Trump wants to cover pre-existing conditions!!

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
President Donald Trump said that in the next two weeks he'd be working on an executive order to require health insurance companies to cover those with preexisting conditions.
This requirement — that insurers cover those with pre-existing conditions — is already law, and it has been since the 2010 passage of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare.

---------------------------------------
how he can be so dumb.

EXECUTIVE ORDER. REQUIRING
50:40
HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES TO
50:41
COVER ALL PRE EXISTING
50:42
CONDITIONS. FOR ALL OF ITS
50:44
CUSTOMERS. THIS IS NEVER BEEN
50:47
DONE BEFORE BUT IT'S TIME THE
50:48

PEOPLE OF OUR COUNTRY ARE

50:50
PROPERLY REPRESENTED. AND
50:52
PROPERLY TAKEN CARE OF.
--------------------------------------------------

i wonder just how many poorly educated deplorables believe him? no doubt, more than we would think possible.

howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................ upright thinking bipeds will remember the biggest reason the house flipped - was exactly because if the ACA goes away, so does the (already implemented) pre existing protection built into the ACA.

how many people in this country doesn't have one? i remember hearing horror stories of people being turned down for insurance or having to pay stratospheric premiums because of one.

Pre-existing conditions coverage was the hardest part of Obamacare.

Just requiring that insurers cover pre-existing conditions is not the answer. People will just go without coverage and then once they get cancer, demand coverage.

That is why there was the individual mandate

Just requiring that insurers cover pre-existing conditions is not the answer. People will just go without coverage and then once they get cancer, demand coverage.

Yep. They're two sides of the same corrupt coin.

If we're going to cover pre existing conditions, we need to physically screen everyone who we allow into this country. Bye bye dreamers and all you other illegal aliens. We're not accepting damaged goods.

If we're going to cover pre existing conditions, we need to physically screen everyone who we allow into this country. Bye bye dreamers and all you other illegal aliens. We're not accepting damaged goods.

We don't screen people anymore about their PECS (questionnaires a mile long) and the the US citizens are the damaged goods. If you don't have a PEC, in a matter of time you will.

We already cover pre-existing conditions and Dreamers and illegals are going nowhere.

The mandate was widely ignored including by myself for eight years, as I was forced to go without health insurance as premiums skyrocketed because of ACA. Guess what? I self exempted successfully for Obama's entire term legally through the tax code because of the lack of affordability. This self exemption was available for a variety of reasons and programmed into all the various Tax preparation web sites. Anyone who paid the fine was a moron that didn't understand the tax code.
I have great private insurance now through my wife and would never sign on to a public option.

But most reputable insurance companies will not write a policy outside of of open enrollment unless someone has a special enrollment circumstance and then if they cannot prove it they will not get insurance. We have many call during the year wanting insurance because they are all of a sudden having health problems and after asking a few special enrollment questions it's a big NO and call back during open enrollment. Then they go out an purchase some off the wall, basically scam insurance and find out nothing is covered. Although short term policies can be had at anytime they do not cover pre existing conditions and believe me if you see a doc after you've gotten one they will find every reason in the world to not pay.

You just don't know, do you?

The mandate was widely ignored including by myself for eight years, as I was forced to go without health insurance as premiums skyrocketed because of ACA. Guess what? I self exempted successfully for Obama's entire term legally through the tax code because of the lack of affordability. This self exemption was available for a variety of reasons and programmed into all the various Tax preparation web sites. Anyone who paid the fine was a moron that didn't understand the tax code.
I have great private insurance now through my wife and would never sign on to a public option.

Most people didn't know about those loopholes, I believe there were 54 of them.

Your wife's policy is ACA.

No they didn't and if you knew a thing about the ACA you would not say this, you could of been on the ACA. So you don't have ins. (so we have to pay for you not insuring yourself, how nice of you) so now you have your wifes ins.

So you depend on your wifes ins, ins are to cover pre-existing conditions if you are on the ACA or not.

Unless like another poster said, unless they are short term and cover nothing.

Last edited:

Yet a major part of the premiums are covered by her employer which wasn't available to me before marriage.
I received a letter at the beginning of ACA stating I qualified for help with premiums, yet when I went onto site my help came to 0.00 because of where I live and gross income. I sure as hell couldn't afford to cover a premium that amounted to half my mortgage payment, so I opted out. The mandate was useless.

But most reputable insurance companies will not write a policy outside of of open enrollment unless someone has a special enrollment circumstance and then if they cannot prove it they will not get insurance. We have many call during the year wanting insurance because they are all of a sudden having health problems and after asking a few special enrollment questions it's a big NO and call back during open enrollment. Then they go out an purchase some off the wall, basically scam insurance and find out nothing is covered. Although short term policies can be had at anytime they do not cover pre existing conditions and believe me if you see a doc after you've gotten one they will find every reason in the world to not pay.
What coverage of pre existing conditions would be like under Trumps executive order

New Topics

Forum List

Back