Trump's early 2024 launch fails to rally GOP around him

But you have no issue with the billionaire donors as long as they are giving that money to Democrats.

So what? We're talking about billionaires who have said they aren't going to support Trump. What does that have to do with billionaires who support Democrats?

“Former president Donald Trump has told associates and advisers that he wants his third White House bid to resemble the first, limiting himself to a small, improvisational operation and positioning himself as an upstart outsider.

But his official campaign announcement on Tuesday echoed his original 2015 launch in other ways that are less to his favor — lacking the advantages of incumbency and a unified party at his back.

Republican leaders in Washington and around the country are openly blaming Trump for leading the party to its third consecutive electoral letdown. A conservative press that cheered his presidency reprised the hostile tone many right-leaning outlets took when he first appeared on the political scene in 2015. And an emboldened array of potential 2024 competitors for the nomination have stepped forward to suggest an alternative future for the party, even if they are not formally joining Trump in the race yet.

Few major donors or even former Trump administration officials immediately came to his defense — with some, most notably Blackstone CEO Steve Schwarzman, a longtime adviser to Trump in the presidency, saying he would support someone else. And some polls show Trump has seen significant erosion among Republicans.”

The question, of course, is how disruptive will a Trump candidacy be; Trump won’t win the nomination, of course, but will his acolytes support whomever the nominee is?

One thing is for certain: for the next two years Trump will hobble and undermine Republicans’ efforts to take the Senate and WH in 2024.
This reads like wishful thinking to me.

I as well don’t think Trump will get the nomination, but if the country is to continue as the beacon of freedom it has become known to be in the world we need to get back to constitutional fundamentals, and not the dystopian vision our leftist counterparts want to see.

This reads like wishful thinking to me.

I as well don’t think Trump will get the nomination, but if the country is to continue as the beacon of freedom it has become known to be in the world we need to get back to constitutional fundamentals, and not the dystopian vision our leftist counterparts want to see.

You sure are confused.

Lol 😂 Trump has never read it. He publicly claimed that it is too hard like a foreign language. Do you consider yourself to be a constitutional scholar?
See what humongous government does? We argue and incriminate and demean every politician in this scenario. Many of the politicians are inept, incompetent, and even stupid as they are backed by factions. We are experiencing high inflation designed to affect the middle class not privileged and those on fixed incomes not poor.

I think it's hilarious that you all continue to obsess over Trump. But good glory, keep at it. DeSantis will clean your clocks.

Try to Trumpify DeSantis and see how the independents like THAT.

But you will do it, because your people cannot be untaught.

DeSantis is currently back peddling away from Rump. It appears that some "Sane" Gopers probably said that he didn't have a chance in hell if he continued with his Rump 2.0 methods. Already some of his bills are bring overturned as well. DeSantis has a chance but he's going to not DeRump but DeMAGAt.

Forum List

Back