Trump was right again...New York Attorney General files lawsuit to dissolve NRA

I have no idea what any of this is about. I heard one remark concerning the NRA but I have no idea what it is concerning. What are we supposed to take from this?

• Banned
I have no idea what any of this is about. I heard one remark concerning the NRA but I have no idea what it is concerning. What are we supposed to take from this?
the title is clear...but since this is breaking news, there are not any articles about it yet except this video

This is a better source:

New York AG seeks to dissolve NRA in new lawsuit

New York Attorney General Letitia James announced Thursday that her office has filed a lawsuit against the National Rifle Association and its leadership, including Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, looking to dissolve the organization.

James accused the organization of having "a culture of self-dealing," taking millions of dollars for personal use and granting contracts that benefited leaders' family and associates.

"The NRA's influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets," James said in a statement. "The NRA is fraught with fraud and abuse, which is why, today, we seek to dissolve the NRA, because no organization is above the law."

This is a better source:

New York Attorney General Letitia James announced Thursday that her office has filed a lawsuit against the National Rifle Association and its leadership, including Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, looking to dissolve the organization.

James accused the organization of having "a culture of self-dealing," taking millions of dollars for personal use and granting contracts that benefited leaders' family and associates.

"The NRA's influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets," James said in a statement. "The NRA is fraught with fraud and abuse, which is why, today, we seek to dissolve the NRA, because no organization is above the law."

Thank you. This helps. She is wasting the taxpayers money. If they are taking millions for personal use (which I agree they do) that is an internal and member issue.

• Banned
the women's march on washington was so protected, and the parkland kids march also was so protected by security, these anti-gun kids like Hogg are so privileged!

New York’s attorney general is seeking to dissolve the National Rifle Association after an 18-month investigation found widespread fraud and abuse.

Attorney General Letitia James claims in a lawsuit filed Thursday that her investigators found financial misconducted that contributed to a loss of more than $64 million over a three-year period, reported NPR.

This is a better source:

Thank you. This helps. She is wasting the taxpayers money. If they are taking millions for personal use (which I agree they do) that is an internal and member issue.

One I believe they've already fought out.

like no other tragedy before it, my friends, Parkland changed America...when we met Hogg and Kyle And Kasky on our TV's, we were reminded of Columbine

This is a better source:

Even if they are successful, something will take it's place.

civil war? i hope not!

No civil war over the NRA, that is certain. They do not own the guns. We do. Most of us do not belong to the NRA and really do not care. They are a big politically active mouthpiece, not necessarily for us gun owners but for the weapons marketers and prone to emotional appeal rather than logical appeal, throwing up or exaggerating a threat to garner revenue to fight the threat, primarily to the advantage of the weapon makers and marketers.

New Topics

Forum List

Back