trump's Social Media Platform Could Already Face Legal Issues, After Allegedly Ripping Off Code

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This is typical.

trump took code from another site, Mastodon, and used it on his site.

Mastodon allows it's code to be used by others but on the condition of full disclosure that they are using Mastodon's code.

trump didn't.

Now the owners of Mastodon are hiring lawyers to sue trump.

The new website is dead...Trump is the stooge these fanatics drool over.
Who lives in your heads 24/7/365. There is no brain bleach that will ever remove him. You invited him in and fed him and gave him a warm place to sleep and now you're stuck with him forever.

AND IT'S DELIGHTFUL!

The new website is dead...Trump is the stooge these fanatics drool over.

His site has a lot of problems.

Who did he hire to create it?

One thing is for sure, none of it is professional and it's already become a total joke.

This is typical.

trump took code from another site, Mastodon, and used it on his site.

Mastodon allows it's code to be used by others but on the condition of full disclosure that they are using Mastodon's code.

trump didn't.

Now the owners of Mastodon are hiring lawyers to sue trump.

I wouldn't place much stock in getting Trump on using open source code. Full disclosure could be something as simple as acknowledgement in the code itself as to the copyright owner. It would be a tough sell to a judge (legally speaking).
If I were Trump, I'd be more worried about being able to raise enough money for the infrastructure and getting enough advertising dollars to sustain the venture.

I wouldn't place much stock in getting Trump on using open source code. Full disclosure could be something as simple as acknowledgement in the code itself as to the copyright owner. It would be a tough sell to a judge (legally speaking).
If I were Trump, I'd be more worried about being able to raise enough money for the infrastructure and getting enough advertising dollars to sustain the venture.

Yes it was as simple as acknowledging the code is from Mastodon.

He is being sued. It's not a criminal case.

It's just another example of how trump does most things, on the cheap, he does it half assed and steals other people's work.

Yes it was as simple as acknowledging the code is from Mastodon.

He is being sued. It's not a criminal case.

It's just another example of how trump does most things, on the cheap, he does it half assed and steals other people's work.
It's another example -- like all of them -- where incompetent griters are drawn to Trump and join his circle of grifters and criminals.

Forum List

Back