Trump wants to cover pre-existing conditions!!

New Trump administration regulations released earlier this year have undermined the coverage protections in the ACA by making it possible for insurers to renew often skimpy short-term health insurance for up to three years, and for small businesses to form associations that sell substandard health plans. One of the reasons insurers can charge low premiums for these plans is that they generally cover less that ACA-compliant plans and insurers can deny them to people with diabetes or a history of cancer, for example. Only healthy people get these plans. And the more healthy people who buy them, the more expensive coverage becomes for people with a history of illness who buy their own insurance and have incomes too high to qualify for marketplace subsidies. In guidance released last week, the administration will allow states to further encourage the sale of these plans by letting people use federal subsidies to buy them.

yep. those shitty policies are the same kind that were marketed pre ACA days.

& the whole ACA is in peril with it being struck down in its entirety. the lawsuit, starting in texas (of course) has moved thru the courts & is in front of the supremes right now - based on the argument that if the individual mandate has been ruled 'unconstitutional' then the whole thing must be, & therefore abolished.

fingers-crossed.

which will leave a lotta trump humpers dead in the water.
double bonus

by all means - please join them.

No thanks. Hmmm.... it seems like you're trying to make a point.

am i?
Just random key-mashing?

pretty much, ya. you aren't worthy of much debating about the ACA - you made that clear, so now i'm just biding time until the water for my pasta starts boiling.

Pre-existing conditions coverage was the hardest part of Obamacare.

Just requiring that insurers cover pre-existing conditions is not the answer. People will just go without coverage and then once they get cancer, demand coverage.

That is why there was the individual mandate
The individual mandate was unconstitutional until Judge Roberts rewrote the ACA for Obama, making it a tax increase.

Well its cheaper than ins, but you want to be uncovered, so taxpayers pick up your tab.
Actually Obamacare made millions lose their coverage and the deductibles were so high you might as well pay for your treatment in cash.

Just requiring that insurers cover pre-existing conditions is not the answer. People will just go without coverage and then once they get cancer, demand coverage.

The individual mandate was unconstitutional until Judge Roberts rewrote the ACA for Obama, making it a tax increase.

Well its cheaper than ins, but you want to be uncovered, so taxpayers pick up your tab.
Actually Obamacare made millions lose their coverage and the deductibles were so high you might as well pay for your treatment in cash.
That’s why so many people dropped their coverage. Oh wait...

D9EEAE2D-E30A-41C4-9149-3C3036FE5427.png

New Trump administration regulations released earlier this year have undermined the coverage protections in the ACA by making it possible for insurers to renew often skimpy short-term health insurance for up to three years, and for small businesses to form associations that sell substandard health plans. One of the reasons insurers can charge low premiums for these plans is that they generally cover less that ACA-compliant plans and insurers can deny them to people with diabetes or a history of cancer, for example. Only healthy people get these plans. And the more healthy people who buy them, the more expensive coverage becomes for people with a history of illness who buy their own insurance and have incomes too high to qualify for marketplace subsidies. In guidance released last week, the administration will allow states to further encourage the sale of these plans by letting people use federal subsidies to buy them.

& the whole ACA is in peril with it being struck down in its entirety. the lawsuit, starting in texas (of course) has moved thru the courts & is in front of the supremes right now - based on the argument that if the individual mandate has been ruled 'unconstitutional' then the whole thing must be, & therefore abolished.

fingers-crossed.

double bonus

am i?
Just random key-mashing?

pretty much, ya. you aren't worthy of much debating about the ACA - you made that clear, so now i'm just biding time until the water for my pasta starts boiling.
I figured it was something like that. Nothing you were saying made much sense. Enjoy your pasta!

That’s why so many people dropped their coverage. Oh wait...

View attachment 376630
Yep.....they waited a few years...the delay was timed not to hit before the 2012 election.....but when the new ACA rules started kicking in 2013, millions of people lost their coverage because their insurance didn't qualify anymore. I remember all of the sudden my insurance premiums doubled. My insurance also stopped covering specific treatments. In the last few years, the costs of drugs has skyrocketed. Mostly because of rules in Obamacare. No wonder John McCain voted repealing the ACA down. He was getting kickbacks from somebody.

The mandate was widely ignored including by myself for eight years, as I was forced to go without health insurance as premiums skyrocketed because of ACA. Guess what? I self exempted successfully for Obama's entire term legally through the tax code because of the lack of affordability. This self exemption was available for a variety of reasons and programmed into all the various Tax preparation web sites. Anyone who paid the fine was a moron that didn't understand the tax code.
I have great private insurance now through my wife and would never sign on to a public option.

Most people didn't know about those loopholes, I believe there were 54 of them.

Your wife's policy is ACA.

The mandate was widely ignored including by myself for eight years, as I was forced to go without health insurance as premiums skyrocketed because of ACA. Guess what? I self exempted successfully for Obama's entire term legally through the tax code because of the lack of affordability. This self exemption was available for a variety of reasons and programmed into all the various Tax preparation web sites. Anyone who paid the fine was a moron that didn't understand the tax code.
I have great private insurance now through my wife and would never sign on to a public option.

Most people didn't know about those loopholes, I believe there were 54 of them.

Your wife's policy is ACA.
Yet a major part of the premiums are covered by her employer which wasn't available to me before marriage.
I received a letter at the beginning of ACA stating I qualified for help with premiums, yet when I went onto site my help came to 0.00 because of where I live and gross income. I sure as hell couldn't afford to cover a premium that amounted to half my mortgage payment, so I opted out. The mandate was useless.

So you made too much money??
Too little to afford it, too much for premium relief according to the same government entity. It was literally a choice between coverage I didn't use or blowing off other financial obligations. I paid out of pocket for any doctors visits, which was my only option. Luckily nothing major happened.
The main carriers of insurance dropped out of MNSure leaving only 3 which had ridiculous premiums with crappy coverage. Would have added up to 25% of my net income just for the premium which is why I was able to claim the self exemption with the IRS.

Get a job.
Piss off bitch. I do work that would make your lazy ass cry and your body ache with pain.

fingers-crossed.

double bonus

am i?
Just random key-mashing?

I figured it was something like that. Nothing you were saying made much sense. Enjoy your pasta!

thanx - i did.

bigley.

btw - nothing logical makes sense in that methane filled bubble of which you reside.

Forum List

Back