Turkish troops enter Iraq

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
Well, this is not good news. I can see no way that this turns out well for anybody involved, especially the Kurds. If history tells us anything it's that the Turks are very good at genocide. On the other hand, they do have a right to defend their territory.

And the shit storm goes on...

Turkish Officials: Troops Enter Iraq
Jun 6 11:25 AM US/Eastern
By SELCAN HACAOGLU
Associated Press Writer

ANKARA, Turkey (AP) - Several thousand Turkish troops crossed into northern Iraq early Wednesday to chase Kurdish guerrillas who operate from bases there, Turkish security officials told The Associated Press.
Two senior security officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media, said the raid was limited in scope and that it did not constitute the kind of large incursion that Turkish leaders have been discussing in recent weeks.

"It is not a major offensive and the number of troops is not in the tens of thousands," one of the officials told the AP by telephone. The official is based in southeast Turkey, where the military has been battling separatist Kurdish rebels since they took up arms in 1984.

The officials did not say where the Turkish force was operating in northern Iraq, nor did he say how long they would be there.

The officials said any confrontation with Iraqi Kurdish groups, who have warned against a Turkish incursion, could trigger a larger cross- border operation. The Turkish military has asked the government in Ankara to approve such an incursion, but the government has not given formal approval.

An official at military headquarters in Ankara declined to confirm or deny the report that Turkish troops had entered Iraq.

more...

Just one of the many Bad results of the Iraq war which we tried to tell you would happen.

The Turks have been going in and out of northern Iraq for decades. They have hated the Kurds for centuries. If they could do to the Kurds what they did to the Armenians, they wouldn't blink an eye.

LOL, now Turkey invading Iraq is Bush's fault too? I bet Bush killed Santa to, didn't he?

shouldnt you be busy adding the kurds to your TERROR WATCH list?

praytell, why don't we see bush making any statements about KURDISH guerillas?

not palestinian enough?

Just one of the many Bad results of the Iraq war which we tried to tell you would happen.

Actually if Gore or kerry was in office if it wasn't Iraq it would have been something else. Iraq was gonna happen it was a matter of time, not to mention at the time 11 years of UN sanctions that didn't work. Something was gonna give. We know the democrats had lost 2 wars (Korea and Vietnam) and seeing that it is understandable the resistance in going over there. But if turkey goes into N/Iraq Iraq has to deal with that not us. Because that could have happened with Saddam in power.

Actually if Gore or kerry was in office if it wasn't Iraq it would have been something else. Iraq was gonna happen it was a matter of time, not to mention at the time 11 years of UN sanctions that didn't work. Something was gonna give. We know the democrats had lost 2 wars (Korea and Vietnam) and seeing that it is understandable the resistance in going over there. But if turkey goes into N/Iraq Iraq has to deal with that not us. Because that could have happened with Saddam in power.

BULLSHIT! you cant make up stories about what they would have done on pure hate for the Dem party.

The ME was terrified of Sadam.

That is why they left his ass alone.

BTW, the inspectors told Bush the sanctions were working.

You are not allowed to change history for political reasons.

BULLSHIT! you cant make up stories about what they would have done on pure hate for the Dem party.

Hold on: you democrats need to wake the fuck up and really look around, pinch yourself or something. No matter what party is in the house we would have been involved in something. You need to visit someone who works in the CIA and get some of that all faulty intel you all scream about. Really on the up and up go find someone who works in the intel world and see what is really going on in the world. Lest we forget about Somalia for example that was a pure blood bath and I was over there during that mess.

BTW, the inspectors told Bush the sanctions were working.

You are not allowed to change history for political reasons.

no one is changing nothing I been around enough to know we always have to be involved in something. If you ever served your country you'd realize that. In the cold war we launched multible attack against Cam Rohn Bay just to see if we could get away with it. Did you ever hear anyhing in the news about it? No it didn't happen. Intel works and it happens everyday things go down and we the people have no clue about.

Hold on: you democrats need to wake the fuck up and really look around, pinch yourself or something. No matter what party is in the house we would have been involved in something. You need to visit someone who works in the CIA and get some of that all faulty intel you all scream about. Really on the up and up go find someone who works in the intel world and see what is really going on in the world. Lest we forget about Somalia for example that was a pure blood bath and I was over there during that mess.

I thank you for your service but who put us in Somalia?

Operation Provide Relief began in August 1992, when the Bush White House announced that U.S. military transports would support the multinational UN relief effort in Somalia.

Nice response. The guy makes a considered statement, instead of stating why you disagree, you become hysterical and paranoid. BTW, under a Kerry Admin, were we to expect another eight years of no-fly-zoning and oil for palaces trading?

Forum List

Back