Trust Me, I’m An Educational Bureaucrat

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Behold the new and thrilling “equity” policies in San Diego schools to combat racism:

The practices being confronted – i.e., excluded from consideration in academic grading – include “turning work in on time” and “classroom behaviour.” Abandoning such standards is, we learn, an “accountability measure.” On grounds that acknowledging tardiness, unreliability and a lack of diligence results in “racial imbalance,” which, in the land of the bedlamites, simply won’t do.

Oh, and then there’s the problematic issue of disparities in cheating.

And they wonder why most parents wish they could home school their kids.

Gee, even the usual suspects can’t defend their public education anymore.

Defend the San Diego school system? Do we have any members from San Diego? Do we have any members who are teachers in the San Diego school system?

Waiting for weather to quit his easy cushy job, forego a living wage, and teach....

I don’t tolerate letting children run the class ....

YOU wouldn't have the first clue how to prevent that. Even kids at a wealthy, homogenous suburban school would walk all over the likes of you. Stay in your lane.

Gee, even the usual suspects can’t defend their public education anymore.

Defend the San Diego school system? Do we have any members from San Diego? Do we have any members who are teachers in the San Diego school system?
You think this will be the only case of public education gone ape?

You think every story you find in your endless, desperate Googling applies to every school in the country? Your OCD is getting worse.

One does not have to be a Nostradamus to predict that home schooling & private schools will be blooming in the coming decades.

Not only are kids out of control but so are many "educators."
Home schooling because of the pandemic has taught millions upon millions of parents that homeschooling does not work for them. My son is one of them.

"Academic grades will now focus on mastery of the material, not a yearly average, which board members say penalizes students who get a slow start, or who struggle at points throughout the year."

Conversely, the behavioral issues will be reflected in a "citizenship" grade (or something like that).

What's the problem with that? If they learn the stuff by the end of the year, who cares how or when they learned it?

The question is, Will they actually grade according to mastery of the material? What if they make these changes and POC's still end up at the bottom of the barrel?

...which you know they will. Culture and genes - undefeatable combination.

"Academic grades will now focus on mastery of the material, not a yearly average, which board members say penalizes students who get a slow start, or who struggle at points throughout the year."

Conversely, the behavioral issues will be reflected in a "citizenship" grade (or something like that).

What's the problem with that? If they learn the stuff by the end of the year, who cares how or when they learned it?

The question is, Will they actually grade according to mastery of the material? What if they make these changes and POC's still end up at the bottom of the barrel?

...which you know they will. Culture and genes - undefeatable combination.

No link? What and where are you blathering about?

Forum List

Back