Trump was right again...New York Attorney General files lawsuit to dissolve NRA

"we're young. we don't know real pain. i'm just a fucking kid. it was terrifying. some folks had autism. when officers arrived, they didn't know how to put their hands up" - Dave Hogg

I noted what I thought about her addressing this in the courts so with that out of the way.......

highlighted misspending and self-dealing allegations that have roiled the NRA and its longtime leader, Wayne LaPierre, in recent years — from hair and makeup for his wife to a $17 million post-employment contract for himself.

Is this really what the donors had in mind when they sent them their money? It's all good because you got your engraved pocket knife?

Oops.....maybe she does have a legal standing.

Simultaneously, the Washington, D.C., attorney general sued the NRA Foundation, a charitable arm of the organization designed to provide programs for firearm safety, marksmanship and hunting safety, accusing it of diverting funds to the NRA to help pay for lavish spending by its top executives.

She will have to prove this but there are restrictions placed on non profits and it is the state's place to monitor that.

It does seem as if she does have a successful track record.

James is taking aim at the NRA after her office last year dismantled President Donald Trump’s charitable foundation and fined him $2 million to settle allegations he used donations meant for worthy causes to further his own business and political interests.

This was where he was screwing over veterans right?

New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA

It's always good to have more info than a brief video blurb.
Give us a break bitch

LOL, a break about what? What exactly do you disagree with? Why is it so common for people to do what you did? If you disagree with something I said, state why.

You can go after the guy who stole, you can't tell citizens that the organization must be dissolved. What crimes are they committing?

I do not know exactly how non profit rules work and I expect you do not either. It seems that this is exactly what she did to address Trump's corruption. It must have been legal.

This is political obviously. There is a concerted effort it seems to destroy conservative organizations, voters and those who support the old system of your Constitution.

So there is no possibility that the laws and rules concerning non profits have been broken?
It comes down to select enforcement of the law. You expect a certain percentage of all organizations, whether liberal or conservative, to have some amount of corruption, and if the only ones being targeted are conservative, then it can be safely said that politics is in play.

I have never advocated for selective enforcement. I do not expect or accept any level of corruption. Sadly many indeed do.

Are there politics involved here? It's certainly possible but if there was something illegal done it should still be addressed.
That goes without saying.

FORE!!! British open move to Trumps golf course Do any of you dumb repub fks know what the emolument clause means ? This Trump POS is making millions off his presidency and his asshole supporters here say he's losing ???
Waah waah waah take a Midol
The second week of November you`re going to need more than that.
Why, I will still have border protection, a great economy, a great job, law and order, good 401k growth, jobs in the US, the end of the virus hoax.....and all you will have is a droopy poll and crying libbers
Brownie Think I'm crying?
+$257,211.94 (2.18%)
Day Change
+$4,233,707.63 (54.23%)
YTD Change

The NRA isn't going anywhere. Hell after the fleecing labor Unions did to its members one shouldn't be throwing stones.

The NRA isn't going anywhere. Hell after the fleecing labor Unions did to its members one shouldn't be throwing stones.
Trump said they should move to Texas Guess they like crooks and thieves like the NRA leaders and Trump there

Great news. Nobody is above the law. Charitable donations are not meant to fund a 5 star lifestyle.

So Tommy, does this not also apply to the Clinton, Gore, Kennedy........ foundations as well, or, as you see it, only to those you disagree with? So tell us what are your thoughts as to the appropriate compensation package for foundation executives? What percentage of foundation income do you believe should be administrative expense?
Above what law, applied toward whom?

The NewYork DA might have a point.

It makes no difference if the Unions are more corrupt or how corrupt the Left is, all they need to do is find a tiny amount of corruption in the NRA and they can prevail.

My opinion is they will find enough to severely damage and weaken the NRA.
We'll see.

You just have to see the bigger picture is all. Americans MUST be disarmed for the entire Agenda21 thing and all the other plans to work.
Non negotiable.
I would be more surprised to see this dismissed than for it to prevail.

Personally, I do believe there has been a lot of funds abuse at the NRA. But, we'll see.

Justice should not apply to one political group exclusively.

If all corruption on the left is ignored, then all corruption on the right should also be ignored.

Is total EQUALITY too much to ask?

civil war? i hope not!

I watched her press conference.

If what she says is true, which I don't have any reason to not believe it, my question is why there aren't any indictments?

These people have been stealing and committing crimes for years. They belong in prison for their theft, fraud and crimes.

They have been stealing from those people who contribute to the nra. That money was supposed to be spent on the organization. Instead it went to the bank accounts of 3 people in that organization. They basically used the nra as their own personal play fund. They used it for vacations, trips and personal spending. That's not what that money is for.

They are getting off lightly as far as I'm concerned.

Guess what? The nra isn't the second amendment and no legal weapon owner is going to lose their weapon.

Stop with the hysterics and lies.

I have no idea what any of this is about. I heard one remark concerning the NRA but I have no idea what it is concerning. What are we supposed to take from this?

This is a better source:

New York AG seeks to dissolve NRA in new lawsuit

New York Attorney General Letitia James announced Thursday that her office has filed a lawsuit against the National Rifle Association and its leadership, including Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, looking to dissolve the organization.

James accused the organization of having "a culture of self-dealing," taking millions of dollars for personal use and granting contracts that benefited leaders' family and associates.

"The NRA's influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets," James said in a statement. "The NRA is fraught with fraud and abuse, which is why, today, we seek to dissolve the NRA, because no organization is above the law."

Thank you. This helps. She is wasting the taxpayers money. If they are taking millions for personal use (which I agree they do) that is an internal and member issue.

If you want to read the truth click the link below:

bullets flying through classrooms. students getting killed while trying to get an education and secure their future. THAT'S NOT OK!

DEFUND NRA! DEFUND NRA! DEFUND NRA!

civil war? i hope not!

Holy Toledo. What a great favor to Trump in an election year.

Most Americans have an unfavorable opinion.
i would guess if the New York charges are rock solid, more people would have a negative opinions. I mean, why would any condone criminal conduct of basically using money that wasn’t going to the destination it was claim to go. But instead went into officers pockets, that is theft.
l

Another poll for the poll smokers. Please.
civil war? i hope not!

Holy Toledo. What a great favor to Trump in an election year.

I gotta agree How many people do you think belong the NRA?? You can bet they won't be voting for foot in mouth Biden. LOL

About 5,000,000 members, with 100,000,000+ adult supporters.

That said, all sides have lazy voters.

I have no idea what any of this is about. I heard one remark concerning the NRA but I have no idea what it is concerning. What are we supposed to take from this?
Conservatives have a real tough time identifying fraud when it comes to the NRA. It seems like Trump, they can do no wrong.

So every member of the NRA is engaged in fraud? How silly of you.

Go after anyone involved in fraud. Can we dissolve every corporation in which a major executive or CEO is charged with fraud?

She's a power hungry, alt-left political hack as far as I am concerned.
Let scumbags steal millions as long as they're YOUR scumbags The republican way

It's an internal matter. If they want to live in luxury off the backs of the donors that is on the donors. It's all open for all to see.

They broke the law.

There are laws for non profit organizations. Both on the state and federal level and the nra broke a bunch of them.

Read the link I posted earlier in the thread.

As far as I'm concerned they belong in prison for their crimes.

If I was a member of the nra I would be pissed that my money was stolen. That money was supposed to pay for training and lobbyists. Instead it went to the bank accounts of 3 men and paid for things like makeup for lapierre's wife. Vacations to the Bahamas. Golf trips and other personal spending.

lapierre even has a contract that includes 17 million to be paid to him after he leaves the company.

It's all donations by people like you who give that money in hopes that they will defend your rights and help train people to use weapons safely.

Conservatives have a real tough time identifying fraud when it comes to the NRA. It seems like Trump, they can do no wrong.

Go after anyone involved in fraud. Can we dissolve every corporation in which a major executive or CEO is charged with fraud?

It's an internal matter. If they want to live in luxury off the backs of the donors that is on the donors. It's all open for all to see.

They broke the law.

There are laws for non profit organizations. Both on the state and federal level and the nra broke a bunch of them.

If I was a member of the nra I would be pissed that my money was stolen. That money was supposed to pay for training and lobbyists. Instead it went to the bank accounts of 3 men and paid for things like makeup for lapierre's wife. Vacations to the Bahamas. Golf trips and other personal spending.

lapierre even has a contract that includes 17 million to be paid to him after he leaves the company.

It's all donations by people like you who give that money in hopes that they will defend your rights and help train people to use weapons safely.
Billy K got taken again

They broke the law.

Democrat run organizations do the same thing they’re not being attacked this is political terrorism..
and terrorist should be treated like shit

Forum List

Back