Trump's Comments About Abortion at the State of the Union Were Historic

I might agree more with conservatives on this subject if they cared even a little bit about the humans these fetus’ turn into.

Imagine the poor black woman who gets pregnant. Let’s call the seed Tyrone. Do republicans care at all about Tyrone after he’s born?
That's convenient....I would care about the innocent life in that woman in the Planned Parenthood office but I don't have to because I know all conservatives don't give a crap about that child once born.

That's just gutless rationalizing using your own bigoted imagination as an excuse to give yourself permission not to give a shit about the child who gets his/her life snuffed out in a profit driven abortion mill.
How fuckin' cowardly is that?
Seriously republican policies all suggest you don’t care about the living only the pre living.

A seed without a formed brain isn’t too precious that a woman shouldn’t be able to go get an abortion.

You know what’s funn? We are two dudes talking about a woman’s right. What do women think? I mean women of birthing age

They would have just got another one.
It's a human child, shithead .

It is now that it’s been born. If it was aborted it wouldn’t be.
How many nine month old fetuses do you see being aborted, unless it is necessary for the health of the mother? "Good grief"!
This is like the tranny in the bathroom argument. They practically don’t exist except for extreme reasons.

I saw a documentary on 3 couples getting late term abortions. I agreed with all of them.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with my dad about morality and having a spouse with Alzheimer’s. Every rational person agrees the guy should be dating while he takes care of his dieing wife. She doesn’t understand the other woman is his girlfriend in fact she doesn’t even know who her husband is. So is that breaking your marriage vows? Hell no. And killing a mongaloid is not murder. Neither is aborting a seed.
Yea, the Tranny bathroom thing is especially disgusting. No one ever heard of a problem about that, until someone in N.C. invented a problem, and to this day, I have yet to see guards posted up in public bathrooms. Isn't that strange? Guess it wasn't really a problem after all. You know, the Right and their absolutely stupid arguments would be funny, except for the fact that these nuts vote.
I might agree more with conservatives on this subject if they cared even a little bit about the humans these fetus’ turn into.

Imagine the poor black woman who gets pregnant. Let’s call the seed Tyrone. Do republicans care at all about Tyrone after he’s born?
Hell no! They could give two shits about the woman or the child. It's all relative with these folks.

This whole abortion conversation is disgusting, because it's all based on a political narrative at the expense of the mother and her own body, and like you said, even worse if the mother is black or brown.
98% of black voters vote democratic. Do they really want Tyrone to grow up and vote democratic?
Exactly! Which is why they purge those voters and close down polls where Tyrone lives. They want Tyrone never to be born or vote. So pro-life? Yea right! What the hell do they think we are smoking? Lol!

That's convenient....I would care about the innocent life in that woman in the Planned Parenthood office but I don't have to because I know all conservatives don't give a crap about that child once born.

That's just gutless rationalizing using your own bigoted imagination as an excuse to give yourself permission not to give a shit about the child who gets his/her life snuffed out in a profit driven abortion mill.
Seriously republican policies all suggest you don’t care about the living only the pre living.

A seed without a formed brain isn’t too precious that a woman shouldn’t be able to go get an abortion.

You know what’s funn? We are two dudes talking about a woman’s right. What do women think? I mean women of birthing age
Exactly! What do we know? Not a damn thing. It's a political narrative about pro-birth, not pro-life anyway, and the male needs to back the hell off from the woman's decision.

Do you want every American to be taken care of if they get cancer even if they don’t have insurance or if it’s a pre existing condition?

How can you be so cavaliers about life?

Agree to healthcare for all I’ll agree abortion isn’t necessary except for the health of the mother.

But that means we pay Medicaid and social security to the parents and child for the rest of the child’s life. I’d agree then.

But you won’t agree mr cavalear
How can you be so ignorant about spelling and grammar? That's my first question and someone who's too lazy and intellectually under powered to compose a simple literate post is also invariably lazy and scrambled in his reasoning about other things.

Such as your deal, which is absurd on it's face. You'll agree some child shouldn't be murdered if I agree that child, and parents, should be supported for the rest of the child's life? That's just idiotic and people shouldn't be killed whether or not they have the rest of their life subsidized. That's fucking lunacy.

If Trump pro-lifers really cared about life, they would have stormed those concentration camps where they were throwing kids in cages. The only ones who rose up to complain were Democrats.

Seriously that's leftist bullshit.
Can you post in English please? In every state abortion within a reasonable time limit is already legal.
Many, many women are pro life. Wake the eff up!
I'll be happy to stop discussing abortion if women want to guarantee only female children will be aborted in the future.
Otherwise males have every right to point out the barbarity of the pro life crowd.

Should only black people have had the right to say slavery was an abomination?

Last edited:
Do you want every American to be taken care of if they get cancer even if they don’t have insurance or if it’s a pre existing condition?

How can you be so cavaliers about life?

Agree to healthcare for all I’ll agree abortion isn’t necessary except for the health of the mother.

But that means we pay Medicaid and social security to the parents and child for the rest of the child’s life. I’d agree then.

But you won’t agree mr cavalear
How can you be so ignorant about spelling and grammar? That's my first question and someone who's too lazy and intellectually under powered to compose a simple literate post is also invariably lazy and scrambled in his reasoning about other things.

Such as your deal, which is absurd on it's face. You'll agree some child shouldn't be murdered if I agree that child, and parents, should be supported for the rest of the child's life? That's just idiotic and people shouldn't be killed whether or not they have the rest of their life subsidized. That's fucking lunacy.
Who’s going to pay for a severely retarded human? You don’t want to have social programs to help the retard through life?

Women who get abortions don’t take it lightly. Still they choose to do it.

Notwithstanding all the hyperbole and greeting card emotion, if a woman is willing to bring a pregnancy to term, I seriously doubt that she would all of a sudden demand an abortion. Whatever is done at this point involves a medical emergency. This is something for the woman and attending medical personnel to decide. Government has no place shouldering into the hospital.

Dentist Savita Halappanavar died of septicemia, an infection she acquired after being denied an abortion during a miscarriage.in Galway, Ireland because of the country's then sicko abortion laws. It took her death to free the Republic of Ireland.

Here in the U.S., let's listen to the experts, so many of whom are members of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and the AMA, not the "medical" advice of a bunch of car dealers who managed to get elected to some public office.

The b!tches in heat showed where they stand on killing babies, in complete contradiction to their human nature as women and potential mothers.

Read much more
Townhall ^ | 02/06/2019

You could sum up in one word why many evangelicals voted for Donald Trump: abortion. It is therefore highly significant that it was Trump who made what might well be the strongest pro-life statement ever in a State of the Union address.

In 2003, President George W. Bush spoke out against partial-birth abortion, saying, “By caring for children who need mentors, and for addicted men and women who need treatment, we are building a more welcoming society -- a culture that values every life. And in this work we must not overlook the weakest among us. I ask you to protect infants at the very hour of their birth and end the practice of partial-birth abortion.”

But Trump took things to another level by rebuking the celebration of New York’s new abortion law and Virginia Gov. Northam’s infanticide comments. The president minced no words.

He said, “There could be no greater contrast to the beautiful image of a mother holding her infant child than the chilling displays our Nation saw in recent days. Lawmakers in New York cheered with delight upon the passage of legislation that would allow a baby to be ripped from the mother's womb moments before birth. These are living, feeling, beautiful babies who will never get the chance to share their love and dreams with the world. And then, we had the case of the Governor of Virginia where he basically stated he would execute a baby after birth.”

So, he first appealed to a mother’s instincts, then contrasted that with the heartlessness of lawmakers cheering a brutal abortion law, then described Gov. Northam’s position for exactly what it was: giving parents the right to “execute a baby after birth.”

This was a significant moment in the history of the pro-life movement.

He continued, “To defend the dignity of every person, I am asking the Congress to pass legislation to prohibit the late-term abortion of children who can feel pain in the mother’s womb. Let us work together to build a culture that cherishes innocent life. And let us reaffirm a fundamental truth: all children -- born and unborn -- are made in the holy image of God.”

o repeat: This was a historic moment.

The president spoke of the personhood of the baby in the womb, thereby declaring that it is not simply a mass of cells. He spoke of the baby’s ability to feel pain, underscoring the cruelty of abortion. He spoke of the unborn as “innocent life,” reminding us of the injustice of abortion. And then he spoke of all children – inside and outside the womb – as made in God’s holy image.

Was Trump simply playing to his base? Was he trying to rally the troops for 2020? Was he sounding religious when he is no such thing?

Perhaps. Perhaps he’s simply saying what his constituents want to hear.

But even if that was the case, it would be still highly significant, given the power of the president’s bully pulpit.

But the truth is that Trump has backed his words with actions.

He has appointed pro-life justices to the courts.

He has signed pro-life bills.

And he has been consistent in his stance throughout his presidency.

In that respect, whether he really means what he says and does is secondary. What matters is that he is both saying it and doing it.

Not surprisingly, there was immediate liberal pushback against comments, with Lydia O’Connor at the Huffington Post proclaiming, “Trump Turns To Absurd Abortion Imagery In State Of The Union Speech."

“The president claimed that a new New York law would ‘allow a baby to be ripped from the mother’s womb moments before birth.’”

O’Connor dismisses Trump’s claims, writing, “what the bill does is expand access to abortion after 24 weeks of pregnancy to women carrying a fetus that cannot live outside the womb. Previously, the procedure was available only to women at that stage of pregnancy if their health was threatened.”

n support of this, she links to another article which notes that, “Under the new law . . . women can also get an abortion after 24 weeks if their health is threatened or the fetus isn’t viable.”

So, the very link provided by O’Connor contradicts her argument and vindicates Trump’s imagery: Right up to the moment of the birth, if an abortion was deemed necessary for the mother’s health, it could be performed.

Why not own up to it?

Why not celebrate it, as the New York lawmakers did?

And, in the spirit of “women’s rights,” why does it matter if the baby is aborted at 8 weeks or at 30 weeks? What is wrong with Trump’s imagery if the baby is still in the womb?

Right now, with the increasing militancy of the pro-abortionists, the pro-life movement is freshly mobilized.

And the roles of President Trump and Vice President Pence have been highly significant as well, with Pence addressing last month’s pro-life rally in person and Trump doing so remotely.

Pence also wrote a stinging response to Gov. Northam’s remarks, which he characterized as “morally reprehensible and evil.”

Against this backdrop, the importance of Trump’s State of the Union comments can hardly be exaggerated, underscoring why many evangelicals voted for him.

How different things would look today had Hillary Clinton been president.
Are you suggesting anti abortionists didn’t make all these arguments right before we decided on roe v Wade?

Republicans here seem sure the scotus is going to legislate from the bench on this one

We have done just fine since we made abortions safe and legal. Why stop a good thing? We’re overpopulated as is.

On another thread republicans are saying we don’t need poor uneducated immigrants coming here. So why would we force poor uneducated Americans to raise children? Who’s gonna pay?

The b!tches in heat showed where they stand on killing babies, in complete contradiction to their human nature as women and potential mothers.

Read much more
Townhall ^ | 02/06/2019

You could sum up in one word why many evangelicals voted for Donald Trump: abortion. It is therefore highly significant that it was Trump who made what might well be the strongest pro-life statement ever in a State of the Union address.

In 2003, President George W. Bush spoke out against partial-birth abortion, saying, “By caring for children who need mentors, and for addicted men and women who need treatment, we are building a more welcoming society -- a culture that values every life. And in this work we must not overlook the weakest among us. I ask you to protect infants at the very hour of their birth and end the practice of partial-birth abortion.”

But Trump took things to another level by rebuking the celebration of New York’s new abortion law and Virginia Gov. Northam’s infanticide comments. The president minced no words.

He said, “There could be no greater contrast to the beautiful image of a mother holding her infant child than the chilling displays our Nation saw in recent days. Lawmakers in New York cheered with delight upon the passage of legislation that would allow a baby to be ripped from the mother's womb moments before birth. These are living, feeling, beautiful babies who will never get the chance to share their love and dreams with the world. And then, we had the case of the Governor of Virginia where he basically stated he would execute a baby after birth.”

So, he first appealed to a mother’s instincts, then contrasted that with the heartlessness of lawmakers cheering a brutal abortion law, then described Gov. Northam’s position for exactly what it was: giving parents the right to “execute a baby after birth.”

He continued, “To defend the dignity of every person, I am asking the Congress to pass legislation to prohibit the late-term abortion of children who can feel pain in the mother’s womb. Let us work together to build a culture that cherishes innocent life. And let us reaffirm a fundamental truth: all children -- born and unborn -- are made in the holy image of God.”

The president spoke of the personhood of the baby in the womb, thereby declaring that it is not simply a mass of cells. He spoke of the baby’s ability to feel pain, underscoring the cruelty of abortion. He spoke of the unborn as “innocent life,” reminding us of the injustice of abortion. And then he spoke of all children – inside and outside the womb – as made in God’s holy image.

Was Trump simply playing to his base? Was he trying to rally the troops for 2020? Was he sounding religious when he is no such thing?

But even if that was the case, it would be still highly significant, given the power of the president’s bully pulpit.

In that respect, whether he really means what he says and does is secondary. What matters is that he is both saying it and doing it.

Not surprisingly, there was immediate liberal pushback against comments, with Lydia O’Connor at the Huffington Post proclaiming, “Trump Turns To Absurd Abortion Imagery In State Of The Union Speech."

“The president claimed that a new New York law would ‘allow a baby to be ripped from the mother’s womb moments before birth.’”

O’Connor dismisses Trump’s claims, writing, “what the bill does is expand access to abortion after 24 weeks of pregnancy to women carrying a fetus that cannot live outside the womb. Previously, the procedure was available only to women at that stage of pregnancy if their health was threatened.”

n support of this, she links to another article which notes that, “Under the new law . . . women can also get an abortion after 24 weeks if their health is threatened or the fetus isn’t viable.”

So, the very link provided by O’Connor contradicts her argument and vindicates Trump’s imagery: Right up to the moment of the birth, if an abortion was deemed necessary for the mother’s health, it could be performed.

Why not own up to it?

And, in the spirit of “women’s rights,” why does it matter if the baby is aborted at 8 weeks or at 30 weeks? What is wrong with Trump’s imagery if the baby is still in the womb?

Right now, with the increasing militancy of the pro-abortionists, the pro-life movement is freshly mobilized.

And the roles of President Trump and Vice President Pence have been highly significant as well, with Pence addressing last month’s pro-life rally in person and Trump doing so remotely.

Pence also wrote a stinging response to Gov. Northam’s remarks, which he characterized as “morally reprehensible and evil.”

Against this backdrop, the importance of Trump’s State of the Union comments can hardly be exaggerated, underscoring why many evangelicals voted for him.

Are you suggesting anti abortionists didn’t make all these arguments right before we decided on roe v Wade?

Republicans here seem sure the scotus is going to legislate from the bench on this one

We have done just fine since we made abortions safe and legal. Why stop a good thing? We’re overpopulated as is.

On another thread republicans are saying we don’t need poor uneducated immigrants coming here. So why would we force poor uneducated Americans to raise children? Who’s gonna pay?

“We”?

Simple....don't like abortion....don't have one. Stop trying to control women's bodies.
But women can control the lives and bodies of men’s babies.
Roe vs Wade = Dred Scott.
Hypocrite.
Not if the man doesn't get the woman pregnant. That door swings open both ways.
That’s moot.
So you will only have sex with a woman, whether wife, girlfriend, bar pick-up, if you want a child? Go ask men about this one. I bet that you would be laughed at.

I was almost not here. My late, and much-loved father had misgivings after watching my mother go through a difficult pregnancy that led to the difficult forceps birth of my older brother and her loss of an ovary. Her doctors wanted to take everything out then. But my mother wanted one more, even though she was in physical pain, and she got him to go along, and then there was ME and she had her organs removed. My father stood by me for the rest of his life, wiping ice cream off my face, whooping my fanny for stepping out behind cars that were backing up, paying for my college tuition in full, caring for my pets while I was in Europe.

Please stop fucking with people's intimate decisions in difficult situations. How did this all become political? To have a child and raise it is a very difficult decision. It should never, ever involve Big Government.

Ph uk the broads. They are an empowered group and yet are to stupid to use protection in our sex crazed nation. Since they have been vaulted as superior to males this makes no sense. This is not 1910 where there was low taxes and no social safety net. We pay through the nose in taxes today. We keep raising taxes and more problems show up. You probably think that things can not change. Mother nature shows up to correct things and will for us at some point in time.

Read much more
Townhall ^ | 02/06/2019

Why not own up to it?

“We”?
What time did you get home from Wrestling last night? Then from 9-10pm you were on USMB. Do you spend any time with your family?

Read much more
Townhall ^ | 02/06/2019

Why not own up to it?

“We”?
Have you heard Republicans saying we don't need poor uneducated foreigners coming here? We should only import smart or rich immigrants who have something to offer they say.

If they don't want poor uneducated immigrants, why would they be clamoring for poor uneducated Americans to have babies who will also turn into poor uneducated Americans and a drain on our finances.

Incarceration rates, food stamps, welfare, free school lunches, free ACA, medicaid. Plus many other costs these people in poverty cost us as a nation.

Ph uk the broads. They are an empowered group and yet are to stupid to use protection in our sex crazed nation. Since they have been vaulted as superior to males this makes no sense. This is not 1910 where there was low taxes and no social safety net. We pay through the nose in taxes today. We keep raising taxes and more problems show up. You probably think that things can not change. Mother nature shows up to correct things and will for us at some point in time.
And you want these dummies breeding?

Read much more
Townhall ^ | 02/06/2019

Why not own up to it?

“We”?
Have you heard Republicans saying we don't need poor uneducated foreigners coming here? ...n.

I’ve heard democrats say that.

Simple....don't like abortion....don't have one. Stop trying to control women's bodies.
Hypocrite.
Not if the man doesn't get the woman pregnant. That door swings open both ways.
That’s moot.
So you will only have sex with a woman, whether wife, girlfriend, bar pick-up, if you want a child? Go ask men about this one. I bet that you would be laughed at.

I was almost not here. My late, and much-loved father had misgivings after watching my mother go through a difficult pregnancy that led to the difficult forceps birth of my older brother and her loss of an ovary. Her doctors wanted to take everything out then. But my mother wanted one more, even though she was in physical pain, and she got him to go along, and then there was ME and she had her organs removed. My father stood by me for the rest of his life, wiping ice cream off my face, whooping my fanny for stepping out behind cars that were backing up, paying for my college tuition in full, caring for my pets while I was in Europe.

Please stop fucking with people's intimate decisions in difficult situations. How did this all become political? To have a child and raise it is a very difficult decision. It should never, ever involve Big Government.
Grown ups know the risk of pregnancy upon having sex regardless of whether pregnancy is intended or not.

Hypocrite.

Nailed it!

4046-1459265962-02b56a4281234fcab3741a732f97ff83.jpg

Forum List

Back