now it's ripping up the country.

During Thursday’s presidential debate, the GOP nominee’s opponent Hillary Clinton noted the number of times Trump claimed something has been “rigged” against him. “He claims the court systems and the federal judge is rigged,” she said.

“There was even a time when he didn’t get an Emmy for his TV program three years in a row and he started tweeting that the Emmys were rigged against him,” Clinton continued, before Trump, 70, interrupted her to say, “Should have gotten it.”

Dating back to 2004 when his NBC competition lost the best reality competition series to CBS’ The Amazing Race, Trump has had negative remarks about the Emmys. Eight years later, he angrily tweeted about losing to the same competitor: “‘Amazing Race’ winning an Emmy again is a total joke. The Emmys have no credibility–no wonder the ratings are at record lows.”

Overall, Trump has called the Emmys a “terrible show,” “dishonest,” “a total joke” and “the absolute worst” among others.

“I got screwed out of an Emmy,” Trump said in an episode of Celebrity Apprentice that aired on Jan. 19, 2015 via The Hollywood Reporter. “Everybody thought I was going to win it. In fact, when they announced the winner, I stood up before the winner was announced. And I started walking for the Emmy. And then they announced the most boring show on television, [CBS’] The Amazing Race. Piece of crap.”

A People magazine article from 2017 pointed out how our former President felt he had been victimized by vote rigging, and reported behaviors back to 2004 that would carry through his presidency.

What we have witnessed over the last five years is not new, obviously. This has been a long-time pattern. And now it's ripping up the country.

During Thursday’s presidential debate, the GOP nominee’s opponent Hillary Clinton noted the number of times Trump claimed something has been “rigged” against him. “He claims the court systems and the federal judge is rigged,” she said.

“There was even a time when he didn’t get an Emmy for his TV program three years in a row and he started tweeting that the Emmys were rigged against him,” Clinton continued, before Trump, 70, interrupted her to say, “Should have gotten it.”

Dating back to 2004 when his NBC competition lost the best reality competition series to CBS’ The Amazing Race, Trump has had negative remarks about the Emmys. Eight years later, he angrily tweeted about losing to the same competitor: “‘Amazing Race’ winning an Emmy again is a total joke. The Emmys have no credibility–no wonder the ratings are at record lows.”

Overall, Trump has called the Emmys a “terrible show,” “dishonest,” “a total joke” and “the absolute worst” among others.

“I got screwed out of an Emmy,” Trump said in an episode of Celebrity Apprentice that aired on Jan. 19, 2015 via The Hollywood Reporter. “Everybody thought I was going to win it. In fact, when they announced the winner, I stood up before the winner was announced. And I started walking for the Emmy. And then they announced the most boring show on television, [CBS’] The Amazing Race. Piece of crap.”

Trump has been whining that the system is rigged against him for over 40 years.

Trump never encountered a system he didn't try to rig. If the Emmys were that important to him (LOL) it is certain he attempted to rig them too.

Trump never encountered a system he didn't try to rig. If the Emmys were that important to him (LOL) it is certain he attempted to rig them too.
I have to admit, I was a little surprised by this. I never paid attention to him much in the past, though he did seem silly and childish. He has been a very small man for a very long time.

Obviously, I shouldn't have been surprised.

Thank God!

I was worried about you little buddy. It had been a few days without a hate Trump thread started by you.

Glad to see you are doing OK.

Trump has been engaged in the same schtick for 50 years. If he does not win, it is because the system is rigged against him. It is amazing that there are so many fools that buy into it.

The freaking country is falling apart but lefties find ten year old quotes from the former president before he was president. No surprises here.

Forum List

Back