Trump very unpopular with general electorate

Donald Trump Is Really Unpopular With General Election Voters

He spells doom for the GOP in November. But the GOP has no choice.
Hillary is more unpopular.

Nope.

While she has high negatives, the candidate with consistently the highest negatives has been Trump.
Yup, he does. Let's see though how those negatives continue before we jump the gun. Trump is if nothing else resilient.

It seems that Trump is a dynamo with the low information Repubs. We are yet to see how that transfers to the General.

Nope.

While she has high negatives, the candidate with consistently the highest negatives has been Trump.
Yup, he does. Let's see though how those negatives continue before we jump the gun. Trump is if nothing else resilient.

It seems that Trump is a dynamo with the low information Repubs. We are yet to see how that transfers to the General.
Apparently....every Democrat voter is low-information.
All they need to know is which party the scumbag belongs to. That's it.

Nope.

So Trump rubs people the wrong way and Hillary lies to us and has no problem with being a massive security risk, and you support her.
That makes alot of sense.

That is the classic definition of low-information voter you know.

What's your source for that? Your puss filled brain doesn't count.

Trump's support comes primarily from blue collar, lower income people with low levels of education.

I wouldn't call them low information voters.

However, he does worse amongst educated, higher-income voters, even in the Republican Party.

His support are the Reagan Democrats, which is also a big block for Clinton.

Because of this, I think Trump is a bigger threat to Hillary than Cruz. (But less than Rubio).

But given that 3% of blacks said they would vote for him, and has 70%+ negative ratings amongst Hispanics, it's hard to see him winning the general.

What's your source for that? Your puss filled brain doesn't count.

Trump's support comes primarily from blue collar, lower income people with low levels of education.

However, he does worse amongst educated, higher-income voters, even in the Republican Party.

Because of this, I think Trump is a bigger threat to Hillary than Cruz. (But less than Rubio).

But given that 3% of blacks said they would vote for him, and has 70%+ negative ratings amongst Hispanics, it's hard to see him winning the general.
I don't care if he has a 70% negative rating with Hispanics. What matters is what his rating is with legal voters who are Hispanic. He's getting half of them to vote for him. Many of them don't like illegal immigration either.

Nope.

So Trump rubs people the wrong way and Hillary has no problem with being a massive security risk, and you support her.

I have a big problem with Hillary. That's why I'll vote for her only if Trump is the nominee.

Trump is that bad.

I'd rather have the corrupt woman than the unstable, thin-skinned, narcissistic, offensive, uniformed egomaniac.

I don't care if he has a 70% negative rating with Hispanics. What matters is what his rating is with legal voters who are Hispanic. He's getting half of them to vote for him. Many of them don't like illegal immigration either.

Hey, you keep telling yourself that.

So, Mister Trump, tell us what you thought about Romney's self-deportation immigration plan.

In the 2012 presidential election, Romney won 27 percent of the Latino vote, well behind President Obama at 71 percent. Romney's performance also fell short of other recent GOP presidential candidates. In the 2008 election, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) won 31 percent of the Latino vote; in 2004, President George W. Bush won 44 percent

Trump said Democrats won the Latino vote in the last election because they appeared more welcoming.

"The Democrats didn't have a policy for dealing with illegal immigrants, but what they did have going for them is they weren't mean-spirited about it," Trump said. "They didn't know what the policy was, but what they were is they were kind."​

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...mp-calls-romney-self-deportation-policy-crazy

And what do you think of Mexican immigrants today, Mr. Trump?

“When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best,” ... “They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people,​

Trump stands by statements on Mexican illegal immigrants, surprised by backlash | Fox News

Yup, that'll win him more than the 27% of the Hispanic vote Romney won.

And remember to blame voter fraud when Trump gets crushed in the general.

Good luck!

Nope.

So Trump rubs people the wrong way and Hillary has no problem with being a massive security risk, and you support her.

I have a big problem with Hillary. That's why I'll vote for her only if Trump is the nominee.

Trump is that bad.

I'd rather have the corrupt woman than the unstable, thin-skinned, narcissistic, offensive, uniformed egomaniac.
And you must be an idiot. Just because Trump has been ravaged by the press and by his opposition, it doesn't mean he's as bad as a known liar and known disaster waiting to happen.

I've already served under a Clinton administration in the military. I hate to have to serve as a Department of Defense employee under another one.

If you think Hillary is bad now, just wait till she gets that power back. She'll be the closest thing to a dictator you'll ever see. She's rotten to the core and a danger to the security to this nation. You'd put a bitch like that into that kind of power so she can turn on her enemies, specifically Republicans, turn their lives into a living Hell. She thinks the only enemy we have is you, a Republican. You would vote for her?

You must be insane.

So, Mister Trump, tell us what you thought about Romney's self-deportation immigration plan.

In the 2012 presidential election, Romney won 27 percent of the Latino vote, well behind President Obama at 71 percent. Romney's performance also fell short of other recent GOP presidential candidates. In the 2008 election, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) won 31 percent of the Latino vote; in 2004, President George W. Bush won 44 percent

Trump said Democrats won the Latino vote in the last election because they appeared more welcoming.

"The Democrats didn't have a policy for dealing with illegal immigrants, but what they did have going for them is they weren't mean-spirited about it," Trump said. "They didn't know what the policy was, but what they were is they were kind."​

Trump calls Romney immigration plan 'crazy'

“When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best,” ... “They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people,​

Trump stands by statements on Mexican illegal immigrants, surprised by backlash | Fox News

Good luck!
You really think that Trump will lose to Hillary?

I know every other Republican will, but not Trump. He has a better chance than any candidate we've ever had, mainly because of his support in New York. If he wins New York the Democrats are screwed.

Quite the contrary.

I do see a path for victory for Trump in that he could rally those blue collar folks you disdain so much by speaking to their concerns.

The people who have seen their jobs go to China or Mexico could be attracted to Trump, if Hillary is seen as the candidate of the people sending them there.

My bigger concern about Trump is again, we live in a society that mistakes celebrity for Merit, and most people couldn't tell you who Marco Rubio is but know who "The Donald" is after 30 years of shameless self-promotion.

Quite the contrary.

I do see a path for victory for Trump in that he could rally those blue collar folks you disdain so much by speaking to their concerns.

The people who have seen their jobs go to China or Mexico could be attracted to Trump, if Hillary is seen as the candidate of the people sending them there.

My bigger concern about Trump is again, we live in a society that mistakes celebrity for Merit, and most people couldn't tell you who Marco Rubio is but know who "The Donald" is after 30 years of shameless self-promotion.

Because Trump is going to lose minorities in a record way, he's going to win Reagan-esque majorities of whites. And that's not going to happen.

Trump calls Romney immigration plan 'crazy'

Good luck!
You really think that Trump will lose to Hillary?

I know every other Republican will, but not Trump. He has a better chance than any candidate we've ever had, mainly because of his support in New York. If he wins New York the Democrats are screwed.

Trump consistently does worse v Hillary in polls than Rubio or Cruz.

You probably thought all the polls were biased and skewed in 2012 too.

No, they won't vote against him ... they just won't vote.
Silly boing, but go ahead and believe that.

Yeah, they'll vote for him just like they came out to vote for Mittens. McCain and Mittens, both moderates posing as conservatives. Trump aligns more with left policies, posing as a Republican. Remember how McCain and Mittens won?

Derrrr.
Then you want a dem to win, obviously.

Your logic pairs well with morons. Try again.
Says the moron. :lol: Yeah, they will vote against Trump before not voting at all.

You are dumber than you appear and that's saying something.

People who will not vote for Trump because they believe he leans far more left than he pretends WILL NOT turn around and vote for "I will protect obama's legacy" clinton; they simple will not vote.

You're delusional that you believe otherwise.

:itsok:

Silly boing, but go ahead and believe that.

Yeah, they'll vote for him just like they came out to vote for Mittens. McCain and Mittens, both moderates posing as conservatives. Trump aligns more with left policies, posing as a Republican. Remember how McCain and Mittens won?

Derrrr.
Then you want a dem to win, obviously.

Your logic pairs well with morons. Try again.
Says the moron. :lol: Yeah, they will vote against Trump before not voting at all.

You are dumber than you appear and that's saying something.

People who will not vote for Trump because they believe he leans far more left than he pretends WILL NOT turn around and vote for "I will protect obama's legacy" clinton; they simple will not vote.

You're delusional that you believe otherwise.:itsok:
It is no longer about leaning left, you silly, it is about Trump himself. He is loved and hated, and those Republicans hating him will not sit down. Many Pubs in the last month have told me in Austin and SLC they will vote for HRC before they let HRC be president. They hate Trump more than Hillary.

Forum List

Back