Trump will have vast powers. He can thank Democrats for them.

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Why are Libs frightened of Trump Presidency?

Because they know the bast owers he will have at hos disposal and the precedences Obama established that will allow Trump to use them - as Barry did - if he chooses to do so:

"Liberals are understandably panicked about what Donald Trump can carry out.

“We have a president-elect with authoritarian tendencies assuming a presidency that has never been more powerful ,” Franklin Foer wrote this past week in Slate. Trump will command not only a massive nuclear arsenal and the most robust military in history, but also the ability to wage numerous wars in secret and without congressional authorization; a ubiquitous system of electronic surveillance that can reach most forms of human communication and activity; and countless methods for shielding himself from judicial accountability, congressional oversight and the rule of law — exactly what the Constitution was created to prevent.

Trump assumes the presidency “at the peak of its imperial powers,” as Foer wrote.

...beginning in his first month in office and continuing through today, Obama not only continued many of the most extreme executive-power policies he once condemned, but in many casesstrengthened and extended them. His administration detained terrorism suspects without due process, proposed new frameworks to keep them locked up without trial, targeted thousands of individuals (including a U.S. citizen) for execution by drone, invoked secrecy doctrines to shield torture and eavesdropping programs from judicial review, and covertly expanded the nation’s mass electronic surveillance.

Blinded by the belief that Obama was too benevolent and benign to abuse his office, and drowning in partisan loyalties at the expense of political principles, Democrats consecrated this framework with their acquiescence and, often, their explicit approval. This is the unrestrained set of powers Trump will inherit. The president-elect frightens them, so they are now alarmed. But if they want to know whom to blame, they should look in the mirror."

Thanks for all the cool powers at Trump's disposal now, Barry!

Since most of the meat puppet faggot's "accomplishments" are Executive Orders, most of his idiotic bullshit can be erased or fixed.

I'm skeptical Trump will do much to roll back the regressive agenda though. As long as he gets the border unfucked, and leaves my guns alone I be happy.

Because they know the bast owers he will have at hos disposal and the precedences Obama established that will allow Trump to use them - as Barry did - if he chooses to do so:

“We have a president-elect with authoritarian tendencies assuming a presidency that has never been more powerful ,” Franklin Foer wrote this past week in Slate. Trump will command not only a massive nuclear arsenal and the most robust military in history, but also the ability to wage numerous wars in secret and without congressional authorization; a ubiquitous system of electronic surveillance that can reach most forms of human communication and activity; and countless methods for shielding himself from judicial accountability, congressional oversight and the rule of law — exactly what the Constitution was created to prevent.

Trump assumes the presidency “at the peak of its imperial powers,” as Foer wrote.

...beginning in his first month in office and continuing through today, Obama not only continued many of the most extreme executive-power policies he once condemned, but in many casesstrengthened and extended them. His administration detained terrorism suspects without due process, proposed new frameworks to keep them locked up without trial, targeted thousands of individuals (including a U.S. citizen) for execution by drone, invoked secrecy doctrines to shield torture and eavesdropping programs from judicial review, and covertly expanded the nation’s mass electronic surveillance.

Blinded by the belief that Obama was too benevolent and benign to abuse his office, and drowning in partisan loyalties at the expense of political principles, Democrats consecrated this framework with their acquiescence and, often, their explicit approval. This is the unrestrained set of powers Trump will inherit. The president-elect frightens them, so they are now alarmed. But if they want to know whom to blame, they should look in the mirror."

Yes. Hopefully the trumpster will use those powers to end the over steps of previous admins, and then END the State of Emergency that allows EO's to even exist.

Since most of the meat puppet faggot's "accomplishments" are Executive Orders, most of his idiotic bullshit can be erased or fixed.

I'm skeptical Trump will do much to roll back the regressive agenda though. As long as he gets the border unfucked, and leaves my guns alone I be happy.

I agree with what you said but I think he can greatly stimulate the economy with lower taxes and fewer regulations.

It won't take much to fix the economy after Obama' miserable failure. Anyone could.

Don't count on any of that.

easyt65
Not if Constitutionalists stop Trump from overstepping govt limits and separation of powers.

With ACA the left and right in opposition couldn't get their act together to agree what to replace it with.
So this lack of concerted agreement was taken as a YES for consenting to it,
when in fact both sides really say NO.
It's neither singlepayer nor is it free market, and neither side agrees to pay corporate interest trillions under ACA.

What left and right need to do is unite to say NO
to unconstitutional mandates and policies,
even if they don't all agree to alternatives.

We can say NO to abortion laws that violate substantive due process,
but still disagre e on right to life, prochoice and abortion laws we want or don't want.

We can say NO to marriage laws or bathroom policies that go too far,
but still dis agree what they should be replaced with or revised to correct the overreaching.

I'd say we need to unite on Constitutional limits on federal govt,
stick to that where we DO agree,
and revert areas we don't
back to people and states, and keep
these OUT of federal govt.

And guess what, Trump should AGREE
since he's pushing to downside federal govt.

So push the social programs and contested agenda
back to states where these belong.

Allow taxpayers to fund either their state programs
and deduct from federal taxes, or bypass whatever
they don't agree with their state and pay taxes
to federal programs and be under those instead.

States can streamline this allocation of state vs federal funding
by party, and taking the funds and proportionally granting them
to parties to work their own terms of distributing to members under those plans.

So if taxpayers pay in under Democrats' plans, when the taxes
come to the state from federal, they go through Democrat channels.
And same with Republicans.

RWS how about this

Hopefully he will do much more. There are already articles out there stating our trading partners are shaking in their boots.

Unleashing the power of our border patrol would be nice as well. Get ICE to be more aggressive with illegals. Use executive order to put Kate's Bill into law and punish those cities that continue to be sanctuary.

There are a lot of things Trump can do just with the laws we have today that have been put on hold by DumBama and others. And just for fun, make a law that says motorists are not criminally responsible if they have to run over protesters blocking the road. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

It's all the democrat's fault.......riiight. We got this unitary executive shit because the Neo-cons played divide and conquer on America where anyone who did not like it was branded a terrorist sympathizer. Next time some pussy lib is trying to warn of unintended consequences maybe you people will listen. Who am I kidding? When Trump decides he wants more power you people will give it to him and find some horrible label to put on anyone who doesn't like it.

It's all the democrat's fault.......riiight. We got this unitary executive shit because the Neo-cons played divide and conquer on America where anyone who did not like it was branded a terrorist sympathizer. Next time some pussy lib is trying to warn of unintended consequences maybe you people will listen. Who am I kidding? When Trump decides he wants more power you people will give it to him and find some horrible label to put on anyone who doesn't like it.

YEAH! Now that's a good idea. We'll just say it's Bush's fault!

true.jpg

YEAH! Now that's a good idea. We'll just say it's Bush's fault!
It was. Even the OP acknowledges that all the expanded powers Obama allegedly abused were expanded during the Bush years. It's also important to note that during the Obama years the executive expanded into the power vacuum created when congress decided to not govern anymore.

AWESOME! I am looking forward to God Emperor Trump. Not having an election in 2020 would be just fine with me!

It was. Even the OP acknowledges that all the expanded powers Obama allegedly abused were expanded during the Bush years. It's also important to note that during the Obama years the executive expanded into the power vacuum created when congress decided to not govern anymore.

"Folks, I know liberals like every square inch of my beautiful naked body."
Rush Limbaugh

AWESOME! I am looking forward to God Emperor Trump. Not having an election in 2020 would be just fine with me!
View attachment 98292

Hory sheet, only 2 mana! :eek:
That is five mana dude, a red, white and blue with 2 colorless.

Trump may be many things,but he isnt cheap!
Only the worst kind of loser knows a damned thing about fantasy role playing games, have you ever actually seen a vagina? In person, I mean.

Only the worst kind of loser knows a damned thing about fantasy role playing games, have you ever actually seen a vagina? In person, I mean.
I see that you axed me a question, but can you reword it in English this time?

And the card is not from a fantasy role playing game, dumbass.

And yes, I have seen lots of vaginas in my life, and most of the them are white male Dimocrats.

I see that you axed me a question, but can you reword it in English this time?

And the card is not from a fantasy role playing game, dumbass.
It's from some sort of game that virgins play instead of having a life. I wouldn't know I have an actual life.

Forum List

Back