Trumps "forgotten men and women"

Bowili

Rookie
Nov 10, 2016
I stumbled across a sign held up by a lonesome yet eager Trump-suppporter. It read "No more gay rights, no more immigrant's rights, no more minorities' rights, no more women's rights, no more political correctness".

I suddenly came to think about Donald Trump's acceptance speech, when he said that "the forgotten men and women will no longer be forgotten". After hundreds of years of oppressing women, gays and minorities, US somewhat came to grips with these problems during the civil rights movement. Since then, the American conscioussness has made some space to REMEMBER women, minorities and those of other sexual orientation.

By doing so, white men felt "forgotten". Some would say that this is a reaction born out of white privilege. That equal rights to the white man means oppression. Or as one supporter said it "no more minorities' rights".

Then I came across this: Day 1 In Trump's America

Now, although I am black, I was born and raised (and live) in Norway. I've never experienced racism in my life. Our society is just different. But the internet has caused these images to haunt me. So I want to ask the questions:

Are white Americans feeling a fallback to previously held racial grievances?

And secondly, do white Americans feel "forgotten" amidst the attempts to secure equal rights for other groups?

I can't answer question 1, as you did not specify what you see as 'previously held racial grievances' by white Americans.

And 'no' to question #2.

My husband does to a point, he feels that AA is in itself racist as it elevates folks based entirely on ethnicity/gender, when it should be ability that dictates who gets a job or raise. He also feels like the left is constantly calling everyone racist all the time, even when they are not, and thus shut down any hope for a reasonable conversation or change in racial issues.

My husband's ex-wife is black and her parents forced them to divorce, I think he still loves her honestly. After a slew of bad relationships (for her) her parents finally came around and wished they hadn't forced the two to divorce, but by then I was in the picture. (We all joke about it these days, they had a son who would often spend summers with us. It's a perhaps /odd/ situation, but with understanding it all works out.) So for him, having been on the other side of "reverse racism" (and I believe really hurting him) he's got very little tolerance for the un-based claims of racism that are thrown at the drop of a hat these days.

If it were not for white men in America, slavery would not have ended. If it were not for white men and women in America equal rights for blacks and others would never have come about.

It's really that simple. And it's a double edged sword. You have racist whites to be sure, but just last night in New Orleans blacks rioted and put up all sorts of graffiti saying "Die whites die". You have racist blacks.

But you also have to remember. President Obama is black. And in Norway? Many top athletes and musicians in America who are one percenters aka very wealthy are black. Successful individuals in America come in all colors and ethnic backgrounds.

It's just that America has as compared to other nations a "race industry". Sigh. It's complicated.

I stumbled across a sign held up by a lonesome yet eager Trump-suppporter. It read "No more gay rights, no more immigrant's rights, no more minorities' rights, no more women's rights, no more political correctness".

I suddenly came to think about Donald Trump's acceptance speech, when he said that "the forgotten men and women will no longer be forgotten". After hundreds of years of oppressing women, gays and minorities, US somewhat came to grips with these problems during the civil rights movement. Since then, the American conscioussness has made some space to REMEMBER women, minorities and those of other sexual orientation.

By doing so, white men felt "forgotten". Some would say that this is a reaction born out of white privilege. That equal rights to the white man means oppression. Or as one supporter said it "no more minorities' rights".

Now, although I am black, I was born and raised (and live) in Norway. I've never experienced racism in my life. Our society is just different. But the internet has caused these images to haunt me. So I want to ask the questions:

And secondly, do white Americans feel "forgotten" amidst the attempts to secure equal rights for other groups?

I've got a question. Do you in Norway behave like this after an election?

‘You Voted Trump!’ Shock Video Shows White Man Viciously Beaten in Chicago After Election

'You Voted Trump!' Shock Video Shows White Man Viciously Beaten in Chicago After Election - Breitbart

I've got a question. Do you in Norway behave like this after an election?

‘You Voted Trump!’ Shock Video Shows White Man Viciously Beaten in Chicago After Election

'You Voted Trump!' Shock Video Shows White Man Viciously Beaten in Chicago After Election - Breitbart
That's why you carry a pistol and shoot the fucking scumbag motherfuckers.

Got them on film. Law enforcement needs to hunt them down.

Forum List

Back