Trying & Taste Testing ALL TOP 5 Canadian Candy & Snacks RANKED WORST TO BEST ( Canada Day Episode )

foodman

Rookie
Apr 24, 2020

RUFFLES ALL DRESSED , HOSTESS HICKORY STICKS , CADBURY CRISPY CRUNCH , VACHON PASSION FLAKIE APPLE RASPBERRY , CHAPMANS TIGER PAW SORBET BARS , DARE WHIPPET MINIS COCONUT are all products from some very iconic Canadian brands. For this Canada Day I decided to showcase and try some of the less typical but iconic Canadian snack foods and candies all the while giving a couple of the typical Canadian favourites their due respect. A few of these I had tried before and few I had never tried before and was very excited to munch on for myself.

Congrats on what may be the most apolitical, yet culturally significant, international post of the day. Now, live up to that, and tell us if the damned things are any good.

I didn't know these were all Canadian. Hostess and Cadburys are Canadian? Americans don't have Flakies (the cake, not the China First politicians)?

I'm not a fan of any of these, though as a kid, Flakies were top notch.

I didn't know these were all Canadian. Hostess and Cadburys are Canadian? Americans don't have Flakies (the cake, not the China First politicians)?

I'm not a fan of any of these, though as a kid, Flakies were top notch.
I thought Ruffles was American as well as Hostess, though I think hostess used to be international bakers, owned at one time by ITT. Pretty sure Cadbury is British.

I am of Irish descent, but never been there. Not sure we are welcome at the moment.

I don't usually ask for permission to spend money in other countries, and they usually don't complain when I do.

Me neither, but have heard some parts of Europe are not exactly welcoming Americans over there right now. The times I have been to Europe, I usually tried to get around to several countries and cannot spare 14 days or so to quarantine on arrival, for pleasure travel. I think we are viewed as a possible diseased, seedy lot, not willing to do whatever it takes to fight the pandemic.

Forum List

Back