Trump's wall is falling apart, in less than 4 years

Now, why would a wall, dubbed a "Lamberguini" of a wall by the builder, costing millions, and built by a private contractor who regularly contributes to GOP candidates, begin to erode the foundation and deteriorate so badly that repairs are needed in less than 4 years?
Umm... You seem to have some reading comprehension problems.

"Private Border Wall Segment."

Do you know what that means? Do you understand that it wasn't paid for by... yeah... ok. Did you read the story?
Ah yes, the company Trump tried repeatedly to steer government contracts to. The only thing that prevented this was other people (presumably, people who are not as mentally ill as the president). Looks like they just got a lesson in Trump's loyalty.
Fisher, a frequent guest on Fox News, has seen his company become Trump’s preferred border wall contractor. After embarking on his privately funded ventures, which include a half-mile fence outside El Paso, Fisher has been awarded about $1.7 billion in federal contracts for border wall work in Arizona.
Yeah....they should have given the contract to somebody that nobody in Washington ever met personally. Maybe give the contract to the Chinese so they can build another Great Wall Of China in America.

I know. All works fail, EXCEPT walls personally supervised by Trump, and they last forever with no maintenance. But, I get your point. Walls built to impress Trump fail by themselves. Walls built by Trump need a strong wind to blow them down.
Mistakes happen... It's when you do dumb shit like this is when you start looking stupid. *sighs*

This is all pretty funny ...
I climbed the Great Wall of China three times.
It’s a great tourist attraction nowadays.
My brother hiked it for three days and two nights.
Kind of gives you perspective.
And that was ... a really BIG WALL.

Now, why would a wall, dubbed a "Lamberguini" of a wall by the builder, costing millions, and built by a private contractor who regularly contributes to GOP candidates, begin to erode the foundation and deteriorate so badly that repairs are needed in less than 4 years?
Umm... You seem to have some reading comprehension problems.

"Private Border Wall Segment."

Do you know what that means? Do you understand that it wasn't paid for by... yeah... ok. Did you read the story?
Ah yes, the company Trump tried repeatedly to steer government contracts to. The only thing that prevented this was other people (presumably, people who are not as mentally ill as the president). Looks like they just got a lesson in Trump's loyalty.
Fisher, a frequent guest on Fox News, has seen his company become Trump’s preferred border wall contractor. After embarking on his privately funded ventures, which include a half-mile fence outside El Paso, Fisher has been awarded about $1.7 billion in federal contracts for border wall work in Arizona.
Yeah....they should have given the contract to somebody that nobody in Washington ever met personally. Maybe give the contract to the Chinese so they can build another Great Wall Of China in America.
I'm sure Chinese companies aren't the only other option.
How about awarding it to a US company that knows how to actually build a wall...you know, instead of just giving it to a campaign donor?

Oh jeezus... Read the damn story. It's not built like the rest of the 500 miles of wall...
Yes i know. That doesn't change a word i said. You always get so rabid when trump is involved and take leave of your senses.
I get rabid when people have no character. There is nothing wrong with making a mistake, unless you don't learn from it. If it makes you feel any better I don't get "rabid" over people who I think are flat out fucked and don't have the intelligence to actually see their own mistakes.

They hired Union workers, they all bought a house near by and need the job

Dont think you read or understood your own article... This "small section" is the result of that "GoFundMe" that everyone was battling about over a year ago.. RAISED PRIVATE funds and did their OWN contracting...

Trump has nothing to do with that section of wall.... From anything I read in the article...

Your thread headline is a LIE!

From the ORIGINAL article you didn't read:

Propublica

Eroding Private Border Wall To Get an Engineering Inspection Just Months After Completion

by Jeremy Schwartz and Perla Trevizo
July 9

Excerpt:

The builder of a privately funded border wall along the shores of the Rio Grande agreed to an engineering inspection of his controversial structure, which experts say is showing signs of erosion that threatens its stability just months after the $42 million project was finished.

Tommy Fisher, president of North Dakota-based Fisher Industries, had bragged he could build faster and smarter than the federal government, calling his wall design method a “Lamborghini,” compared with the government’s “horse and buggy.”

On Wednesday, U.S. District Judge Randy Crane instructed attorneys to work out details of the inspection and to come to an agreement about fixes for a part of the 3-mile fence that violates a treaty with Mexico by deflecting too much water during floods. Crane is overseeing a lawsuit brought by the federal government and the neighboring National Butterfly Center over the construction of the fence and its potential threat to the Rio Grande.

size and bolding mine

Forum List

Back