Trump would be 'very disappointed' in Kim Jong Un if North Korea is rebuilding launch site

Thanks to our protection of the last 60 years. As I said. This would not be the case, had we not maintained a present there. North Korea would have overrun the south. And, even today, the south could not prevent millions of deaths from NOKO artliiery.

So...again...you use the fruits of this effort as a reason the effort is not required? That is self evidently absurd, and I see reason to give any more reply to this anti intellectual nonsense.

1) Are SK's conventional forces FAR more powerful than NK's? Yes or no?
2) Where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that NK could kill 'millions' of South Koreans with 'shelling' if it chose to?

BTW - I take it you have never heard of 'counter-battery fire' AND/OR 'air attacks with precision-guided munitions'? The South would wipe out the North's 'vaunted' guns long before they could do much damage...no matter how well they concealed them.

Oops, you forgot the most important part:

AND if north Korea stopped being a belligerent police state, constantly threatening all of its neighbors, raping, plundering, and starving i's own population, in order to maintain a self proclaimed divine authoritarianism which would ensure that very little of the fruits of any free trade agreements would not filter down to it's population (they have proven this many times over).

You keep leaving this part out. I wonder why? In reading your posts, it seems you don't even acknowledge this crucial part of the state of affairs. That is odd. I would even say, dishonest.

If this doesn't change? Yes they will still be our enemy.

1) Yes, NK treats it's citizens like shit.
So does Saudi Arabia...especially it's women. It murders foreigners (brutally) and gets into wars with it's neighbors (like Yemen that helped cause mass famine). I don't hear you neocons calling for an overthrow of that regime. Interesting.
2) You did not answer my question - why exactly would NK hate America if America had no troops in SK, had no sanctions in place and had normal trading relations with NK?

Last edited:
Is SK's conventional forces FAR more powerful than NK's? Yes or no?
I already answered that question, I thought: yes, thanks to our protection. That's three times now.
Where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that NK could kill 'millions' of South Koreans with 'shelling' if it chose to?
Sorry. I should say, "threaten".
I don't hear you neocons calling for an overthrow of that regime.
You also don't hear me calling for an overthrow of the Kim regime, so...
why exactly would NK hate America is America had no troops in SK, had no sanctions in place and had normal trading relations with it?

Well, an entire country trained since preschool to do so isn't suddenly going to stop, for one. Second, as already posted to you, your question is lacking, without a change in North korea's behavior as well. We're not going to normalize with this belligerent, evil regime, without their behavior changing. Nor should we. Yes, North Korea will still hate us, even if we so stupidly do what you suggest without a change in their behavior. Why would they stop? It won!

I already answered that question, I thought: yes, thanks to our protection. That's three times now.
So you admit that South Korea can adequately defend itself against North Korea conventional attack without American assistance? Yes or no?
Sorry. I should say, "threaten".
LOL...WELL DUH. Anyone can threaten to do anything. Sheesh. You neocons...:cuckoo:
Well, an entire country trained since preschool to do so isn't suddenly going to stop, for one. Second, as already posted to you, your question is lacking, without a change in North korea's behavior as well. We're not going to normalize with this belligerent, evil regime, without their behavior changing. Nor should we. Yes, North Korea will still hate us, even if we so stupidly do what you suggest without a change in their behavior. Why would they stop? It won!

So, your argument is that North Koreans are so brainwashed that even if America stopped supporting SK and ended sanctions and began normal relations/trading with them...that most/all North Koreans would still hate America?

And where is your link to unbiased, factual proof of this?

Or are you - like seemingly everything you say on this subject - just talking off of the top of your head?

o you admit that South Korea can conventionally defend itself against North Korea without American assistance? Yes or no?
No. North korea is not a rational actor. We need to stay right where we are.
So, your argument is that North Koreans are so brainwashed that even if America stopped supporting SK and ended sanctions and began normal relations/trading with them...that most/all North Koreans would still hate America?

And where is your link to unbiased, proof of this?
I don't have to "prove" that 100% of them will. It's simply a fact that they are brainwashed this way since pre-school. surely you know that. And you are asking me to place bets, not "unleash divine wisdom", so saying I can't be "100% sure" doesn't really undermine my opinions.. Feel free to argue that they WILL just "stop hating us". Have at it.

No. North korea is not a rational actor. We need to stay right where we are.
So, even though you freely admit that South Korea has a FAR more powerful, conventional military than NK does...you want to waste billions of American dollars and station tens of thousands of US military personnel away from home - in perpetuity, 'just in case'.

face-with-rolling-eyes.png

So noted.
I don't have to "prove" that 100% of them will. It's simply a fact that they are brainwashed this way since pre-school. surely you know that. And you are asking me to place bets, not "unleash divine wisdom", so saying I can't be "100% sure" doesn't really undermine my opinions.. Feel free to argue that they WILL just "stop hating us". Have at it.
LOL...you have not proven ANY of them will. As per normal for you in this discussion...you are obviously just guessing/wishful thinking.

I am going on human history. Historically, human beings stop hating people when they no longer have a concrete reason to hate them. That is common sense.
If you don't understand that...you have MUCH larger problems than just ignorance of the Korean peninsula.

To sum up. You have provided ZERO, factual evidence of ANY kind about this 'hatred' you say NK'ers have for Americans...just neocon fantasies.

You have been schooled and subsequently admitted that SK can take care of herself militarily...but you want to waste American dollars/troops over there 'just in case'. More neocon nonsense.

And you have provided zero, factual evidence that NK is America's 'enemy'.

So basically...you have proven zip - other than your lack of knowledge (on world affairs), maturity and possibly emotional stability.

Let me know when you start to make arguments based on reality and not neocon fantasies, please.

We are done here...for now.

Have a nice day.

Forum List

Back