Tucker: You're being instructed not to notice this

Lowered taxes.
Got rid of some of government regulation.
Got us energy independent.
Got rid of the mandate on Obama care.
Just a few off the top of my head.
Almost none of that actually is “the economy”.

All but one is.
I don’t think Trump did anything to make us energy independent. That’s as close as you got. US energy production had been ballooning prior to his taking office. There wasn’t a turn around. It was a continuation of a tend.

That’s as close as you got.

Taxes are not the economy. Obamacare mandates aren’t the economy. Regulations aren’t the economy. They can all affect the economy. The question is did they? (And at what cost, we were running a trillion dollar deficit after all)

Tucker: You're being instructed not to notice this​

'Tucker Carlson Tonight' host describes how the country's quality of life in on the decline.

The Left does not want you to see what you see with your very own eyes, and some leftists are complying, willingly blinding themselves to the truth.

I don't watch rich cock Asians try to instill fears about 'quality of life' for middle class partisan rubes. His quality of life is assured, making him a gigantic hypocrite. Why do you watch this shit?

I don’t think Trump did anything to make us energy independent. That’s as close as you got. US energy production had been ballooning prior to his taking office. There wasn’t a turn around. It was a continuation of a tend.

Taxes are not the economy. Obamacare mandates aren’t the economy. Regulations aren’t the economy. They can all affect the economy. The question is did they? (And at what cost, we were running a trillion dollar deficit after all)
When you let people keep more of their money to spend on things. Yes that's about the economy. Regulations against companies effects their bottom dollar and yes that will also effect the economy. You probably think the government should take what we got and give us what they think we deserve.

When you let people keep more of their money to spend on things. Yes that's about the economy. Regulations against companies effects their bottom dollar and yes that will also effect the economy. You probably think the government should take what we got and give us what they think we deserve.
Like I said, those things are totally capable of affecting the economy.

The question is, how much? What exactly was “turned around”?

The answer is not much. The economy didn’t really change much as a result of these policies.

Well you did have Democrats not wanting to invest in important energy segments like coal. And the border wall would have made a great infrastructure project.
Like the one that Trump's buddy Bannon was going to build?

The Communist party interferes with fossil fuels every chance they get. Fracking during the DumBama years made some great advancements and prices plunged. Trump being a pro-energy President didn't interfere with fuel production the way Hillary would have, and even encouraged it.

The Communist party interferes with fossil fuels every chance they get. Fracking during the DumBama years made some great advancements and prices plunged. Trump being a pro-energy President didn't interfere with fuel production the way Hillary would have, and even encouraged it.

I know that’s the narrative, but reality is that oil production increased under Obama. It increased under Trump (before crashing).

And you can’t really tell the difference.

All you have is narrative. It’s not real.

Attachments

• 1638126250850.png
    1638126250850.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 10
I know that’s the narrative, but reality is that oil production increased under Obama. It increased under Trump (before crashing).

And you can’t really tell the difference.

All you have is narrative. It’s not real.

Right, and the prices at the gas station aren't real either. Neither are our natural gas or propane bills to stay warm this winter.

The only reason DumBama couldn't stop fuel production in the US is because a lot of our fuel comes from private land. He had little control over what property owners can do with their properties.

Right, and the prices at the gas station aren't real either. Neither are our natural gas or propane bills to stay warm this winter.

The only reason DumBama couldn't stop fuel production in the US is because a lot of our fuel comes from private land. He had little control over what property owners can do with their properties.
There’s data and there’s narrative.

You’re all narrative. You decide what is true and then bend reality to fit it and ignore what doesn’t.

If Obama had little control, so did Trump. I’ll agree to that. The US oil production has next to nothing to do with presidential politics. Stop acting like they’re the most important factor.

They’re not. Far from it. Very very far.

That’s reality. But reality doesn’t work for “Trump good, democrats bad”, so you ignore it.

More would know if more of the media was actually reporting news honestly and truthfully allover the place instead of ignoring facts, cherry picking stories to push an agenda, and werent a tool of democrats.

More would know if more of the media was actually reporting news honestly and truthfully allover the place instead of ignoring facts, cherry picking stories to push an agenda, and werent a tool of democrats.
I mean, is't cherry picking exactly what's going on here?

Part of his report was that the DC metro has a bunch of cars out of service and that their schedule has been affected. I looked it up. Apparently they're pretty new cars, but one derailed and they found a structural problem with them that could cause further derailments. They're fixing the cars and getting them back into service, meanwhile inspecting old cars and getting them in as a stop gap.

This cherry picked story, what exactly is it supposed to tell us? That evil democrats care about the safety of people? How is this related to the thrust of the argument?

There’s data and there’s narrative.

You’re all narrative. You decide what is true and then bend reality to fit it and ignore what doesn’t.

If Obama had little control, so did Trump. I’ll agree to that. The US oil production has next to nothing to do with presidential politics. Stop acting like they’re the most important factor.

They’re not. Far from it. Very very far.

That’s reality. But reality doesn’t work for “Trump good, democrats bad”, so you ignore it.

Yes, DumBama had little control, and if Trump was so against fossil fuel as the commies, it would have slowed him down too. But the fact of the matter is that Trump was pro-energy, and Dementia is anti-energy, and you think our huge increase in fuel prices is all just dumb luck.

Yes, DumBama had little control, and if Trump was so against fossil fuel as the commies, it would have slowed him down too. But the fact of the matter is that Trump was pro-energy, and Dementia is anti-energy, and you think our huge increase in fuel prices is all just dumb luck.
Trump could be pro-Martian. It doesn’t matter if he has no effect.

Our increase in fuel prices is due to surging demand and lagging production after they cut back substantially during pandemic. It’s pretty obvious to anyone who doesn’t have a warped perspective that wants to make everything about partisan politics.

Forum List

Back