Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan formally re-converted Istanbul’s sixth-century iconic Hagia Sophia into a mosque, hours after a high court annu

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
as i predicted , I am 120% sure that it will 0 reaction from "Orthodox" czar vovka Pugabe )) LOL Pugabe will swallow as usual

1594396849399.png

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan formally re-converted Istanbul’s sixth-century iconic Hagia Sophia into a mosque, hours after a high court annulled a 1934 decision that had turned it into a museum

...are doomed to repeat it.

Making the same mistake the Ottoman Empire did in reaction to Europe emerging from the Middle Ages. The same mistake too many in China made as the British started barging in (as they always did) and making a mess of things. When you turn inward instead of racing to catch up, it works out badly in the long run. Ataturk would bitch slap the shit out of Erdogan.

When I visted Hagia Sophia in the late1960s, it was a mosque. And yes, I took my shoes off, same thing as the Buddist temples in my neighborhood.

Last edited:
When I visted Hagia Sophia in the late1960s, it was a mosque. And yes, I took my shoes off, same thing as the Buddist temples in my neighborhood.
You are an ignoramus, as if we didn't know. Agia Sophia was turned into a museum in 1935 under Kemal Ataturk.

What's the point of proving you're a dingbat?!

His party does have a religious base, although it's not as bad as ISIS or Saudi Arabia.

Now if he wasn't such a dictator...

To be clear, Erdogan, as Putin's friend never tried to convert Al Sophia into mosque, until Bartholomew I, leader of so-called "Patriarchate of Constantinople" choose as his protector Joe Biden and "has fallen into the heresy of Papism" and created another schismatic church in Ukraine. That's why it is a spit in Biden's face, not Putin's.

To be clear, Erdogan, as Putin's friend never tried to convert Al Sophia into mosque, until Bartholomew I, leader of so-called "Patriarchate of Constantinople" choose as his protector Joe Biden and "has fallen into the heresy of Papism" and created another schismatic church in Ukraine. That's why it is a spit in Biden's face, not Putin's.
Erdogan's policy has been something like 'Make Turkey great again' as he sees it since him getting the power. St Sophia is just another step in his policy.

Erdogan's policy has been something like 'Make Turkey great again' as he sees it since him getting the power. St Sophia is just another step in his policy.
But as a clever politian he can find a right moment to make this step.

In this case 'a right moment' would be every moment he chose. Because this move will hardly have great significance in the world politics.

In this case 'a right moment' would be every moment he chose. Because this move will hardly have great significance in the world politics.

oh yeah??????????????????

oh yeah??????????????????
What did you want to say by this highly meaningful post?

you are 100% right. world is busy with Puagbe´s coup

you are 100% right. world is busy with Puagbe´s coup
Dude, no one gives a shit.

Forum List

Back