Turkey warns of ‘wound’ to relations after Biden recognizes Armenian genocide

If under current Armenian genocide you mean the Karabakh war and the last developments there, then I think that was inevitable. Nagorno-Karabakh as a sovereign state isnt recognized by anyone, including Armenia.

I mean that Biden alienating Turkey is done with a strategic purpose in mind. America and all of it's presidents have supported some of the greatest evil the world has ever witnessed and so would have little interest in the Armenian genocide. If you have any idea then you have an ear.
What do you mean saying about some of the greatest evil? Turkey? If yes, then supporting it had a pragmatic point. Having a strong ally on the Soviets' south-western flanc, which controlled passage to the Black sea, was considered as a vital need.

The US should accept that Turkey is and will be playing it's own role in the region. Not always it will be in Anerican interests. The US will have to adapt to this and rethink their policy about Turkey, NATO and the Middle East.
Gee! That hints at some intelligence, but it doesn't hint at any answer on what Biden is trying to do.

Or more correctly, what Biden's handlers are trying to do?
It is a complex question. Is trying to do, can do or should do? These are three questions that can have three different answers.

I think that the US should try to establish something like East Mediterranean 'NATO'. Needles to say that Turkey wont be included in it. On the contrary, its goal among others will be confronting Turkey.

The oil is running out in strategic quantities, soon the ME region is back to fighting over water holes and stealing each others' sheep and goats. Turkey's only strategic importance is also greatly diminished since the fall of the Soviet Union, at least to the U.S.; it's still a big deal to Europe, but Europe is busy speeding up its own decline as well, no point in us continuing to finance their defense when they don't want to themselves. With no global hegemon to keep all the assorted vermin and gangsters in check, re-alignments are inevitable, and usually that means lots of murders and wars.

A 'NATO' in the eastern Med is what we already had with Israel. Biden and the Democrats are Iranian allies, openly so. hence the Israeli moves in other directions. Israel has itself refused to acknowledge the genocide, same as Palestinian Jews made apologies for and supported Turkey back when they committed the massacres, and not a good sign for the future. They will regret their support for the current genocide of Armenians they're making a buck providing weapons for, for very fleeting short term gains.
Well, it may well be that after decline of oil industry the most of ME countries will see significant economic and social decline. Maybe some form of disintegration. Does it mean that global powers will lose their interest in it because of that? Not sure, seeing an example of Afghanistan. The Suez canal is also there.

About Israel. They will be seeking alliances there no matter what the US policy will be. And something tells me it is better to have Israel on your side.

If under current Armenian genocide you mean the Karabakh war and the last developments there, then I think that was inevitable. Nagorno-Karabakh as a sovereign state isnt recognized by anyone, including Armenia.

Afghanistan has a lot of mineral wealth, somewhat difficult to get to and the transportation network sucks, but it is reportedly immense, but would require a stable government to exploit, given the logistics. It will be fought over for the next hundred years.

The Suez Canal is the only long term strategic asset in the ME, so a stable Egypt is necessity. The current dictator badly wants to widen it, but is having trouble finding outside banks and companies willing to risk that much money on it. I'm not opposed to Israel finding allies, but they don't have to join their New Best Friends Forever in their endless blood feuds, and Biden and the Democrats aren't going to be in power forever. It's not like they're going to relive the Glory Days when Jewish troops marched with the Muslims hordes conquering Africa and India, and getting rich off of administering their cities and plundering countries.

I mean that Biden alienating Turkey is done with a strategic purpose in mind. America and all of it's presidents have supported some of the greatest evil the world has ever witnessed and so would have little interest in the Armenian genocide. If you have any idea then you have an ear.

Yes, it's because Iran is Shia and Turkey is Sunni. The Democrats got the biggest bribes from Iran, also a Red Chinese ally, so they're against Turkey now. It isn't rocket science to figure out what a professional extortionist like Biden and his cronies will do about a given situation. Turkey made noises about allying with Russia, who is currently threatening to take the Ukraine and take away a lot of China Joe's income.

Turkey is the Sick Man of Europe and the Near East.

Turkey needs the US far more than the US needs Turkey.

No, you're wrong and here's why. The US desperately needs Turkey in Nato because they represent a split from US power that is granted to the US by Nato. Nato is a tool of US aggression and that's the reason why US threats to leave Nato are laughable.

Turkey can and will turn toward Russia if it's in their best interests and they already have chosen to buy Russia's defensive missile systems.

Are Russia's more effective or is there some other reason?

Does Turkey controll all significant water-ressources of Mid-East? Yes
Is Turkish Army in Iraq? Yes
Is Turkish Army in Syria? Yes
Is Turkish Army in Libya? Yes
Does Turkey need USA to be present and shape outcomes of developments in those theaters? No

USA engaged in hostile actions all over the pace in Mid-East having spent trillions of $.
Result ? Russian, Iranian, Turkish influence rampant all over the place with the USA degraded to a bodyguard of tiny Oil infrastructure in North-East Syria.

I don't know whether immigration is the reason but present-day Americans are surely not those of the kind that sent Men to the Moon and other nations envy in awe.
More and more we watch developments in China with awe.

Turkey gets to do all that because US says OK, but if I say No then it is NO.

The US should accept that Turkey is and will be playing it's own role in the region. Not always it will be in Anerican interests. The US will have to adapt to this and rethink their policy about Turkey, NATO and the Middle East.
Turkey's problem is it has no allies but a lot of enemies.

America does not care if Turkey takes care of its internal policies, like lying about Armenian genocide.

Anything beyond its borders will be done only if American interest decides so.

America does not care if Turkey takes care of its internal policies, like lying about Armenian genocide.
Anything beyond its borders will be done only if American interest decides so.

No Taliban attacking Turkish soldiers in Afghanistan, no US G.I. attacking Turkish Army because Turkish Army moveed into their former barracks in either Syria or Iraq.
The only government which significantly resisted Turkish Army operations abroad was the Chinese government in Korean war.
Once Turkish Government or Turkish Parliament approves deploying Turkish Army abroad everyone takes a step back and watches, inluding USA.
Why? Because Turkish Army is a meat-grinder, independent of US logistics.

None of which changes that inside its borders Turkey can lie about its Armenian genocide and changes nothing that Turkey can do nothing outside of its borders if the US says no.

None of which changes that inside its borders Turkey can lie about its Armenian genocide and changes nothing that Turkey can do nothing outside of its borders if the US says no.

Turkish Army went into Iraq, Syria where US Army operates without giving a fuck what the USA has to say about it.
US Army simply "redeployed" further south avoiding complications.
It's not as if Turkish Army has to rely on US bases in N.America to deploy there, know your place.
Turkey can deploy to Libya, Afghanistan, Karabakh etc. as well without relying on any kind of US help.

Forum List

Back