Trump

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
As this person in the White House continues to start absolutely unnecessary fires damn near every time he speaks or tweets, it's easy to just sit there and shake your head. I've started to post in half a dozen threads this morning, and I just stop, because sometimes I run out of words to describe what is happening here.

So for those who, like me, are seeing a few too many reminders of the 30's and 40's, I offer this reminder:

This really isn't about Trump. He is just a symptom, a symbol. A vessel. Prior to the day he came down the escalator, these people had been worked up into such a frenzy of anger, frustration and paranoia by their "media" that all it took to express itself was the right person. Trump was just the right person at just the right time. As we have also seen in history.

Remember the posts on this board about how Trump was tossing a grenade into the system? How he was the bull in the china shop? That's all manifesting in real time. So when he goes full autocrat, when he acts like a petulant child, when he blatantly ignores the rules, when he attacks other Americans in the most vicious terms that his limited vocabulary can muster, he is simply being the living embodiment of their anger, frustration and paranoia. Fuck it, let it burn, eat this.

They would rather see it all burn down than exist in whatever horrible dystopian future their tortured minds have conjured. Really.

Anyway, I'm guessing that won't help much, but what the hell. We'll get past this.

kyzr

Platinum Member
Reaction score
"This" is the new political normal. Get used to it. Ultra-partisan. Sarcastic. Unyielding.
Trump voters are generally happy with Trump's 1st four years. The most anger generated is at the Obama admin's Crossfire Hurricane scandal, the Mueller Investigation, and the deep state's opposition to "populism" and bringing jobs back to the US.
We need another four years of Trump to get the US back to where it should be, and not some "green" nanny state.

candycorn

Alis volat propriis
Reaction score
1 in 4 Americans are out of work. We're $5T more in debt than when the blob took office. And the blob is more concerned about Twitter pointing out that he is tweeting lies than fixing either one of these problems.

We need 4 more years of that? Nope.

sparky

Gold Member
Reaction score
So when he goes full autocrat, when he acts like a petulant child, when he blatantly ignores the rules, when he attacks other Americans in the most vicious terms that his limited vocabulary can muster, he is simply being the living embodiment of their anger, frustration and paranoia. Fuck it, let it burn, eat this.
sells like hotcakes to an already angry populace Mac

and yes, it's easy to copy/paste historic value

~S~

Erinwltr

Gold Member
Reaction score
As this person in the White House continues to start absolutely unnecessary fires damn near every time he speaks or tweets, it's easy to just sit there and shake your head. I've started to post in half a dozen threads this morning, and I just stop, because sometimes I run out of words to describe what is happening here.

So for those who, like me, are seeing a few too many reminders of the 30's and 40's, I offer this reminder:

This really isn't about Trump. He is just a symptom, a symbol. A vessel. Prior to the day he came down the escalator, these people had been worked up into such a frenzy of anger, frustration and paranoia by their "media" that all it took to express itself was the right person. Trump was just the right person at just the right time. As we have also seen in history.

Remember the posts on this board about how Trump was tossing a grenade into the system? How he was the bull in the china shop? That's all manifesting in real time. So when he goes full autocrat, when he acts like a petulant child, when he blatantly ignores the rules, when he attacks other Americans in the most vicious terms that his limited vocabulary can muster, he is simply being the living embodiment of their anger, frustration and paranoia. Fuck it, let it burn, eat this.

They would rather see it all burn down than exist in whatever horrible dystopian future their tortured minds have conjured. Really.

Anyway, I'm guessing that won't help much, but what the hell. We'll get past this.
It's the Outrage Train at high steam. Twitter is the engine, Trump the conductor, and his 8o million followers are riding in the train cars yucking it up, cheering him on, and deep throating all of his lies and hollow promises.

sparky

Gold Member
Reaction score
Consider politics have always had a bogeyman , either foreign or domestic

They may be, or may not even be a real threat, they may be totally contrived

Then consider the average populace would hop around on one foot and bark like a dog if governance told them to

~S~

OP
Mac1958

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Reaction score
have you realized that this IS what fascism looks like, yet?
The problem is that once we start tossing around the "-isms", the conversation will almost inevitably head straight to the playground.

But I do think it's fair to identify similarities to history, particularly our worst history, and use them as warning signs.

What we do have is a significant percentage of our population aggressively defending, supporting and enabling a bold, brash, pugilistic, nationalistic, autocratic strongman, and that sure as hell warrants a red flag or two.

Norman

Gold Member
Reaction score
Which of Mac's snowflake sensibilities did the greatest president in history offend this time?

Is it the brilliant ending to the 230 excuse, after Twatter "fact checked" the great president's opinion tweet using opinion pieces?

Go Ceasar Trump!

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 in 4 Americans are out of work. We're $5T more in debt than when the blob took office. And the blob is more concerned about Twitter pointing out that he is tweeting lies than fixing either one of these problems.

We need 4 more years of that? Nope.
You're a silly person.

No one is blaming Trump for the virus other than for political propaganda. The lockdowns were bipartisan. The Democrats are trying to extend them to cause further damage.

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yes, our war mongering, corporate empire was so much better before captain clorox.
Obama was a sellout. A horrible president. But he had the best words and a big smile. Thats what matters.
Bush junior invaded a country to find WMDs that we sold them a couple decades before. Mass death. Innocents burned and shot to death. But he too had the best words and a family name. Thats what matters.
Dont get me wrong, I cant stand Trump. But to be so delusional as to think it was better before, is bullshit. Same level of crazy, in different ways.

playtime

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Controlled Mass Media
Sometimes to media is directly controlled by the government, but in other cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or sympathetic media spokespeople and executives. Censorship, especially in war time, is very common.

Obsession with Crime and Punishment
Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws. The people are often willing to overlook police abuses and even forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism. There is often a national police force with virtually unlimited power in fascist nations.

The 14 Characteristics of Fascism, by Lawrence Britt, Spring 2003

fd59541c5aff96072bfb22fa1f795519.jpg

OP
Mac1958

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Reaction score
  • Thanks
Reactions: IM2

miketx

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Butthurt never ending cry baby

iceberg

Gold Member
Reaction score

Fires were already started with the double standards from the left. We can't continue to bitch at one side for being a Firestarter and excuse the other.

That's how we got Trump.

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Reaction score
Which of Mac's snowflake sensibilities did the greatest president in history offend this time?

Is it the brilliant ending to the 230 excuse, after Twatter "fact checked" the great president's opinion tweet using opinion pieces?

Go Ceasar Trump!
Do forums require fairness, anywhere in the rules of 230?

Does USMBs forum require fairness by law?

NO!!

Trump is an imbecile... And an authoritarian wannabe... And you all praise him for abusing his govt power.... God Almighty, you guys are lost.... :(

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List