Trumps twitter followers consist of 15 million robots--FAKE/misleading news and how it's spread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
I really don't know how we're going to stop fake or misleading news--but this article hits the top mark when looking for it.

"Google, whether you’re aware of it or not, is a total slaughterhouse. Trump’s data team (he’s reportedly set up a “war room” to combat the Russia story) has weaponized information, and for about a year now has been slaying American brains: Trump supporters’ brains. It started with the election, then died down, but now it’s coming back, vengeful and desperate.

As a result, we’re at a pivotal point not just in the life of our democracy, but in how we think, read, and make choices. Selective information is being presented to us in a way that encourages selective reading and offers psychological and social rewards for, to put it bluntly, being stupid and submissive and spreading stupid to submit others.

This is, of course, about the truth, and about the cognitive and emotional vulnerabilities of Americans. This is nothing new for propagandists. What’s different now is that this propaganda is being gamed by professionals in a massive, orchestrated data campaign at a volume, pace, and consistency that not only muddies the truth, but completely eclipses the truth. Destroys the very notion of truth.

I can describe it in no other terms but a war.

The truth about the truth is that we believe because we want to, because our ability to think independently is a point of pride for Americans. The people behind the curtain are telling us the same story we tell ourselves about ourselves. But this is also a vulnerability: Independence is in its purist form a kind of division. If you exploit it the right way, you can turn a democracy against itself. If I think about this for too long I grow terrified and want to take everyone’s computer away. But it might be too late.

Beyond the Bots: Trump’s Twitter Toupee

"The past few days, we’ve seen some good reporting about the surge of Trump bots on social media. (Bots are automated, non-human accounts.) And though he didn’t, as some people have claimed, net five million new Twitter followers in three days (though he did gain three million in May), nearly half of his followers, a full 49 percent, aren’t real people.

That’s right: "Trump is being followed by 15 million robots."

This article goes on to list other examples of how we're being mislead by political hackers on Google, Facebook & other social media sites and is an excellent article, and there's a lot to learn in this article. It also gives examples.
How the Trump-Russia Data Machine Games Google to Fool Americans

582f332316ca9.image.jpg

Last edited:
I really don't know how we're going to stop fake and misleading news--but this article hits the top mark when looking for it.

"Google, whether you’re aware of it or not, is a total slaughterhouse. Trump’s data team (he’s reportedly set up a “war room” to combat the Russia story) has weaponized information, and for about a year now has been slaying American brains: Trump supporters’ brains. It started with the election, then died down, but now it’s coming back, vengeful and desperate.

As a result, we’re at a pivotal point not just in the life of our democracy, but in how we think, read, and make choices. Selective information is being presented to us in a way that encourages selective reading and offers psychological and social rewards for, to put it bluntly, being stupid and submissive and spreading stupid to submit others.

This is, of course, about the truth, and about the cognitive and emotional vulnerabilities of Americans. This is nothing new for propagandists. What’s different now is that this propaganda is being gamed by professionals in a massive, orchestrated data campaign at a volume, pace, and consistency that not only muddies the truth, but completely eclipses the truth. Destroys the very notion of truth.

The truth about the truth is that we believe because we want to, because our ability to think independently is a point of pride for Americans. The people behind the curtain are telling us the same story we tell ourselves about ourselves. But this is also a vulnerability: Independence is in its purist form a kind of division. If you exploit it the right way, you can turn a democracy against itself. If I think about this for too long I grow terrified and want to take everyone’s computer away. But it might be too late.

"The past few days, we’ve seen some good reporting about the surge of Trump bots on social media. (Bots are automated, non-human accounts.) And though he didn’t, as some people have claimed, net five million new Twitter followers in three days (though he did gain three million in May), nearly half of his followers, a full 49 percent, aren’t real people.

This article goes on to list other examples of how we're being mislead by political hackers on Google, Facebook & other social media sites and is an excellent article, and there's a lot to learn in this.

582f332316ca9.image.jpg

He's got nothing on Obama

Barack Obama has 19.5 MILLION fake Twitter followers | Daily Mail Online

I really don't know how we're going to stop fake and misleading news--but this article hits the top mark when looking for it.

This article goes on to list other examples of how we're being mislead by political hackers on Google, Facebook & other social media sites and is an excellent article, and there's a lot to learn in this.

582f332316ca9.image.jpg

That still leaves Obama with almost 60 million more twitter followers :thup:

I bet that drives Trump nuts

I really don't know how we're going to stop fake or misleading news--but this article hits the top mark when looking for it.

This article goes on to list other examples of how we're being mislead by political hackers on Google, Facebook & other social media sites and is an excellent article, and there's a lot to learn in this article. It also gives examples.

582f332316ca9.image.jpg

Funny never heard of it

582f332316ca9.image.jpg

No one reads it

Except idiots like you

582f332316ca9.image.jpg

Ahhh, the old grade school nanananabooboo tactic. Diabolical!
Can we get a sneak peek of the mama in combat boots retort? It's a classic too!

582f332316ca9.image.jpg

No one reads it

Except idiots like you

I doubt you can get through an article like this anyway. You need to have reading comprehension skills and an attention span that lasts longer than a gnat.

66aeeff66959a10271e0be9fccc28f2c.jpg

582f332316ca9.image.jpg

No one reads it

Except idiots like you

Yay I triggered a snowflake

582f332316ca9.image.jpg

^ A second triggered snowflake :thup:

582f332316ca9.image.jpg

No one reads it

Except idiots like you

I doubt you can get through an article like this anyway. You need to have reading comprehension skills and an attention span that lasts longer than a gnat.

66aeeff66959a10271e0be9fccc28f2c.jpg
Oh look, more cartoons! That should help the left understand.

582f332316ca9.image.jpg

Physco-babble still won't get you through the article--and your distraction won't stop others from reading it.

582f332316ca9.image.jpg

No one reads it

Except idiots like you

Yay I triggered a snowflake

How did you do that?

582f332316ca9.image.jpg

^ A second triggered snowflake :thup:
Triggered? Are you fucking retarded? It's CLEARLY an insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back