Trump's support for gun control measures after Parkland.

Asking the 2A folks that know our gun rights were guaranteed as a hedge against the designs of a despotic govt to consider un-Constitutional infringements of said rights is not a winning argument as we all clearly see our own govt moving in a direction towards despotism.
Saying we don't have to worry about that doesn't work for me

As I noted many times I support our 2nd but this is interesting. I've mentioned many times how Trump supported red flag laws only to hear excuse after excuse and one can point out how it was Trump that banned bump stops but nothing will deter his followers.

After El Paso Shooting, Trump Pushed Again on Gun Control. His Aides Talked Him Out of It.
No excuses. Trump was wrong. And I say this as a Trump supporter.

Did you really expect us to go, "Oh, if Trump supports gun control, so do I now!!"?

Because that's a leftist thing, abandoning principles because your leaders tell you to.

Did you really expect us to go, "Oh, if Trump supports gun control, so do I now!!"?

Because that's a leftist thing, abandoning principles because your leaders tell you to.

As I noted, in the past there was usually excuse after excuse.

Asking the 2A folks that know our gun rights were guaranteed as a hedge against the designs of a despotic govt to consider un-Constitutional infringements of said rights is not a winning argument as we all clearly see our own govt moving in a direction towards despotism.
Saying we don't have to worry about that doesn't work for me
Are you afraid of despots. We fought a war for independence from Britain. We have a constitutional Republic. We have a well regulated militia.

So then, was Trump just blowing smoke up everybody's ass? Yours included?

Are you afraid of despots. We fought a war for independence from Britain. We have a constitutional Republic. We have a well regulated militia.
Of course a govt can turn despotic. Are you attempting to argue they can't?
That would be both futile & counter factual.
I'm not sure what your point is here? Nothing you say contradicts the fact the people are guaranteed the right to own & bear arms.
That is the essence of the 2A & nothing changes this fact.
If my protected exercise of rights bothers you, there are plenty of countries, the majority actually, that don't have this right.
Nobody in this country forces you to stay, unlike in some of those countries without 2A rights.

Oh, so no public announcement was ever made? That's interesting.

He was still wrong.

You didn't expect me to say that.

It's nice of you to say so. Trump seemed to have caved pretty quick.

New Topics

Forum List

Back