Trump visit unites Iraqi politicians - they hate Trump

Iraqi leaders denounce Trump visit to US troops

Iraqi political and militia leaders have condemned US President Donald Trump's unannounced trip to Iraq as a violation of their country's sovereignty.

In a surprise visit to US troops, Trump on Wednesday landed at an airbase west of the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, where he thanked the soldiers for their service.

Sabah al-Saadi, the leader of the Islah parliamentary bloc, called for an emergency session of the Iraqi parliament "to discuss this blatant violation of Iraq's sovereignty and to stop these aggressive actions by Trump who should know his limits: The US occupation of Iraq is over".

It isnt a colony.

He's commander n chief of US forces in Iraq. Whats with the Iraqi leaders? are they morons ? It was a wise move by Trump not showing his hand. You never know which guy wearing an Iraqi military uniform is going to shoot you in the back. Funny they protest the guy who is now beginning to be the least aggressive president in the region as he is pulling troops out of Syria and Afghanistan. Iraqi Leaders should be happy they dont live under the boot heel of Saddam and his sons.
Sounds to me like a bunch of bluster to make themselves look strong in front of their own military and people though. You pretty much know they have to do that.
Because Iraq has done so well since the US invasion looking for bogus WMDs ?

Iraqi political and militia leaders have condemned US President Donald Trump's unannounced trip to Iraq as a violation of their country's sovereignty.

In a surprise visit to US troops, Trump on Wednesday landed at an airbase west of the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, where he thanked the soldiers for their service.

Sabah al-Saadi, the leader of the Islah parliamentary bloc, called for an emergency session of the Iraqi parliament "to discuss this blatant violation of Iraq's sovereignty and to stop these aggressive actions by Trump who should know his limits: The US occupation of Iraq is over".

It isnt a colony.

He's commander n chief of US forces in Iraq. Whats with the Iraqi leaders? are they morons ? It was a wise move by Trump not showing his hand. You never know which guy wearing an Iraqi military uniform is going to shoot you in the back. Funny they protest the guy who is now beginning to be the least aggressive president in the region as he is pulling troops out of Syria and Afghanistan. Iraqi Leaders should be happy they dont live under the boot heel of Saddam and his sons.
Sounds to me like a bunch of bluster to make themselves look strong in front of their own military and people though. You pretty much know they have to do that.

everyone knows a mistake was made with WMDs, but the fact still remains, afterwards we had to stay because the Iraqi government needed us to stay. The people currently in power are personally far better off than they would have been under Saddam, so if there are improvements to be made in Iraq, which I'm sure there obviously are, those very same people in charge now find themselves in a place power to get it done.
What remains to be seen though is if they will be any better than every other ME strongman who typically only looks out for #1

It isnt a colony.

everyone knows a mistake was made with WMDs, but the fact still remains, afterwards we had to stay because the Iraqi government needed us to stay. The people currently in power are personally far better off than they would have been under Saddam, so if there are improvements to be made in Iraq, which I'm sure there obviously are, those very same people in charge now find themselves in a place power to get it done.
What remains to be seen though is if they will be any better than every other ME strongman who typically only looks out for #1
I dont think it was a mistake. I think the invasion was a deliberate bonehead policy. We can all agree that Saddam was a shit.
But the allies went into Iraq without any plan whatsoever. And here we are today. Bush and Blair should fry for the mess they created.

Trump is CiC of this nation's military and if the Iraqi leadership doesn't like him visiting his troops they can fuck off
It would be better if your troops fuck off from the country where they are not particularly greeted.

Forum List

Back