Trump used the DOJ to investigate members of Congress, their families and even a minor child.

The thing is, we don't know if you mean "the truth" ought to have been known long before 22 months had passed or if you mean the truth was already obvious and not a day should have been spent investigating it?
Haha, well if you didn’t know that then all you have to do is ask and I’ll clarify/elaborate.

I think there was cause to investigate and I think the investigation shouldn’t have lasted more than a few months… especially with the results that it yielded
Asking you is what I just did.

OK, so you think the investigation was necessary/worthy but you don't like the results? Is "sour grapes" the expression that sums it up?
Are you intentionally misreading my statements? I’m not speaking cryptically. I never said I didn’t like the results. The results were what they were. I said it took way too much time
Yes, you are. Maybe not intentionally but you are.

trump was pushing the bogus birther theory as far back as 2011, years before Hillary Clinton entered the race to win the Democratic nomination.

Ummmmm......she pushed it in 2008 when she entered the race to win the Democratic nomination.
In what way did she push it?

1623610178490.png

The original smear against Obama was that he was a crypto-Muslim, floated in 2004 by perennial Illinois political candidate and serial litigant Andy Martin. Other related versions of this theory alleged that Obama was educated in an Indonesian “madrassa” or steeped in Islamist ideology from a young age, and the theories began to spread virally after Obama appeared on the national stage – to the casual observer, from nowhere – with his early 2007 presidential campaign announcement. (See: Obama kin: Birther rumors 'a shame')

All through that year, the Obama campaign – with the affirmation of most leaders of both parties – aggressively battled that smear by emphasizing his Christian faith. Obama’s controversial but emphatically Christian pastor emerged as a campaign issue and the belief that he was a Muslim seemed to lose traction. (See: Clinton: Birther claims 'ludicrous')

Then, as Obama marched toward the presidency, a new suggestion emerged: That he was not eligible to serve. (See: Birther debate alive across U.S.)

That theory first emerged in the spring of 2008, as Clinton supporters circulated an anonymous email questioning Obama’s citizenship.

“Barack Obama’s mother was living in Kenya with his Arab-African father late in her pregnancy. She was not allowed to travel by plane then, so Barack Obama was born there and his mother then took him to Hawaii to register his birth,” asserted one chain email that surfaced on the urban legend site Snopes.com in April 2008.

Another early version of the theory, reported by the Chicago Tribune in June 2008, depended on a specious legal theory that was, for a time, the heart of the argument: that Obama was born in Hawaii but had a Kenyan father, and his mother was only 18 years old. Therefore, under existing immigration law, he was not eligible for automatic citizenship upon birth — a claim that depended on an understandable, but incorrect, reading of immigration law. Other theories suggested that Obama lost his U.S. citizenship when he moved to Indonesia or visited Pakistan in violation of a supposed State Department ban as a young man. (There was no such ban.)

The thing is, we don't know if you mean "the truth" ought to have been known long before 22 months had passed or if you mean the truth was already obvious and not a day should have been spent investigating it?
Haha, well if you didn’t know that then all you have to do is ask and I’ll clarify/elaborate.

I think there was cause to investigate and I think the investigation shouldn’t have lasted more than a few months… especially with the results that it yielded

OK, so you think the investigation was necessary/worthy but you don't like the results? Is "sour grapes" the expression that sums it up?
Are you intentionally misreading my statements? I’m not speaking cryptically. I never said I didn’t like the results. The results were what they were. I said it took way too much time
I’m sorry if you are having a hard time understanding, I’m being as clear as I can but feel free to ask about anything if you want clarification

trump was pushing the bogus birther theory as far back as 2011, years before Hillary Clinton entered the race to win the Democratic nomination.

Ummmmm......she pushed it in 2008 when she entered the race to win the Democratic nomination.

View attachment 500972

The original smear against Obama was that he was a crypto-Muslim, floated in 2004 by perennial Illinois political candidate and serial litigant Andy Martin. Other related versions of this theory alleged that Obama was educated in an Indonesian “madrassa” or steeped in Islamist ideology from a young age, and the theories began to spread virally after Obama appeared on the national stage – to the casual observer, from nowhere – with his early 2007 presidential campaign announcement. (See: Obama kin: Birther rumors 'a shame')

All through that year, the Obama campaign – with the affirmation of most leaders of both parties – aggressively battled that smear by emphasizing his Christian faith. Obama’s controversial but emphatically Christian pastor emerged as a campaign issue and the belief that he was a Muslim seemed to lose traction. (See: Clinton: Birther claims 'ludicrous')

Then, as Obama marched toward the presidency, a new suggestion emerged: That he was not eligible to serve. (See: Birther debate alive across U.S.)

That theory first emerged in the spring of 2008, as Clinton supporters circulated an anonymous email questioning Obama’s citizenship.

“Barack Obama’s mother was living in Kenya with his Arab-African father late in her pregnancy. She was not allowed to travel by plane then, so Barack Obama was born there and his mother then took him to Hawaii to register his birth,” asserted one chain email that surfaced on the urban legend site Snopes.com in April 2008.

Another early version of the theory, reported by the Chicago Tribune in June 2008, depended on a specious legal theory that was, for a time, the heart of the argument: that Obama was born in Hawaii but had a Kenyan father, and his mother was only 18 years old. Therefore, under existing immigration law, he was not eligible for automatic citizenship upon birth — a claim that depended on an understandable, but incorrect, reading of immigration law. Other theories suggested that Obama lost his U.S. citizenship when he moved to Indonesia or visited Pakistan in violation of a supposed State Department ban as a young man. (There was no such ban.)

So how are you claiming Hillary pushed it?

I’m sorry if you are having a hard time understanding, I’m being as clear as I can but feel free to ask about anything if you want clarification
No thanks. I thought maybe you just were having difficulty explaining yourself but now I know that you are purposely jerking around.

View attachment 500972

You're right, Hillary's campaign dindu nuffin'.

Just like Gore's campaign didn't push the Willie Horton story in 1988.

Go back to sleep.

No thanks. I thought maybe you just were having difficulty explaining yourself but now I know that you are purposely jerking around.
Everything I’ve written is pretty simple and clear. I don’t know what’s confusing you except for your emotional reactions may be clouding your objectivity. You think I’m a partisan with an agenda. I’m not

View attachment 500972

Go back to sleep.
Now it’s Hillary’s campaign…. Ok gotchya

Everything I’ve written is pretty simple and clear. I don’t know what’s confusing you except for your emotional reactions may be clouding your objectivity. You think I’m a partisan with an agenda. I’m not
I gave you the benefit of the doubt but La Fam Ram was right about you.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt but La Fam Ram was right about you.
Haha, whatever you say man. I made the simple statement that 22 months was way too long for a team of agents to hold an investigation. I don’t know what is confusing to you about that.

View attachment 500972

Go back to sleep.

Poor Hillary.....she never did nuffin'.

Go back to sleep.

View attachment 500972

Go back to sleep.

Go back to sleep.
Hillary said it… no no her campaign said it… No no go back to sleep!
* burp fart chug a beer

great discussion man!

all i ask is Republicans hold Trump to the same yardstick as they do with Obama. what if Obama had colluded with Iran or Siberia or some other 3rd world country like Trump colluded with Russia and Ukraine

to quote VICE PRESIDENT MIKE PENCE, when “the president puts his personal interests ahead of public service.”

That’s what Trump did with Ukraine. And it's what the House meant by "abuse of power."

View attachment 500972

Go back to sleep.

Go back to sleep.
* burp fart chug a beer

great discussion man!

Poor Hillary....beat by 2 amateurs in a row......LOL!

View attachment 500972

Go back to sleep.

Go back to sleep.
* burp fart chug a beer

great discussion man!

Poor Hillary....beat by 2 amateurs in a row......LOL!
Huh? Why are you talking about election results? I thought we were discussing the birther claims? You done with that now?

just like we once impeached King George (with the Declaration of Independence), we need to impeach King Donald

Forum List

Back