Trump used the DOJ to investigate members of Congress, their families and even a minor child.

WASHINGTON — As the Justice Department investigated who was behind leaks of classified information early in the Trump administration, it took a highly unusual step: Prosecutors subpoenaed Apple for data from the accounts of at least two Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee, aides and family members. One was a minor.

All told, the records of at least a dozen people tied to the committee were seized in 2017 and early 2018, including those of Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, then the panel’s top Democrat and now its chairman, according to committee officials and two other people briefed on the inquiry…..

The zeal in the Trump administration’s efforts to hunt leakers led to the extraordinary step of subpoenaing communications metadata from members of Congress — a nearly unheard-of move outside of corruption investigations. While Justice Department leak investigations are routine, current and former congressional officials familiar with the inquiry said they could not recall an instance in which the records of lawmakers had been seized as part of one.

Moreover, just as it did in investigating news organizations, the Justice Department secured a gag order on Apple that expired this year, according to a person familiar with the inquiry, so lawmakers did not know they were being investigated until Apple informed them last month.

There was nothing too low that the Trump Administration would steep to intimidate the opposition.

This was pure and simply an abuse of power.
MORON

0000000.gif

WASHINGTON — As the Justice Department investigated who was behind leaks of classified information early in the Trump administration, it took a highly unusual step: Prosecutors subpoenaed Apple for data from the accounts of at least two Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee, aides and family members. One was a minor.

All told, the records of at least a dozen people tied to the committee were seized in 2017 and early 2018, including those of Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, then the panel’s top Democrat and now its chairman, according to committee officials and two other people briefed on the inquiry…..

The zeal in the Trump administration’s efforts to hunt leakers led to the extraordinary step of subpoenaing communications metadata from members of Congress — a nearly unheard-of move outside of corruption investigations. While Justice Department leak investigations are routine, current and former congressional officials familiar with the inquiry said they could not recall an instance in which the records of lawmakers had been seized as part of one.

Moreover, just as it did in investigating news organizations, the Justice Department secured a gag order on Apple that expired this year, according to a person familiar with the inquiry, so lawmakers did not know they were being investigated until Apple informed them last month.

There was nothing too low that the Trump Administration would steep to intimidate the opposition.

I don't recall a member of the House Intelligence Committee leaking classified material before either. It would appear that was a regular thing by Adam Schiff...hence the investigation by the Justice Department. If Schiff felt intimidated...then good...the sleazy little bug eyed rodent SHOULD be worried about the crap he was pulling!
What makes it appear to be a regular thing? If the evidence was that clear then why didn’t Barr indict him or anybody else?
Somebody was leaking information from that Committee. Proving who it was is difficult. Not everyone does as bad a job of covering their tracks as a Hunter Biden or a Hillary Clinton, Slade!
So does that give the gov the right go on a big brother witch hunt and get everybody’s phone records. If so why did they just target the Dems? And when no evidence turned up why didn’t they move o to the republicans and White House staff? You’re either in favor of big brother style witch hunts or you are not. Where do you stand?
Where do I stand? I don't like leakers. I think they're cowards. That goes for Democrats, Republicans and Independents. If someone is leaking classified information then they should have their top secret clearance revoked.

You're FOS, as usual.
"Obama was the most corrupt president in history".
I can just FEEL IT.
Obama (D) – 8 yrs in office. Zero criminal indictments, zero convictions and zero prison sentences.
Bush, George W. (R) – 8 yrs in office. 16 criminal indictments. 16 convictions. 9 prison sentences.
Thank you for putting it into proper perspective. I really, really, really, really, really hate it when people scream "racist!" the moment anyone who has the slightest tan is criticized for anything at all, but ........ I can think of no other president who's been accused of being foreign-born with a fake birth certificate, la-de-da de-da. Understand me, I do not like Obama but to say he was "the most corrupt president in history". Jesus! Now, I'm not saying that anyone who criticizes Obama is a racist, why shoot I'd have to call myself a racist too, but I am saying that the ground from where all the BS about his birth-place, his nationality, etc. is founded on racism.

I don't recall a member of the House Intelligence Committee leaking classified material before either. It would appear that was a regular thing by Adam Schiff...hence the investigation by the Justice Department. If Schiff felt intimidated...then good...the sleazy little bug eyed rodent SHOULD be worried about the crap he was pulling!
What makes it appear to be a regular thing? If the evidence was that clear then why didn’t Barr indict him or anybody else?
Somebody was leaking information from that Committee. Proving who it was is difficult. Not everyone does as bad a job of covering their tracks as a Hunter Biden or a Hillary Clinton, Slade!
So does that give the gov the right go on a big brother witch hunt and get everybody’s phone records. If so why did they just target the Dems? And when no evidence turned up why didn’t they move o to the republicans and White House staff? You’re either in favor of big brother style witch hunts or you are not. Where do you stand?
Where do I stand? I don't like leakers. I think they're cowards. That goes for Democrats, Republicans and Independents. If someone is leaking classified information then they should have their top secret clearance revoked.
I didn’t ask where you stood on leakers I asked where you stood on having a tyrannical big brother government.

William Safire in 1992 called Barr The “Cover-Up General.”

Everything old is new again.

does anyone find it strange that the Mueller investigation, which went on for 22 months, was finished just 1 month after Barr became AG...

so basically just a couple of days after Barr came in, it was all over!

Last edited:
Does anyone remember this viral moment? Says it all.

Other than Barr being an idiot and Harris being intelligent ... what exactly does this video prove? I'll answer the question for you. It proves that Barr is an incompetent idiot and Harris is intelligent and well-prepared but It proves nothing about any Russian interference in US politics.

does anyone find it strange that the Mueller investigation, which went on for 22 months, was finished just 1 month after Barr became AG...

I wish that it was as simple of proof as you seem to think it is.

William Safire in 1992 called Barr The “Cover-Up General.”

Everything old is new again.

If im being honest I’d say that 22 months is way way guey tooo long to conduct an investigation. Get on with it already and stop wasting all that time and money

If im being honest I’d say that 22 months is way way guey tooo long to conduct an investigation. Get on with it already and stop wasting all that time and money
Maybe it was the level of diligence or the level of taking it seriously that dictated the length of time it took "to stop it" rather than to "come to a conclusion".

Maybe it was the level of diligence or the level of taking it seriously that dictated the length of time it took "to stop it" rather than to "come to a conclusion".
I don’t care what it was. With a dedicated team of trained agents and unlimited funds no investigation should take 22 months. That’s called milking it

I don’t care what it was. With a dedicated team of trained agents and unlimited funds no investigation should take 22 months. That’s called milking it
You say "unlimited funds". For what purpose? Chasing wild geese? Should that have taken more - or less - than 22 months? I wonder how much money was spent on trying to prove that Obama's birth certificate was false. Were there extensive tests to see if his birth certificate was printed on Russian paper ... or Chinese ... or Kenyan? Should it have been tested for every type of paper known to man starting with papyrus? And then there is the ink! Was it carbon tested?

You're FOS, as usual.
I can just FEEL IT.
Obama (D) – 8 yrs in office. Zero criminal indictments, zero convictions and zero prison sentences.
Bush, George W. (R) – 8 yrs in office. 16 criminal indictments. 16 convictions. 9 prison sentences.
Thank you for putting it into proper perspective. I really, really, really, really, really hate it when people scream "racist!" the moment anyone who has the slightest tan is criticized for anything at all, but ........ I can think of no other president who's been accused of being foreign-born with a fake birth certificate, la-de-da de-da. Understand me, I do not like Obama but to say he was "the most corrupt president in history". Jesus! Now, I'm not saying that anyone who criticizes Obama is a racist, why shoot I'd have to call myself a racist too, but I am saying that the ground from where all the BS about his birth-place, his nationality, etc. is founded on racism.
Totally false,the easily most corrupt president ever with bush being a close second to him which has been proven in spades has nothing g to do with racism on this Kenyon fraud president.because whats not quite as well known because he did not become potus is they were saying as well that McCain was not in born in the states as well.had McCain become president,it would have been widely talked about in him as well. The othe presidents were not accused of it because unlike with Obama,there was not massive evidence thst they wrote born in another country like there was on Obama.

Last edited:
I can tell you that Kennedy/Johnson/Nixon and Bush murdered and tortured millions of innocent men, women, and children by pure lies about the American presence in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Irak. ILLEGAL WARS. CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY. CRIMES AGAINST THE GENEVA CONVENTIONS RULES. No ... you will never convince me that Obama was worse than those bastards.
Obama helped murder over 500,000 Americans.
Thanks to that commie bastard....he made sure (using our tax dollars) that gain of function was used to create a virus that was used by the Chinese to kill millions of people....including over 500,000 Americans.
Also....without Obama's wars.....hundreds of thousands of people in Sweden, Norway, and dozens of other countries in Europe, would be alive today. But thanks to the instability he caused in the Middle-East with his wars in Syria, Libya, Sudan, Yemen, Iraq, and Afghanistan.....refugees flooded the Western world. He helped unleash murderers and rapists into Europe. Islamic fundamentalists that felt women who weren't covered with a Burka or children walking alone, were just asking to be raped and murdered. Not to mention all of the pets, dogs & cats, they tortured and murdered. Because they consider them to be unclean.
Quoted from the National Inquirer no doubt. Jesus, how you people believe the most outrageous things if it suits your prejudices, whatever they may be.
That’s throwing a Hail Mary when getting taken to school.
Why is it when you are losing a debate you can’t own up to it thst you were proven wrong? only the clueless can’t accept reality Obama lied to the people and expanded everything bush got started murdering even more in just his first term in office than bush did in 8 years,that’s all documented,Bush was the most corrupt president ever st the time,thst cannot be debated nor can those facts be debated he posted or thst he murdered more civilians in just his first term than bush did in his 8 years expanding drone attacks on civilians.sure would love it to be a Fictional story but it’s a sick cold world and those are all documented facts unfortunately. I also find it odd you would listen to this Langley shill,one of USMBs biggest trolls who gets angry and throws objects at the wall when he can’t counter facts that massive fraud git trump elected,thank fir the ignore button. :laughing0301: :rofl: :laughing0301:

Last edited:

Unlike the Biden And Obama administration....Trump didn't direct anyone to do anything. Anything the DOJ investigated was on their own.
The rot starts at the head. Thees DOJ activities were unheard of in the US. These were third world authoritarian tactics.
After what Obama and his alledged super highly corrupted, and highly compromised administration indirectly set up for the future (IOW's to fundamentally change this nation against the majorities will), that which included things like turning this nation back in to being highly segregated by race with stuff like this (CRT) now, and the indirectly killing of innocent cop's and/or calling for it through the sham organisation called BLM inc, undermining everything the nation built that was acceptable by all American's, and trying to place the likes of a Hilary into the white house for corruptable purposes, but here you are trying to convince us with your garbage that Trump was the issue ?????????????? Rotflmbo.

Trump was dealing with some heavy crap created by Obama and company, so of course his administration was fighting fire with fire in an unprecedented way, but we know why and what happened, so take your hypocrisy or bullcrap somewhere else, because we aren't this dumb to believe anything leftist spew these days. Quoting compromised biased media source's ain't working anymore either, because the nation sees the media complicity in it all, especially with this CRT bullcrap being pushed into the school curriculum now.

America is now fighting back passionately and legally, so the judge's will be busy against the title wave of case's that are coming, and hopefully they will do the right thing or this nation is going to crumble under the weight of it all finally.

Keep waking up America, keep waking up !!!

Unlike the Biden And Obama administration....Trump didn't direct anyone to do anything. Anything the DOJ investigated was on their own.
Pelosi would have impeached Trump if he had asked the DOJ to conduct any investigation of any type.
Trump did plenty of telling his DoJ what to investigate.
Yeah the one's he considered still worked for America, and then it was hoped for that they wouldn't crumble under the pressure of deep state corruption.

From the OP:

Prosecutors also eventually secured subpoenas for reporters’ records to try to identify their confidential sources, a move that department policy allows only after all other avenues of inquiry are exhausted.
Extraordinary time's called for extraordinary measures of course, and after what Obama and company did, it forced the nation to take extraordinary measures to counter it all. Nothing to see here folk's, just more leftist whining is all.

You're FOS, as usual.
I can just FEEL IT.
So Hillary is racist then, because she is the one who started the whole birther thing when she was trying to beat Obama to the Whitehouse. It was such a powerful attempt, that it kept politician's wondering for year's as to whether it was true or not.

You're FOS, as usual.
I can just FEEL IT.
It's how Trumpers roll.

April 7 2011
Real estate tycoon Donald Trump said Thursday he has doubts about whether President Obama was born in the United States and has sent investigators to Hawaii looking for answers.

The "Celebrity Apprentice" star has shot up in the polls as a potential GOP nominee, in part because of his questions about whether Obama is constitutionally allowed to be president if he doesn't prove he is a natural-born citizen of the United States.

"I have people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding," Trump told NBC's "Today" show on Thursday.

10 years later? ....................................STILL crickets.

Forum List

Back