Tucker: You're being instructed not to notice this

It’s like you’ve forgotten everything that Trump campaigned on.

I believe it was that china was “raping” us.

He never blamed China for people that make low wages in this country. He blamed China for unfair trading and manipulating their currency.

What are you talking about? All Americans were doing great. Even the different ones that you keep talking about.
Not what Trump said in 2016. He made it sound like the American economy was in shambles.

I never said all blue collar workers. I said the ones who felt left behind economically.
See:

So you see, you are making up shit that I never wrote.

As you seem to put it, anyone blue collar who isn’t getting ahead is lazy. But that was a central issue in Trump’s campaign. That blue collar workers needed help from government.

I don't remember Trump ever saying blue collar workers should get help from government.

He never blamed China for people that make low wages in this country. He blamed China for unfair trading and manipulating their currency.
Okay.

And so why would a middle class American care about their unfair trade and currency manipulation?

Sounds pretty abstract.

He didn't. Only on those who refused to make better trade deals with the US mainly China.
China. Europe. Mexico. Canada.

What was the purpose of the tariffs?

I'll save you the effort. To prop up employment in blue collar workers. Especially those in swing states.

Why? Blue collar workers have plenty of opportunity. Don't they? That's what you've been saying all along.

Did we need more blue collar jobs?

It has nothing to do with need, it's just Trump felt fair trade was not being practiced. Trump's trade policies wouldn't stay in place only when he was in office, he wanted those policies to last long after he was gone.

It has nothing to do with need, it's just Trump felt fair trade was not being practiced. Trump's trade policies wouldn't stay in place only when he was in office, he wanted those policies to last long after he was gone.
Wait, so you're telling me that Trump engaged in a trade war for something we didn't even need?

You're being evasive. Be straightforward for once.

Why did Trump engage in the trade war for jobs? He clearly did so because we need those jobs. We needed those jobs because there's a lot of blue collar workers that didn't have economic opportunity.

Wait, so you're telling me that Trump engaged in a trade war for something we didn't even need?

You're being evasive. Be straightforward for once.

Why did Trump engage in the trade war for jobs? He clearly did so because we need those jobs. We needed those jobs because there's a lot of blue collar workers that didn't have economic opportunity.

Not really because Trump came into office when the economy was doing okay. But Trump followed politics for a long time and has been vocal on it. He always had a thing for how China was ripping us off. Jobs? Of course it's a consideration. But even if we had more jobs than we knew what to do with, Trump still would have went after China.

Not really because Trump came into office when the economy was doing okay. But Trump followed politics for a long time and has been vocal on it. He always had a thing for how China was ripping us off. Jobs? Of course it's a consideration. But even if we had more jobs than we knew what to do with, Trump still would have went after China.
If we had more jobs than we knew what to do with, what was the benefit of Trump going after China?

Forum List

Back