Trumps Axios Interview

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
Can any Trump supporter honestly say they are proud of how Trump answered questions in this interview? He either dodged, spun, or outright lied in almost every statement.

If Trump is doing so well then why can’t he Just honestly address these topics?!

please don’t give your opinion if you haven’t watched the interview. I’m not interested in ignorant talking points.

Can any Trump supporter honestly say they are proud of how Trump answered questions in this interview? He either dodged, spun, or outright lied in almost every statement.

If Trump is doing so well then why can’t he Just honestly address these topics?!

please don’t give your opinion if you haven’t watched the interview. I’m not interested in ignorant talking points.

You're not going to get someone who has sold their soul to this guy to back out now.

He has no shame, they have no shame.

You're not going to get someone who has sold their soul to this guy to back out now.

Sad but true... I am so curious about how his supporters feel when they watch an interview like this where he is either clearly lying for political purposes or insanely ignorant to the realities to the situation. I guess don’t expect them to honestly express their feelings on this board but bit maybe there is an honest soul out there willing to share their perspective.

I have a couple friends who were Trump
Supporters ready to vote for him this November that are now disgusted by him by the way he has handled this health crisis.

He refused to say anything unequivocally positive about John Lewis...because he snubbed him at Trump's inaugural.

Of note he also snubbed GWB who was at the funeral

It didn't hurt that it made his racist base very happy I suppose

Sad but true... I am so curious about how his supporters feel when they watch an interview like this where he is either clearly lying for political purposes or insanely ignorant to the realities to the situation. I guess don’t expect them to honestly express their feelings on this board but bit maybe there is an honest soul out there willing to share their perspective.

Supporters ready to vote for him this November that are now disgusted by him by the way he has handled this health crisis.

Yet, i bet they still vote for him. So few will admit they made such a yuge mistake!

Trump supporters have likewise dodged, spun, or outright lied in defense of Trump; so yes, they're very proud of him.

Well, that's the question for me, most of the time. Do people like this really believe the stuff they say, or are they just playing some political version of professional wrestling?

I can say this: When I talk to Trumpsters face to face, the fear and paranoia in their eyes certainly seems real. They've been literally conditioned over the last 30 years to believe everything they're told in their world, and that's exactly what they're doing.

Look at that poll I ran a few weeks ago: 42 people here alone (at least) really do think that Trump is the only thing standing between them and literal communism. The tanks would roll in the minute Biden was inaugurated. When you're that frightened, I guess you'll just defend anything else that your hero says or does.

He refused to say anything unequivocally positive about John Lewis...because he snubbed him at Trump's inaugural.

Of note he also snubbed GWB who was at the funeral

It didn't hurt that it made his racist base very happy I suppose
I don’t expect him to sing Lewis praise, if he did it would be totally insincere but the way he answered that question and made it all about him just shows how egotistical and unaware he is. All he had to say is that he and Lewis had differences but he was a transformative figure for the Black community and will be missed by many. Easy. But no he had to get in a pissing contest and brag about how great he has been for the blacks. WTF?!

Trump is the first US...so called....president that really does not have a soul. He has no conscious. He shows no empathy. He is a shell....a Con Man....who has played the greatest con game on the US ever...History will record what a useless POS that he is....Thousands of people have died due to his Gross Incompetence and lack of character.

If you still support trump....grab a mirror and look in it at a Fool.

Well, that's the question for me, most of the time. Do people like this really believe the stuff they say, or are they just playing some political version of professional wrestling?

I can say this: When I talk to Trumpsters face to face, the fear and paranoia in their eyes certainly seems real. They've been literally conditioned over the last 30 years to believe everything they're told in their world, and that's exactly what they're doing.

Look at that poll I ran a few weeks ago: 42 people here alone (at least) really do think that Trump is the only thing standing between them and literal communism. The tanks would roll in the minute Biden was inaugurated. When you're that frightened, I guess you'll just defend anything else that your hero says or does.

That’s a good point. The wingnuts on both sides have made the slippery slope the forefront of people’s fears and have pushEd the moderates that can actually produce results into the background. It’s the root of the majority of our issues... grounded in corruption around campaign financing and a drama hungry media IMO

Not a good interview for him. He has done this a few times now, fumbling through papers as he tries to show that the U.S. is handling the virus well compared to other countries.

When death per population is brought up and it is shown that we're doing worse than most other countries.

"Well...well...you can't do that. You have to go by, you have to go by, look...here's the United States. You have to go by cases."

Terrible.

Yet, i bet they still vote for him. So few will admit they made such a yuge mistake!

Damn right we're voting for Trump again. I saw the entire interview. The interviewer just couldn't get past the democrat talking points. I can give you one example:
The US has so many infected because we test much more than other countries. That is a fact, yet the democrats don't grasp it. Here is the explanation:
1. Other countries do not test until the person enters the hospital with symptoms.
Take India for example, 20m tests and 15,000 tests/1m people, 1.9m cases found.
The US did 61m tests, and 186,000 tests/1m people, 4.9m cases found.
So it is not surprising that in the US we found many more cases (3x) by testing 10x more people per million.
In India there are many more "asymptomatic" or "mildly symptomatic" cases undetected, that would show positive in the US.

2. Trump's handling of the pandemic is totally dependent on citizens mitigating risk. If people party and don't social distance, and have covid parties, then the infection spreads. If people act responsibly, and wear masks, the pandemic can be reduced, see the attached chart. Trump can only lead the horses to water, he can't make them drink.
1596580576693.png

Damn right we're voting for Trump again. I saw the entire interview. The interviewer just couldn't get past the democrat talking points. I can give you one example:
The US has so many infected because we test much more than other countries. That is a fact, yet the democrats don't grasp it. Here is the explanation:
1. Other countries do not test until the person enters the hospital with symptoms.
So it is not surprising that in the US we found many more cases (3x) by testing 10x more people per million.
In India there are many more "asymptomatic" or "mildly symptomatic" cases undetected, that would show positive in the US.

2. Trump's handling of the pandemic is totally dependent on citizens mitigating risk. If people party and don't social distance, and have covid parties, then the infection spreads. If people act responsibly, and wear masks, the pandemic can be reduced, see the attached chart. Trump can only lead the horses to water, he can't make them drink.
View attachment 371221
You actually make two good points, I'm glad you chimed in. More testing is going to Statistically show more cases that is true. It it also gives opportunity to slow the spread as identifying cases leads to quarantine, early treatment and contact tracing which ultimately leads to less cases over time. The interviewer, who is very middle of the road and spends a lot of time on Fox, was asking about the death rate in relation to population which really is a more relevant stat. Trump, first failed to explain how we are "over testing" by referencing some unnamed books and manuals, and then he said the only death stats that we can look at are deaths per cases... This makes no sense. Be honest... It really makes no sense.

2. I totally agree about mitigating risk and this is where I think Trump has made his biggest misstep of leadership. He isn't leading horses to water, he is leading them to slaughter. He has been downplaying this virus from the beginning. Instead of being honest about the seriousness of the situation he has tried to dismiss it and score political points. He hasn't promoted masks or social distancing. And guess what, people ignore that stuff and the virus spreads. He has held the largest group event since the shutdown with the Tulsa rally, where hardly anybody wore a mask, and then Tulsa spiked in cases a few weeks later. That is crazy. It took him 3 months to finally say people should wear a mask. He had a few measured prepared statements about it and then went right back to his "Open it all up" attitude. That is just crazy and irresponsible. Do you not see it? Did you not see how he spun and lied through out that entire interview?

Last edited:

View attachment 371221
You actually make two good points, I'm glad you chimed in. More testing is going to Statistically show more cases that is true. It it also gives opportunity to slow the spread as identifying cases leads to quarantine, early treatment and contact tracing which ultimately leads to less cases over time. The interviewer, who is very middle of the road and spends a lot of time on Fox, was asking about the death rate in relation to population with really is a more relevant stat. Trump, first failed to explain how we are "over testing" by referencing some unnamed books and manuals, and then he said the only death stats that we can look at are deaths per cases... This makes no sense. Be honest... It really makes no sense.

2. I totally agree about mitigating risk and this is where I think Trump has made his biggest misstep of leadership. He isn't leading horses to water, he is leading them to slaughter. He has been downplaying this virus from the beginning. Instead of being honest about the seriousness of the situation he has tried to dismiss it and score political points. He hasn't promoted masks or social distancing. He has held the largest group event since the shutdown with the Tulsa rally and then Tulsa spiked in cases a few weeks later. Thats crazy. It took him 3 months to finally say people should wear a mask. He had a few measured and read statements about and then when right back to his "Open it all up" attitude. That is just crazy and irresponsible. Do you not see it? Did you not see how he spun and lied through out that entire interview?

1. I watch FXN all day and don't recall ever seeing the Brit interviewer. He's from Axios. The death rate needs to be adjusted over time for many factors. First Cuomo sent covid patients to nursing homes and killed off about 35,000. So we need to adjust for that. Then we are getting much better treatments now, convalescent plasma, Remdesavire, etc. So I agree with Trump that looking at the death reduction over time is critical going forward. The doctors are getting much better at treatments. So looking at old death rates is meaningless. I also prefer deaths/cases/month to see the true trend. Be honest, that makes sense for trending curves.

2. We disagree. Trump has multiple responsibilities, he needs to address COVID-19 and keep the US economy up and running. I agree with Trump. He is doing a much better job with the pandemic and the economy than Biden could do, and you know it. Biden can't find his ass with both hands.

The death rate needs to be adjusted over time for many factors. First Cuomo sent covid patients to nursing homes and killed off about 35,000.
Bullshit. The total number of dead even NOW in NY is 35,000. Nursing home patients only accounted for 7500 and many of those were in homes that did not have patients sent back to them

So your math is as fucked up as your opinions

Oh and Cuomo was following FEDERAL guidelines (that's the Trump Admin sweetie) as were 12 other states in that regard.

Last edited:
Yea, Everyone is so shocked that the Dystopiocrats have accused Trump of being a racist......again.
It will be the same dirty demagogue tactic tomorrow, and the next day.
It's tiresome and very predicable.

The US has so many infected because we test much more than other countries. That is a fact,
we have so many infected because we were careless...in opening too soon and not mandating masks

Testing only exposed the numbers of infected
Bullshit. Sweden never closed and they're back to normal. So its not the shutdown that matters. Its the masks, distancing, and behavior.
There were covid parties that killed people. There were beach parties that killed people. There were BLM marches that killed people. There were bars open, and on and on and on.
The people need to modify their behaviors to beat this pandemic. A president saying something doesn't matter if the people are non-complient.
It looks like we're finally on the right track. I think people want the kids back in school and football season.
This is the US daily cases graph. It rose during the BLM marches, and is now falling. Lets hope people comply and wear masks.
1596583626624.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back