Turkey is attacking the Kurds, who were risking their lives for the US just last week..

Trump the draft Dodger has no respect for the lives lost and the act of a consistent ally.
Thousands of Kurds lost their lives while fighting by US forces in the fight against ISIS.. And this how Trump rewards them.
Trump the draft dodger has the blood of the Kurds on his hands.
Trump: ‘I will totally destroy the economy’
Well at least the USA is consistent from the days of Obama and before in how we royally lie to and screw the Kurds. They are our new American Indians.

COMMITTEE ON ARMED SERVICES

UNITED STATES SENATE

Senator Graham: Secretary Carter, have you ever heard of the PYD?

Secretary Carter: I have, yes.

Senator Graham: Who are they?

Secretary Carter: They're a Kurdish group, one of several a number of...

Senator Graham: Have you heard of the YPG

Secretary Carter: I have heard of them, also.

Senator Graham: Who are they?

Secretary Carter: Another Kurdish group.

Senator Graham: Aren't they the military wing of the PYD?

Secretary Carter: They are, yes.

Senator Graham: Is that right, General Dunford?

General Dunford: That is correct.

Senator Graham: They're a leftist Syrian Kurdish political party founded in 2003. Reports indicate that they are aligned or at least have substantial ties to the PKK. Is that true?

Senator Graham: Is the PKK a terrorist organization, in the eyes of the Turkish government?

Secretary Carter: The PKK is a terrorist organization, not only in the eyes of the Turkish government, but in the eyes of the U.S. Government, as well, Senator.

Senator Graham: Is it a -- surprising to you that the Turks may be upset with us by arming the YPG in Syria, since they're so closely aligned with the PKK, a terrorist organization?

Secretary Carter: No, it's not at all, Senator.

Senator Graham: So, Turkey is okay with this?

Secretary Carter: They're not okay with that, but --

Senator Graham: I just got back from Turkey. They're not okay with this. They think this is the dumbest idea in the world. And I agree with them.

Senator Graham: How many of the Syrian Democratic Forces, or whatever we're talking about, are Kurds versus Arabs, General Dunford?

General Dunford: There's about 6,000 Arabs, Senator.

Senator Graham: Well, what percentage of the force is that?

General Dunford: That's about 20 percent.

Senator Graham: Okay. So, if you're wondering why Turkey's a little upset, we're arming people inside of Syria aligned with a terrorist group that's fighting the Turkish government. Turkey could do more, but I think this whole concept is, quite frankly, absurd.

JoeB131, nobody fought for "our cause" whatever the fuck that means.

.....Trump is doing exactly what should be done--we have no business there--just like in Vietnam where we lost not only BILLIONS $$$ but 50,000 American lives

.....Trump is doing exactly what should be done--we have no business there--just like in Vietnam where we lost not only BILLIONS $$$ but 50,000 American lives

Well, in Vietnam, no one was really that keen on fighting for the government we were trying to prop up.

Syria, yes, the Kurds are willing to fight against ISIS (remember them?) to secure their own homeland. They are currently holding 12,000 ISIS fighters that we don't have to fight now.

Well, in Vietnam, no one was really that keen on fighting for the government we were trying to prop up.

Syria, yes, the Kurds are willing to fight against ISIS (remember them?) to secure their own homeland. They are currently holding 12,000 ISIS fighters that we don't have to fight now.
you are not understanding the point--we have no business there
...there are MANY forces that want to fight their governments---hahahahahha
...I guess we should help all of them?? even the bad guys!!!???

I understand the point just fine.

We are not going to pull out of the Middle East. We have too much of a vested interest there.

What we are doing is telling the next bunch that might want to side with us, "Hey, you can side with us, but we'll turn on you on a moment's notice for no good reason."

I understand the point just fine.

We are not going to pull out of the Middle East. We have too much of a vested interest there.

What we are doing is telling the next bunch that might want to side with us, "Hey, you can side with us, but we'll turn on you on a moment's notice for no good reason."
the problem is you people don't know any history/military history
...we gain nothing by staying there.....the Kurds are fine
not much will change by us being there or not

yes it's always us and it's always our money and our blood , because we have the " knowledge " on how to handle these matters . So it never ends until we smarten up and say it's up to you now ! Than the whole mess is our fault .

Turkey is not going to take over or smash anything
learn some history
----it's like Beirut/etc --we were accomplishing NOTHING
..also like using force in Somalia-accomplished nothing politically/etc
..also Vietnam
etc

the problem is you people don't know any history/military history
...we gain nothing by staying there.....the Kurds are fine
not much will change by us being there or not

Yeah, clearly I don't know anything about the military or history. Except I was in the Army for 11 years and I have a degree in History from UIC.

Ergodan - an Islamist who has steered Turkey away from it's secularist grounding - would not be invading Kurdish Syria if we told him not to.

Forum List

Back