Turkey is hell bent on provoking war in ME

My neighbor just got back from Turkey. She is Turkish and was visiting family, while she was there, she helped her parents get out to Sweden.

Turkey is in a world of hurt. Kurdish militants are going through towns killing anyone they can find and Syria is shelling border villages DAILY. What we hear about what's going on over there, isn't even close to what's happening. Syria sees reinforcements for the rebels going into Syria from Turkey and are bombing villages to stop it. Turkey is in a two pronged war. They won't surrender. They could take steps to stop the border crossings themselves, but see Assad on the ropes and want a friendly neighbor when he goes.

My neighbor just got back from Turkey. She is Turkish and was visiting family, while she was there, she helped her parents get out to Sweden.

Turkey is in a world of hurt. Kurdish militants are going through towns killing anyone they can find and Syria is shelling border villages DAILY. What we hear about what's going on over there, isn't even close to what's happening. Syria sees reinforcements for the rebels going into Syria from Turkey and are bombing villages to stop it. Turkey is in a two pronged war. They won't surrender. They could take steps to stop the border crossings themselves, but see Assad on the ropes and want a friendly neighbor when he goes.

This sounds about right..but it's not the whole picture.

The invasion of Iraq opened up a whole new front for Turkey.

• Banned
Nah...to damn cold to go out.Now people need to grow up and stop acting like immature children cough elvis cough...

This sounds about right..but it's not the whole picture.

The invasion of Iraq opened up a whole new front for Turkey.

Saddam Hussein made gassing Kurds a national sport. He did it like some men go skeet shooting. Turkey's difficulties with the Kurds go back generations, like Iraq's difficulties with Kurds. But, what Turkey now has comes from the ill advised arab spring that put the middle east in flames.

Turkey used to be an ally of the US until the left wing democrat congressional majority in 2007 decided to condemn Turkey for something that happened in WW1. The House Foreign Relations Committee chaired by a left wing democrat who didn't know her ass from a hole in the ground decided to throw away US relations with Turkey during a time in the Mid East when we needed every ally we could get. Why did they do it? It was a time for democrats to screw the US any way they could.

Turks playin' both ends against the middle...
:mad:
Turkey Continues Trading Gold for Iranian Natural Gas
November 29, 2012 — Turkey late least week acknowledged that a surge in its gold exports this year is related to payments for imports of Iranian natural gas, shedding light on Ankara's role in breaching U.S.-led sanctions against Tehran.
In response, U.S. senators said they will seek to close this loophole. But a Turkish trade minister has warned Turkey will not respect any new U.S. measures. Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Ali Babacan admitted Turkey was paying for its gas imports with gold. While Washington has warned it is considering new measures to prevent such payments, Turkey's economy minister Zafer Çaglayan this week dismissed the threat. "The U.S. sanctions stand for the U.S.," Çaglayan said. "We have multilateral international agreements. These deals we are a party to and are binding for us. But measures taken by the EU are also not binding since we are not a member," he said.

Iran is Turkey's second largest supplier of gas after Russia, with more than 90 percent of Iran's gas exports going to Turkey. Iran provides 18 percent of Turkey's natural gas and 51 percent of its oil. But since U.S. and European Union sanctions ban Tehran from receiving payments in dollars or euros, Ankara pays Iran for the gas in Turkish liras. The lira is of limited value for buying goods on international markets but ideal for purchasing Turkish gold. The government has not specified how it pays for Iranian oil.

Iranian analyst Jamshid Assadi, of France's Burgundy Business School, says the arrangement works for both countries. "Iran has difficulties to get paid, because the financial and banking transactions are so big they cannot do that. Oil and gas and sometimes the electricity they sell to Turkey, in return they get gold. This is a big source of income for Turkey and this is a solution for the trouble in Iran," he said. Since the start of the year, Turkish exports of gold to Iran have rocketed. According to official Turkish trade data, nearly $2 billion in gold was sent to Dubai in August on behalf of Iranian buyers.

But chief economist for Finansbank Inan Demir says that amount is not surprising. "I think everyone knows that if you are allowed to purchase some oil from Iran, then you are going to have to pay as well, and that payment method seems to be gold. But I am sure Turkey is not the only country where these operations are being carried out. If I am not mistaken, India is carrying out transactions," he said. Analysts say despite growing international sanctions against Tehran, Ankara is reluctant to cut off its Iranian energy imports completely, as that would make it totally dependent on Moscow for its gas supplies.

MORE

Turkey has been moving away from its claim of being a secular country and inching closer to fundamentalism islam. It isn't provoking anything, merely refusing to accept US based sanctions. It's not like the US means anything any more. No one need pay us any attention. We're the mouse that keeps on roaring long after it has ceased to matter.

i hope turkey doesn't declare war on maine, cause i live there sometimes and it's a nice place. but at least we'll see them coming. if by sea.

Turkey is a terrorist state! I'm trying to make you guys see the truth. Don't believe in the lies of turks, and don't ever believe Turkey is democratic. Is there anything democratic about forcing 23 million people to stay a part of the country? Is there anything democratic about jailing people for waving a mixture of red, green and yellow colors? Is there anything democratic about killing people, because they are peacefully protesting?

Forum List

Back