Turkey Bans Syrians From Spending Adha Eid at Home

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Turkey on Sunday said it would ban Syrian refugees living in Turkey from visiting their families back home during Eid al-Adha, similar to the restrictions imposed on their visits to Syria during Eid al-Fitr holiday last April, said Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu.

Each year, thousands of Syrian refugees cross the border into Syria to celebrate the holidays and then return to Turkey.

“This is currently not acceptable. Those wishing to return to Syria will receive a one-way transit permit,” Soylo said at a press conference Saturday in Ankara.

The Adha festival is set for mid-July this year.

I have to agree with that. If it's safe enough for you to go home to party, then it is safe enough to return home.

Turkey on Sunday said it would ban Syrian refugees living in Turkey from visiting their families back home during Eid al-Adha, similar to the restrictions imposed on their visits to Syria during Eid al-Fitr holiday last April, said Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu.

Each year, thousands of Syrian refugees cross the border into Syria to celebrate the holidays and then return to Turkey.

“This is currently not acceptable. Those wishing to return to Syria will receive a one-way transit permit,” Soylo said at a press conference Saturday in Ankara.

The Adha festival is set for mid-July this year.

I have to agree with that. If it's safe enough for you to go home to party, then it is safe enough to return home.
My thinking as well. What exactly are they "refugees" from if they can travel back & forth without fear?
Sounds more like they want to be seen as seeking refuge while being treated as legal immigrants.
Go home Syrians

Forum List

Back