Trumps Coronavirus Presser... was that a joke?

Ben Rhodes
@brhodes

·
Feb 27

It’s still amazing to see how a rambling, semi coherent and contradictory presser from Trump gets repackaged (by right wing media) into headlines, stories and tv clips that turn him into a normal President.

Did anybody catch this presser today. Is this guy a joke or is he our president? Can anybody watch this speech without cringing or laughing?

all he had to do was read but he tried to ad lib and showed that he has no damn clue what he is talking about.... how did this guy get the most powerful job I’m the world?!

The Post reports, "Moments after President Trump announced that Vice President Pence will take over the White House’s coronavirus task force, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed that a northern California person has contracted the coronavirus without traveling outside the United States or coming in contact with another patient known to have the infection — the first sign that the disease may be spreading within a local community."

That is so typical of Trump. Instead of selecting a doctor to be in charge of a surging pandemic, he appoints his very own political hack, and one of the most incompetent, obsequious politicians in Washington. Just the kind of man Trump wanted, a loyal lapdog.

There are times the Trump White House is hysterically funny.

The confused and incompetent politician didn't seem to understand he was in charge. “I’m leading the task force,” Pence said today. “We’ll continue to rely on the secretary’s (HHS Sec't Alex Azar) role as chairman of the task force and the leader of Health and Human Services.”

Trump said Pence had a "talent certain for this" while praising Pence's handling of health crises during his time as Indiana governor. "Look at the Indiana model, they have been very successful there.” Trump said he is “using Mike because he’s very good at doing what he does."

Pence wrote in an op-ed back in 2000. "Despite the hysteria from the political class and the media, smoking doesn't kill."

That statement may have something to do with the fact that Pence’s now-defunct family business, Kiel Bros. Oil, operated a chain of more than 200 cigarette and gasoline convenience stores. Pence’s financial disclosures from 2000 to 2003 noted six-figure holdings and at least $15,000 in annual income from the company. The stores, which operated under the name “Tobacco Road,” closed in 2004.

Pence received an estimated at least $13,000 in contributions from the political action committees for Brown & Williamson, Philip Morris, R.J. Reynolds, and US Tobacco. Over his time in Congress, he would receive at least $39,000 from R.J. Reynolds and more than $60,000 from the National Association of Convenience Stores. Mike Pence, cigarette truther – ThinkProgress

In other words, Pence is just another political hack, just the kind of person Trump would appoint to head off a pandemic.

Heading up the scientific study of covid-19 is man who consistently rejects science. From 'Smoking Doesn't Kill' to Conversion Therapy—Mike Pence's Most Controversial Science Remarks

Trump can sure pick 'em. I told you this was going to be funny. In the face of such breathtaking incompetence by two men who have no idea what they are doing, all one can do is laugh.

Azar is only a little bit smarter than Pence.

Imagine hiring a big pharma lobbyist as Secretary of Health and Human Services. Of course, he may be SLIGHTLY less corrupt and incompetent than the last guy. Only the BEST people!

Disgraced Former Trump Cabinet Member Wants to Be Appointed to the U.S. Senate

Did anybody catch this presser today. Is this guy a joke or is he our president? Can anybody watch this speech without cringing or laughing?

all he had to do was read but he tried to ad lib and showed that he has no damn clue what he is talking about.... how did this guy get the most powerful job I’m the world?!

The Post reports, "Moments after President Trump announced that Vice President Pence will take over the White House’s coronavirus task force, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed that a northern California person has contracted the coronavirus without traveling outside the United States or coming in contact with another patient known to have the infection — the first sign that the disease may be spreading within a local community."

That is so typical of Trump. Instead of selecting a doctor to be in charge of a surging pandemic, he appoints his very own political hack, and one of the most incompetent, obsequious politicians in Washington. Just the kind of man Trump wanted, a loyal lapdog.

The confused and incompetent politician didn't seem to understand he was in charge. “I’m leading the task force,” Pence said today. “We’ll continue to rely on the secretary’s (HHS Sec't Alex Azar) role as chairman of the task force and the leader of Health and Human Services.”

Trump said Pence had a "talent certain for this" while praising Pence's handling of health crises during his time as Indiana governor. "Look at the Indiana model, they have been very successful there.” Trump said he is “using Mike because he’s very good at doing what he does."

Pence wrote in an op-ed back in 2000. "Despite the hysteria from the political class and the media, smoking doesn't kill."

That statement may have something to do with the fact that Pence’s now-defunct family business, Kiel Bros. Oil, operated a chain of more than 200 cigarette and gasoline convenience stores. Pence’s financial disclosures from 2000 to 2003 noted six-figure holdings and at least $15,000 in annual income from the company. The stores, which operated under the name “Tobacco Road,” closed in 2004.

Pence received an estimated at least $13,000 in contributions from the political action committees for Brown & Williamson, Philip Morris, R.J. Reynolds, and US Tobacco. Over his time in Congress, he would receive at least $39,000 from R.J. Reynolds and more than $60,000 from the National Association of Convenience Stores. Mike Pence, cigarette truther – ThinkProgress

In other words, Pence is just another political hack, just the kind of person Trump would appoint to head off a pandemic.

Heading up the scientific study of covid-19 is man who consistently rejects science. From 'Smoking Doesn't Kill' to Conversion Therapy—Mike Pence's Most Controversial Science Remarks

Trump can sure pick 'em. I told you this was going to be funny. In the face of such breathtaking incompetence by two men who have no idea what they are doing, all one can do is laugh.

Imagine hiring a big pharma lobbyist as Secretary of Health and Human Services. Of course, he may be SLIGHTLY less corrupt and incompetent than the last guy. Only the BEST people!

6 month old article?

You are on top of it, aren’t you?

6 month old article?

You enjoyed Tom Price's corruption did you? And probably all Donald's cronies who are in prison or heading there. :)

6 month old article?

You enjoyed Tom Price's corruption did you? And probably all Donald's cronies who are in prison or heading there. :)

Corruption is bad. Whether it be abusing spending accounts or weaponizing the US intelligence apparatus to spy on your political opponent’s campaign.

6 month old article?

Corruption is bad. Whether it be abusing spending accounts or weaponizing the US intelligence apparatus to spy on your political opponent’s campaign.

Don't you have something better to do than post on a political chat board Mr Barr? Hop on a plane and find more of that cool Biden dirt over in Ukraine and evidence it was THEM hacking our election to help Hillary. Invite Rudy along so's not to be so lonely. :)

5bedb40b722dbf2cbe250ce491a0ec0e.jpg

6 month old article?

Don't you have something better to do than post on a political chat board Mr Barr? Hop on a plane and find more of that cool Biden dirt over in Ukraine and evidence it was THEM hacking our election to help Hillary. Invite Rudy along so's not to be so lonely. :)

5bedb40b722dbf2cbe250ce491a0ec0e.jpg

Corruption is bad whether it be not paying taxes or lying and obstructing congress over selling guns to Mexican drug cartels.

if you recall, i used to engage a lot. along the way through these "engagements" i learn who is worth the time, and who is simply angry and spittin up some hate; simply not worth the time TO engage with?

trump did a thing. you come in here to mock it. i laugh cause it's what you do. when push comes to shove, you simply give your side the benefit of the doubt yet you've never once done that for what you don't like. your side deserves/earned it, the other, well they didn't.

every
single
time

you want to be less predictable, then do something different. but as you say, i'm complaining about the people complaining - what else would you have me do? pat your head and go "there there"?

stop complaining then i'll stop complaining about your complaining.
You are right you used to engage and were a great poster to talk to. Now you’re boring, shifting the conversation with the same tired argument.

And yes I’m critical on Trump and choose to engage in the embarrassing, shameful, dishonest and inappropriate behavior he engages in on a daily basis. I think he is far below the office he holds and I hope he gets called out on his BS and voted out next cycle.
you choose to make it that way to justify how you feel.

due to this, your desire to "warp reality" i simply found no good reason to extend anything more than return baseless emotional responses that do the same to you that i feel you do to those you don't like.

if you find it useless, annoying, and non helpful, then you now fully understand how these posts from you make YOU look.

rest assured when there are people who talk about the issues, not blind rage on people, i'll be glad to dive in, dig deep, and engage in adult conversation. but time and again you've simply shown you just want to bitch at trump and are simply not worth any extra effort in response.
yes I make it that way because that’s how I feel, that’s obvious. We all express the way we feel.

I dont warp reality though. If I did you’d be correcting my mistakes and lies rather than complaining about me complaining. Like I said you don’t engage in the debate anymore you just complain about the debaters.... boring!
been there, done that. you blew off what I said more than once and assign speaking points I've never made for me to now defend.

like I said, it isn't ONE time it happened, it's all the time.

and you already said I was whining about whiners. now you changed to you are a debater.

than is debatable but you were right the first time when you yourself said you were a whiner.
ICE we’ve had this conversation about a dozen times now and the last time I tried to put a nail in it, yet here you are going to the same place again. I’m done. One more time and I’m putting you on ignore. It’s a great feature on this site that filters out those who are constantly trying to derail conversations and be a pain in the ass. I’d prefer not to do that because I know you have good debate skills in you but this routine of yours is getting really old and I’m done talking about it
well, bye.

fyi - this routine of yours is just as old to me so don't run off to ignoreland feeling like the lone ranger.

and again, i use my debate skills when people are actually being honest about the debate. not when they go BUT THEY HAD GOOD REASON - YOUR GUY DIDN'T.

there's simply nothing to be done there but say "fuck off" and move on.

Wrong again fatty. It’s YOU and YOUR side doing the violence. Guess it’s hard to see when you idiots forget to cut eyeholes in your masks.

View attachment 309184

Time to slap you again idiot. It’s ILLEGAL to block traffic/roads. You get in my way, you get run down, it’s YOUR fault. Epic fail. Try again......

James Alex Fields, driver in deadly car attack at Charlottesville rally, sentenced to life in prison

Try that in my state. You get in way, I have every right to run you down and YOU get ticketed. You idiots love crunching on the Charlotesville thing where it was shown that you morons were beating his vehicle and threatening his safety. Nothing more than a political sentence when the Charlottesville sheriff was proven to be lying about weapons being stashed all over. Try again....

The laws in Russia are strange. Which state do you live in?
Federal subjects of Russia - Wikipedia

Poor bitch slapped moron. Not my fault you’re too stupid to look for things. Crying Russia means you have ZERO argument and have forfeited. Goodbye.

Wrong again fatty. It’s YOU and YOUR side doing the violence. Guess it’s hard to see when you idiots forget to cut eyeholes in your masks.

View attachment 309184

Time to slap you again idiot. It’s ILLEGAL to block traffic/roads. You get in my way, you get run down, it’s YOUR fault. Epic fail. Try again......

James Alex Fields, driver in deadly car attack at Charlottesville rally, sentenced to life in prison

Try that in my state. You get in way, I have every right to run you down and YOU get ticketed. You idiots love crunching on the Charlotesville thing where it was shown that you morons were beating his vehicle and threatening his safety. Nothing more than a political sentence when the Charlottesville sheriff was proven to be lying about weapons being stashed all over. Try again....

If people have a permit to hold a rally or a parade, and you run them over, you will be charged with vehicle manslaughter.

Not if they’re illegally blocking the roadway or pounding on vehicles. Then they got hurt committing an illegal act and it’s their own fault.

View attachment 309184

LOLOL

As if the forum needed more evidence you're a raging lunatic.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Dumbfuck twink, in no state is it legal to intentionally run over a pedestrian. Of course, in your state of delusion, who knows what laws you live by?

giphy.gif

Hey it’s the uneducated lying, eunuch little yellow coward who can’t read. If you illegally block the roadway or pound on a persons vehicle (that is considered a threat dipshit) then you can proceed on your way with ZERO consequence if you run down one of those idiots. That is not intentionally running down anybody. Totally different scenario. As if we needed more proof you’re lying illiterate fuckwad. You are bitch slapped again. Now STFU.

Poor bitch slapped moron. Not my fault you’re too stupid to look for things. Crying Russia means you have ZERO argument and have forfeited. Goodbye.
I just don’t know how to respond to someone who is stupid enough to think they’re legally entitled to run someone down in the middle of the street for jaywalking.

If people have a permit to hold a rally or a parade, and you run them over, you will be charged with vehicle manslaughter.
Well, there are those who excuse that kind of thing......look to all who excused the Charlottesville murderer.

Oh, you mean the guy who was threatened by YOU idiots who were surrounding his vehicle and threatening him. That’s illegal fatso.

I just don’t know how to respond to someone who is stupid enough to think they’re legally entitled to run someone down in the middle of the street for jaywalking.

Can’t read can you you idiot? If you are protesting and ILLEGALLY blocking streets and interfering with traffic, that is not jaywalking. Damn you’re stupid. When you idiots refuse to move, the driver has every right to proceed, no matter what happens to you. You have ZERO recourse as you were committing an illegal act and got yourself hurt. Now learn to read.

Can’t read can you you idiot? If you are protesting and ILLEGALLY blocking streets and interfering with traffic, that is not jaywalking. Damn you’re stupid. When you idiots refuse to move, the driver has every right to proceed, no matter what happens to you. You have ZERO recourse as you were committing an illegal act and got yourself hurt. Now learn to read.

No. Doing so is employing deadly force and not justifiable under any circumstances unless your life is in danger. Employing deadly force unjustifiably is called murder.

You’re a buffoon.

No. Doing so is employing deadly force and not justifiable under any circumstances unless your life is in danger. Employing deadly force unjustifiably is called murder.

You’re a buffoon.

Sorry, your opinion doesn’t override the law. You are an uneducated jackass. If you are committing an illegal act and get hurt as a result, YOU CAN’T SUE ANYBODY or even have them arrested. Learn to read illiterate moron. When you are threatened and people pound your vehicle, that isn’t a threat and you can now defend yourself or merely continue on your way. If you don’t get out of the way, it’s your fault for blocking traffic illegally.

You’re a buffoon.

Sorry, your opinion doesn’t override the law. You are an uneducated jackass. If you are committing an illegal act and get hurt as a result, YOU CAN’T SUE ANYBODY or even have them arrested. Learn to read illiterate moron. When you are threatened and people pound your vehicle, that isn’t a threat and you can now defend yourself or merely continue on your way. If you don’t get out of the way, it’s your fault for blocking traffic illegally.

If you decide to run over a person who is “committing an illegal act”, intentionally causing them great bodily harm, you are committing an illegal act and will be arrested. I’m not giving you an opinion. I’m giving you a legal fact. You’re an idiot if you think otherwise and that’s why the Trump loving white supremacist in Charlottesville was given life in prison.

You mean to tell me I cannot run over those annoying panhandler types who are in the traffic lanes looking for handouts? My God, what next? I can't shoot Mormons on my porch?

TDS---hahahhahahahahahah
you must be talking about Obama

This is what Trump's chief of staff said about the press coverage of covid-19. “The reason you’re seeing so much attention to it today is that they think this is going to be the thing that brings down the president. That’s what this is all about it.” Mulvaney said about the covid-19 adding, “The flu kills people. This is not Ebola. It’s not SARS. It’s not MERS. It’s not a death sentence. It’s not the same as the Ebola crisis.”

The medical experts are telling us that we don’t know what the eventual spread will be or how deadly it might turn out to be. Researchers are still studying the new strain of the coronavirus, trying to come up with a vaccine and figuring out exactly how it’s spreading. Just this week, we saw in California the first case of coronavirus infecting a patient without us knowing how it was transmitted.

This is what Trump's son said about covid-19. "We've seen this play out for four years. Anything that they can use to try to hurt Trump, they will. Anything he does in a positive sense, like you heard from the reporter that was just suspended from ABC, they will not give him credit for. The playbook is old at this point.
But for them to try to take a pandemic and seemingly hope that it comes here, and kills millions of people so that they could end Donald Trump's streak of winning, is a new level of sickness. You know, I don't know if this is coronavirus or Trump derangement syndrome, but these people are infected badly
."

Speaking of a "new level of sickness."

Forum List

Back