Truthmatters' " GOP making it difficult to vote" thread.

Five years after the Bush administration began a crackdown on voter fraud, the Justice Department has turned up virtually no evidence of any organized effort to skew federal elections, according to court records and interviews.

Although Republican activists have repeatedly said fraud is so widespread that it has corrupted the political process and, possibly, cost the party election victories, about 120 people have been charged and 86 convicted as of last year.

Most of those charged have been Democrats, voting records show. Many of those charged by the Justice Department appear to have mistakenly filled out registration forms or misunderstood eligibility rules, a review of court records and interviews with prosecutors and defense lawyers show.

In Miami, an assistant United States attorney said many cases there involved what were apparently mistakes by immigrants, not fraud.

In 5-Year Effort, Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud - New York Times

You give no reason why they are needed.

The type of fraud this costly measure is claimed to prevent doesnt statically exsist

From my post & link.

More than 3,000 votes had been cast in the names of individuals who were dead, and more than 31,000 individuals had voted twice in different locations in the city.[22] Thousands of individuals had supposedly voted despite being incarcerated at the time of the election, and utility records showed that some individuals who voted were registered as living on vacant lots.

This isn't enough reason to require ID's??

You'll excuse anything if it helps the Dems, won't you?

The Heritage Foundation is not a good source of anything but partisan hackery

What's the matter, can't dispute the facts, so you go after the source? Isn't this what you constantly accuse everyone else of doing?

And why are you claiming the Heritage Foundation as hacks when you cited them in post #70?
truthmatters said:
Mr. von Spakovsky, a visiting legal scholar at The Heritage Foundation

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3914311-post70.html

I am not going to waste my time readin it because they are a partisan propaganda site.

You lap up the shit , I flush shit.

You're not going to "waste" your time reading it because it doesn't support your point of view.

And if they are a "partisan propaganda site" why did you cite them as a source?

You find shit, you post shit.

At the Justice Department, Mr. Spakovsky helped oversee the voting rights unit. In 2003, when the Texas Congressional redistricting spearheaded by the House majority leader, Tom DeLay, Republican of Texas, was sent to the Justice Department for approval, the career staff members unanimously said it discriminated against African-American and Latino voters.

Mr. Spakovsky overruled the staff, said Joseph Rich, a former lawyer in the office. Mr. Spakovsky did the same thing when they recommended the rejection of a voter identification law in Georgia considered harmful to black voters. Mr. Rich said. Federal courts later struck down the Georgia law and ruled that the boundaries of one district in the Texas plan violated the Voting Rights Act.

Former lawyers in the office said Mr. Spakovsky’s decisions seemed to have a partisan flavor unlike those in previous Republican and Democratic administrations. Mr. Spakovsky declined to comment.

“I understand you can never sweep politics completely away,” said Mark A. Posner, who had worked in the civil and voting rights unit from 1980 until 2003. “But it was much more explicit, pronounced and consciously done in this administration.”

At the same time, the department encouraged United States attorneys to bring charges in voter fraud cases, not a priority in prior administrations. The prosecutors attended training seminars, were required to meet regularly with state or local officials to identify possible cases and were expected to follow up accusations aggressively.

The Republican National Committee and its state organizations supported the push, repeatedly calling for a crackdown. In what would become a pattern, Republican officials and lawmakers in a number of states, including Florida, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Washington, made accusations of widespread abuse, often involving thousands of votes.

In swing states, including Ohio and Wisconsin, party leaders conducted inquiries to find people who may have voted improperly and prodded officials to act on their findings.

But the party officials and lawmakers were often disappointed. The accusations led to relatively few cases, and a significant number resulted in acquittals.

In 5-Year Effort, Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud - New York Times

Teamster Nation: Walker cuts DMV in Dem districts now that voter ID is passed

the plan to keep democratic voters from voting is steaming along
Really?!!! A blog? And you're trying to pass this off as news?
Please cut the bullshit.
According to this bozo who wrote this finger hovering over the panic button piece, people that have to go out of their way to get their license renewed( btw in most states one can do this on-line) they won't bother to get a license or renew? Uh huh..Right.
Look, the way this is this: If you oppose laws requiring a voter to self identify, you have an agenda that supports undocumented voting which is fraudulent and calls into question the integrity of the vote. It is really that simple.
This crap the Left is spewing about disenfranchisement of potential voters because for some reason they are incapable of obtaining official identification is actually quite amusing.
You people live in fear of things that do not exist.

What's hilarious is that she tries to pass of blog shit as 'news' and a 'credible source' and when presented with proof that she is wrong, immediately looks that author up on wiki and screams 'they're a partisan hack!' TFF :lol:

Show me the fraud they are designed to prevent.

There is no fraud of this type that is capable of changing any election.

So you are supporting spending millions of dollars to keep legal Americans from voting.

Well, since you asked so nicely.

Soon after the investigation started, it became evident that this was not a case of isolated wrongdoing, but rather a case of extensive, substantial, and widespread fraud in precincts and wards throughout Chicago. The FBI investigators concluded that their regular tools-interviewing witnesses, obtaining documents, and using handwriting experts to analyze signatures on documents-would not be up to the task. After all, to conduct a complete investigation, they would have to review "virtually all of the 1,000,000 ballot applications submitted in the City of Chicago in the November election" as well as the voter lists maintained by the election board for all of Chicago's 2,910 precincts (comprising approximately 1.6 million voters) to check for the names of voters registered in more than one precinct, as well as registered voters who were dead.[19]

So the FBI employed a new and unique tool in vote fraud investigation: a computer. Because this had never been done before, the FBI had to write a computer program that would match data between the list of registered voters, the list of individuals who had voted, and other databases. To that end, the FBI and federal prosecutors obtained death records from the Bureau of Vital Statistics; local, state, and federal prison records; the national Social Security list; Immigration and Naturalization Service records on aliens; driver's license records; and even utility (gas, electric, water, and telephone) records.[20]

Locker was shocked at the sheer magnitude of the number of fraudulent votes and the fact that fraud occurred in every single Chicago precinct.[21] More than 3,000 votes had been cast in the names of individuals who were dead, and more than 31,000 individuals had voted twice in different locations in the city.[22] Thousands of individuals had supposedly voted despite being incarcerated at the time of the election, and utility records showed that some individuals who voted were registered as living on vacant lots.

Where Theres Smoke Theres Fire 100000 Stolen Votes in Chicago | The Heritage Foundation

The Heritage Foundation is not a good source of anything but partisan hackery

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Try following the links to what they claim in the article and you will see how the site pulls shit right out of their ass

Don't the majority of people who already drive have a driver's license, numbskull?
"yeah, that's people who "already drive" numbskull. Take a wild guess which ones are most likely to not have cars and therefore no drivers license.

You think there's a "run" on the DMV to get a license prior-to elections?
Don't really know, but Scott boy and his Republican lackeys aren't taking any chances are they? Better close those DMV offices in minority right quick to make it harder for minorities to get those IDs right

I only go to the DMV when I absolutly have to - I mean it better be a freaking emergency. The majority of transactions these days are done on the Internet.
If you're going there to get an ID so you can vote in the next election I would certainly call that a freaking emergency.

You've gotten an ID card over the internet???? Tell us how that went

And what a bunch of incompetent morons running the place.
What the hell does that have to do with the subject

The governor's doing the right thing - cutting waste.

If the idea is to discourage minorites and lower income people from voting then yes, he is doing what people with no morals and no sense of decency would call "the right thing"

gotta put something here or it'll say it needs more characters

Anybody ever see such a bunch of whiners?

Oh you mean like our founders who "whined " about paying taxes to a government that gave them nothing in return?

They complained for quite some time before they were forced into action to protect their rights.

So to round this up...they are saying to get id's but are closing up to 10 dmv offices Wisconsin in ....now hold on to your hats....democratic area's and are extending hours in dmv's in republican areas. Wow.

Seriously, wow. If you are poor...seriously poor and have no cars or are elderly and cant get around too well or are young with no license yet and they are closing all the dmv's in your area...how do you register? You dont of course. This is all about helping the republican party.

So fucking obvious.

That might be true. The question is the accuracy of the source.

I don't put it beyond either party to try these kinds of stunts, but in this case, TDM's source is questionable to anyone that is willing to think about the reliability of the piece.

Immie

Don't the majority of people who already drive have a driver's license, numbskull?

You think there's a "run" on the DMV to get a license prior-to elections?

I only go to the DMV when I absolutly have to - I mean it better be a freaking emergency. The majority of transactions these days are done on the Internet.

And what a bunch of incompetent morons running the place.

The governor's doing the right thing - cutting waste.

Heaven forbid they attempt to make government more efficient.

This has nothing to do with making government more efficient.

I suppose we're supposed to believe it's simply a coincidence that the DMV offices in Democratic neighborhoods are CLOSING while those in Republican neighborhoods are EXPANDING. Also "just a coincidence" I'm sure is that this comes right after mandating IDs for the next election

Forum List

Back