Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan formally re-converted Istanbul’s sixth-century iconic Hagia Sophia into a mosque, hours after a high court annu

Unkotare
Why needs Turkey a ministery for the Islam and against all other religions to fight with 100,000 officials of the Turkish state against the last 100,000 private Christians, who still live in Turkey?
Why words the English put you the way two gether on badly to for making the sentence of language?

Why words the English put you the way two gether on badly to for making the sentence of language?

Why do you have no answers but you know Erdogan is right and "Greeks" are wrong? Are you on your own an Islamist - or a member of a similar ideology?

When your doctors find the right dosage for your meds we can talk.

Sometimes I asks myselve who's a greater problem in and for the world. Criminals, idiots or criminal idiots. Do you waste everyones time about problems, because you don't have any orientation or position? Are you a passenger of the Flying Dutchman?

A lot of people believes, that Sancta Sophia should become a Christian Temple again.

What for heavens sake is a Christian temple? The Hagia Sofia was once the mother church of the whole Christendom. What the tyrant Erdogan is doing now is like to rape a grandmother, who is retired.

Last edited:
What for heavens sake is a Christian temple?

------------
A temple (from the Latin word templum) is a building reserved for religious or spiritual rituals and activities such as prayer and sacrifice.
----------
The word temple is used frequently in the tradition of Eastern Christianity; particularly the Eastern Orthodox Church, where the principal words used for houses of worship are temple and church. The use of the word temple comes from the need to distinguish a building of the church vs. the church seen as the Body of Christ. In the Russian language (similar to other Slavic languages), while the general-purpose word for "church" is tserkov, the term khram (Храм), "temple", is used to refer to the church building as a temple of God (Khram Bozhy). The words "church" and "temple", in this case are interchangeable; however, the term "church" (Ancient Greek: ἐκκλησία) is far more common. The term temple (Ancient Greek: ναός) is also commonly applied to larger churches. Some famous churches which are referred to as temples include the Hagia Sophia, Saint Basil's Cathedral, the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour and the Temple of Saint Sava in Belgrade, Serbia.
-------------------

And nonetheless, it won't change Erdogan's policy and the policy of other countries toward him and Turkey.

And believe me, Turkey will again be one of the major tourist destinations for Russians.
Putin's spokesman Peskov claimed that Russian state disagrees with Russian Orthodox church about the St Sofia's matter.

'We have an official stance, the state's one, according to which this matter is an inner matter of Turkey'.

'We got guarantees that all will be saved in the best way [in St Sofia]. And it will be opened for visitors. Russian tourists can even win because of that, because quite expensive tickets will be abolished'.

Putin's spokesman Peskov claimed that Russian state disagrees with Russian Orthodox church about the St Sofia's matter.

'We have an official stance, the state's one, according to which this matter is an inner matter of Turkey'.
Everything that was said before "but" is BS, you know.
"It is an inner matter of Turkey, but as Orthodoxal Christians we respect position of our Patriarch". I think, it is not that Russia ready to declare XIII Russian-Turkish war right now, but position "crosses over St. Sophia" was added to their "wish list" (somewhere between retaking St. Sophia Cathedral in Kiev and retaking Alaska).

------------
A temple (from the Latin word templum) is a building reserved for religious or spiritual rituals and activities such as prayer and sacrifice.
----------
The word temple is used frequently in the tradition of Eastern Christianity; particularly the Eastern Orthodox Church, where the principal words used for houses of worship are temple and church. The use of the word temple comes from the need to distinguish a building of the church vs. the church seen as the Body of Christ. In the Russian language (similar to other Slavic languages), while the general-purpose word for "church" is tserkov, the term khram (Храм), "temple", is used to refer to the church building as a temple of God (Khram Bozhy). The words "church" and "temple", in this case are interchangeable; however, the term "church" (Ancient Greek: ἐκκλησία) is far more common. The term temple (Ancient Greek: ναός) is also commonly applied to larger churches. Some famous churches which are referred to as temples include the Hagia Sophia, Saint Basil's Cathedral, the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour and the Temple of Saint Sava in Belgrade, Serbia.
-------------------

Aha.

"It is an inner matter of Turkey, but as Orthodoxal Christians we respect position of our Patriarch". I think, it is not that Russia ready to declare XIII Russian-Turkish war right now, but position "crosses over St. Sophia" was added to their "wish list" (somewhere between retaking St. Sophia Cathedral in Kiev and retaking Alaska).
I think that BS is written after 'but'.

Edward Rydz-Śmigły in 1939 also thought that the words "we are acting as if peace treaty is still active, and hope to solve all problems by the peaceful way" mean "we will not attack Poland" not "you are going to loose the last chance to avoid war". He was wrong.

Edward Rydz-Śmigły in 1939 also thought that the words "we are acting as if peace treaty is still active, and hope to solve all problems by the peaceful way" mean "we will not attack Poland" not "you are going to loose the last chance to avoid war". He was wrong.
Dude, your claim that Russia is able to capture St Sophia and Alaska sounds quite ridiculous, really.

Forum List

Back