TSA Now on Tennessee Highways

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Told you it was just a matter of time before they began moving beyond the airports. As far as I can tell, these inspections are only confined to trucks and buses, but I wonder how long it will be before they make an attempt to expand to personal automobiles.

And the police state marches on..

PORTLAND, Tenn. – You're probably use to seeing TSA's signature blue uniforms at the airport, but now agents are hitting the interstates to fight terrorism with Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR).

"Where is a terrorist more apt to be found? Not these days on an airplane more likely on the interstate," said Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security Commissioner Bill Gibbons.

Tuesday Tennessee was first to deploy VIPR simultaneously at five weigh stations and two bus stations across the state.

Agents are recruiting truck drivers, like Rudy Gonzales, into the First Observer Highway Security Program to say something if they see something.

"Not only truck drivers, but cars, everybody should be aware of what's going on, on the road," said Gonzales.

It's all meant to urge every driver to call authorities if they see something suspicious.

"Somebody sees something somewhere and we want them to be responsible citizens, report that and let us work it through our processes to abet the concern that they had when they saw something suspicious," said Paul Armes, TSA Federal Security Director for Nashville International Airport.

The Tennessee Highway Patrol checked trucks with drug and bomb sniffing dogs during random inspections.

Tennessee Becomes First State To Fight Terrorism Statewide - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Welcome to the Nanny State/Police State. And so many Americans just go on pretending it's not happening. It's so sad.

I'm afraid. Very afraid. The first one they always pull over is little white haired grannies... :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: big ole tough assholes.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"

Ben

Forum List

Back