Trump's Classified Disclosure Is Shocking But Legal

Do you know Scooter Libby?

Maybe you have a stick up your butt. I call that the truth.
He wasn't convicted of anything dealing with classified material.

I do know Clinton....her case is somewhat akin to this, but for she had no authority to declassify anything, had it on an illegal server, that was less secure then if she had it on google (according to Comey), and hide them for years....she was never actively working to turn over anything the way Trump was.

He wasn't convicted of anything dealing with classified material.

I do know Clinton....her case is somewhat akin to this, but for she had no authority to declassify anything, had it on an illegal server, that was less secure then if she had it on google (according to Comey), and hide them for years....she was never actively working to turn over anything the way Trump was.
Perjury by a lawyer is willfully lying against their oath to uphold the Constitution.

Perjury by a lawyer is willfully lying against their oath to uphold the Constitution.
hahah no it’s not

perjury is perjury…a crime

lack of cantor to the court isn’t a crime but likely will get you in trouble with the bar

hahah no it’s not

lack of cantor to the court isn’t a crime but likely will get you in trouble with the bar
You can't skirt the truth. Licensing requires an oath. Perjury is an act of swearing a false oath or falsifying an affirmation to tell the truth.

So what you don't understand or refuse to understand is Trump's lawyers are not willing to perjure themselves. No if ands or buts about it.

Trumps excuses are such obvious falsehoods, it's amazing that he get his dimwit supporters to try and back them up. It just makes you sound uneducated and gullible. Yes, Trump had the power to declassify. If he did declassify everything he took to Maralago then all he has to do is show it. He obviously didn't and is using that as a excuse following potential legal trouble. Wake up man, its like talking to a child

Written in 2017 by liberal Harvard law professor Noah Feldman.

... The president, however, has inherent constitutional authority to declassify information at will. And that means the federal laws that criminalize the disclosure of classified secrets don’t apply to him.
It would be nice to say that, just as the president authorizes classification through a formal executive order, he should have to issue a similar statement to declassify. But that’s probably too formalistic. In constitutional terms, an executive order is just a presidential order reduced to writing for the benefit of the rest of the executive branch. The president likely can’t be bound by an executive order, whether his or an order from the proceeding president.

Written in 2017 by liberal Harvard law professor Noah Feldman.

... The president, however, has inherent constitutional authority to declassify information at will. And that means the federal laws that criminalize the disclosure of classified secrets don’t apply to him.
It would be nice to say that, just as the president authorizes classification through a formal executive order, he should have to issue a similar statement to declassify. But that’s probably too formalistic. In constitutional terms, an executive order is just a presidential order reduced to writing for the benefit of the rest of the executive branch. The president likely can’t be bound by an executive order, whether his or an order from the proceeding president.

The president, however, has inherent constitutional authority to declassify information at will. And that means the federal laws that criminalize the disclosure of classified secrets don’t apply to him. Do you know the meaning of logical deductive reasoning, because this thread of yours does not apply?

The president, however, has inherent constitutional authority to declassify information at will. And that means the federal laws that criminalize the disclosure of classified secrets don’t apply to him. Do you know the meaning of logical deductive reasoning, because this thread of yours does not apply?
Trump isn't the president any more. True he would not be liable for taking documents with him as president. But now that he isnt president he doesn’t not have the right To Keep government documents and secrets. If he declassified those documents as president then all he has to do is show that he did so.

hahah no it’s not

Just take a look at what happens with Trump lawyers when they perjure themselves...

He took his oath and chucked it. Next month in October he will find out if he can keep his law license.

Just take a look at what happens with Trump lawyers when they perjure themselves...

He took his oath and chucked it. Next month in October he will find out if he can keep his law license.

That's not perjury.

Trumps excuses are such obvious falsehoods, it's amazing that he get his dimwit supporters to try and back them up. It just makes you sound uneducated and gullible. Yes, Trump had the power to declassify. If he did declassify everything he took to Maralago then all he has to do is show it. He obviously didn't and is using that as a excuse following potential legal trouble. Wake up man, its like talking to a child
I don't disagree that he is likely in violation of the PRA...that's not a crime though. He should of made sure everything they was turned over right away

Twist it. Don't believe it. Deny it.

Tell me Trump didn't persuade Rudy to lie and it backfired. Now he may lose his license via disbar.
I am not twisting anything...perjury and lack of candor by a lawyer are two totally different things.

I have no idea what they discussed, it's attorney client privledged....maybe that's why Xiden conducted his Stalinist raid of Trump's home to get those information.....we know he took a lot of attorney client priv stuff

How else does he declassify documents? As far as i can tell, there is no written procedure for which a president declassifies materials. He does not need to report to a pencil pusher who works for him to do it, nor does he need a witness to oversee the process. If I am wrong, post the official procedure.

Indeed, by an EO signed by Øbama, there is no procedure a President needs to follow.

In fact, Øbama, after leaving office, stored classified documents in an insecure warehouse in Chicago and his Foundation had to pay the Archive to remove them to a safe location.

But it is highly likely that there are still classified documents stored in that warehouse.

I am not twisting anything...perjury and lack of candor by a lawyer are two totally different things.

I have no idea what they discussed, it's attorney client privledged....maybe that's why Xiden conducted his Stalinist raid of Trump's home to get those information.....we know he took a lot of attorney client priv stuff
I know what perjure is. Why would a lawyer, in this case, lie and perjure himself and face disbar?

I know what perjure is. Why would a lawyer, in this case, lie and perjure himself and face disbar?
then why do you continue to use the term incorrectly?

i’m not sure why a lawyer what lie in a case.
why did clinton’s lawyer lie about their involvement in the russian hoax? why do cops like? like mccabe? i can’t answer those questions

Forum List

Back