Trump's election lies are an attempted coup. Biden/ Dems should say so

SO true - And enough is ENOUGH!

President Donald Trump is not trying to simply undermine President-elect Joe Biden's presidency, nor is he primarily trying to position himself for a 2024 presidential run, as many have suggested. No, Trump's No. 1 goal is to overturn the results of the 2020 election. It's time for Biden and other Democratic leaders to describe his actions in the most forceful and universally understandable language possible. And that means, in this case, calling them part of an attempted coup to illegally overthrow the Biden presidency.​
In the past few days, several experts have noted that Trump's actions do not technically constitute a "coup" in the academic sense. According to Michael Albertus, an associate professor of political science at the University of Chicago, for example, a coup "typically connotes a violent takeover of government." Yet these same experts warn that Trump's actions are a threat to our democracy.​
Regardless of how you define the word, now is not the time for academic debates. Trump's wildly effective communications strategy proves that sometimes simpler is better. Biden's response, in contrast, has been far too careful and far too polite. On Thursday, Biden called Trump's efforts to undermine the election results "totally irresponsible," adding that his message to immigrants worried about Trump's electoral attacks was "Hang on. I'm on my way." Other leading Democrats have, for the most part, followed Biden's lead.​
This message is not surprising given Biden's campaign strategy, which emphasized unity. Such sentiment was also at the heart of Biden's victory speech Nov. 7. But it is nevertheless a very bad strategy.​
Italy's Benito Mussolini and Russia's Vladimir Putin amassed power through bullying. These types of leaders treat silence or muted responses as a sign of weakness, emboldening them to push further with their authoritarian goals.​

CONTINUED:

Your Dual Diagnosis of Chronic Clinical TDS and Trump OCD is getting worse.

Popular enough to get 73 million votes.

Popular enough to draw thousands of people to rallies.

Popular enough to make inroads into the minority vote in mostly non urban settings.
He’s just not that popular. Even the most strident supporter of Trump knows there’s a lot to dislike there.

Keep telling yourself that. After 2 years of Biden and 2 of Kamala Trump will probably be back, or someone who runs like/with him will be back.

And there isn't a shit ton to dislike about Biden?
There is no other Trump. Lots of people have tried, he’s unique.

Leave your bubble and you’ll see, he’s just not that popular.

Thank God!

Popular enough to make inroads into the minority vote in mostly non urban settings.
He’s just not that popular. Even the most strident supporter of Trump knows there’s a lot to dislike there.

Keep telling yourself that. After 2 years of Biden and 2 of Kamala Trump will probably be back, or someone who runs like/with him will be back.

LOL, you are accusing people of being in a bubble? Fucking comical.

I bet all your friends are ORANGE MAN BAD fart sniffers like you.

Pre Dominion vote flip, Trump actually got well over 80,000,000 votes, Biden got maybe 60 to 65 million with Illegals and the nonliving
Have you ever worked with voting machines?

It’s beneficial to know where Trump’s appeal is and where it isn’t. The results of the election show that Trump lost major ground with the exact people we thought he was going to, suburban middle class and college educated.

This should come as a surprise to no one given his behavior.

It’s beneficial to know where Trump’s appeal is and where it isn’t. The results of the election show that Trump lost major ground with the exact people we thought he was going to, suburban middle class and college educated.

he increased his vote total by over 10 million votes from 2016.

You can bitch about not liking him, but you can't really make any accurate statement about his popularity.

Pre Dominion vote flip, Trump actually got well over 80,000,000 votes, Biden got maybe 60 to 65 million with Illegals and the nonliving
Have you ever worked with voting machines?

Do you mean the ones that democrats are destroying and burning before they can be inspected?

You can bitch about not liking him, but you can't really make any accurate statement about his popularity.
I’m smart enough to differentiate popularity with turnout. A big turnout election doesn’t change the fact that most of the country doesn’t like him and the strong feelings opposed to him are far stronger now than they were 4 years ago.

Like I said, in many ways this election wasn’t that surprising.

I’m smart enough to differentiate popularity with turnout. A big turnout election doesn’t change the fact that most of the country doesn’t like him and the strong feelings opposed to him are far stronger now than they were 4 years ago.

He was more popular this time than last time, judging by the popular vote increase.

73 million people do like him, just under half.

He was more popular this time than last time, judging by the popular vote increase.

That’s a stupid way to judge. 80 million people don’t like him. That’s not very popular at all.

That’s a stupid way to judge. 80 million people don’t like him. That’s not very popular at all.

Unpopular would be only 20-30 million people voting for him, he got almost half, that's pretty popular.

Yep ^ This election came down almost exactly to Real Clear's Polling Average:

RCP Average11/12 - 11/30--45.053.0-8.0

I disagree with Biden and Democrats getting involved and would leave defending the election to the Republicans and Democrats in charge at the state level. Attacking Trump's diminutive character won't gain Biden anything. I can only compare it to the cliché it has become whenever Republicans point out Pelosi's same obvious lack of character.

In reality it's just the continuation of Trumpybear's "Poop Coup"

Since 2015 he's been throwing poop everywhere inside American Politics. Now the place is one big shi.........um.....poop house, yeah one big poophouse.....

He wants everyone to join him.

Putin smiles.

SO true - And enough is ENOUGH!

President Donald Trump is not trying to simply undermine President-elect Joe Biden's presidency, nor is he primarily trying to position himself for a 2024 presidential run, as many have suggested. No, Trump's No. 1 goal is to overturn the results of the 2020 election. It's time for Biden and other Democratic leaders to describe his actions in the most forceful and universally understandable language possible. And that means, in this case, calling them part of an attempted coup to illegally overthrow the Biden presidency.​
In the past few days, several experts have noted that Trump's actions do not technically constitute a "coup" in the academic sense. According to Michael Albertus, an associate professor of political science at the University of Chicago, for example, a coup "typically connotes a violent takeover of government." Yet these same experts warn that Trump's actions are a threat to our democracy.​
Regardless of how you define the word, now is not the time for academic debates. Trump's wildly effective communications strategy proves that sometimes simpler is better. Biden's response, in contrast, has been far too careful and far too polite. On Thursday, Biden called Trump's efforts to undermine the election results "totally irresponsible," adding that his message to immigrants worried about Trump's electoral attacks was "Hang on. I'm on my way." Other leading Democrats have, for the most part, followed Biden's lead.​
This message is not surprising given Biden's campaign strategy, which emphasized unity. Such sentiment was also at the heart of Biden's victory speech Nov. 7. But it is nevertheless a very bad strategy.​
Italy's Benito Mussolini and Russia's Vladimir Putin amassed power through bullying. These types of leaders treat silence or muted responses as a sign of weakness, emboldening them to push further with their authoritarian goals.​

CONTINUED:

The only coup I've seen is the one the Dems used in this election.
But in another thread you said this: Hey dumbass. If they were truly attempting a coup every one of them would have been armed and they would have shot the shit out of our glorious leaders.

So when did you see a coup attempt from the Democrats? Based on your definition of a coup.

Forum List

Back