Trump urges Republicans to fill Ginsburg vacancy 'without delay'

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
2020 Couldn't get more insane could it? Even CBC has full coverage and happy stories of RBG on their network. I bet you 1 in 150 Canadians knows who she is.

Now this from Trump...

President Trump on Saturday said Republicans have an "obligation" to fill the vacancy on the Supreme Court left by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg "without delay."

The president’s tweet comes after Ginsburg, 87, passed away on Friday from complications surrounding metastatic cancer of the pancreas.

“@GOP We were put in this position of power and importance to make decisions for the people who so proudly elected us, the most important of which has long been considered to be the selection of United States Supreme Court Justices,” Trump tweeted Saturday morning.

“We have this obligation, without delay!” he added.

Obama called it....end of discussion.....

I think both sides are going to drag up history.

Where GOP have a big leg up, is that, Obama DID in fact nominate someone in 2016, it just never got brought up due to the Senate imbalance.

Your system has a long history of fireworks. I think we are going to see some more from now until Nov.

trump apparently does not believe Moscow Mitch, or maybe mitch doesn't believe himsel:

" February 13, 2016: “The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice,” McConnell said in a statement released after Scalia’s death. “Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”

5 Times McConnell Said We Shouldn't Confirm a SCOTUS Justice in an Election Year

trump apparently does not believe Moscow Mitch, or maybe mitch doesn't believe himsel:

" February 13, 2016: “The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice,” McConnell said in a statement released after Scalia’s death. “Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”

5 Times McConnell Said We Shouldn't Confirm a SCOTUS Justice in an Election Year
That was durring a lame duck presidency that was leaving office... It is very differnet today with one that is going to remain for four more years.

That was durring a lame duck presidency that was leaving office... It is very differnet today with one that is going to remain for four more years.
Exactly. That is the big difference.

2020 Couldn't get more insane could it? Even CBC has full coverage and happy stories of RBG on their network. I bet you 1 in 150 Canadians knows who she is.

Now this from Trump...

President Trump on Saturday said Republicans have an "obligation" to fill the vacancy on the Supreme Court left by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg "without delay."
Normally I'd agree that we should wait until after the election, but... the major reason Trump may want to fill the vacancy on the SCOTUS, is because of how insane the Democrats are becoming, even before the election. I don't think we want to see an even 4-4 split decision on very important and historic election matters.

It's just common sense, with such an insane left wing in America looting and rioting even now. We have state courts and governors simply changing election laws on the fly.

For example, in PA the governor is taking it upon himself to no longer follow the law, which states the signatures on mail-in ballots must match the voter's signature. Talk about allowing for fraud?!?! That is nuts, he does not have the authority to draw a black Sharpie thu election laws, and bypass the State legislature.

Now this from Trump...

Normally I'd agree that we should wait until after the election, but... the major reason Trump may want to fill the vacancy on the SCOTUS, is because of how insane the Democrats are becoming, even before the election. I don't think we want to see an even 4-4 split decision on very important and historic election matters.

It's just common sense, with such an insane left wing in America looting and rioting even now. We have state courts and governors simply changing election laws on the fly.

For example, in PA the governor is taking it upon himself to no longer follow the law, which states the signatures on mail-in ballots must match the voter's signature. Talk about allowing for fraud?!?! That is nuts, he does not have the authority to draw a black Sharpie thu election laws, and bypass the State legislature.

Trump tweeted this 5 hours ago and it has 180,000 likes already.

Also, according to NYPost, majority of Americans BEFORE she passed believed if an opening occured in 2020, it should be filled immediately, and it crossed political lines:

Majority of Americans want Senate to move on Supreme Court decision: poll
Majority of Americans want Senate to move on Supreme Court decision: poll

The Marquette University Law School poll found 67% of respondents believed confirmation should proceed in 2020 while just 32% said the chamber should hold off.

The survey was conducted between Sept. 8 to Sept. 15 — just days before the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg from cancer Friday evening.

The poll did not suggest a strong partisan divide over the issue, with 68% of Republicans and 63% of Democrats holding that a nomination vote should take place. Independents supported going forward by a 71% margin.

The vacancy needs to be filled as soon as possible, even if for no other reason than the outcome of this election is almost sure to be just as contested as Bush / Gore was.

Ginsberg probably argued her case to the ultimate Supreme....and lost.

Sorry she passed but she should have retired a decade ago. But I'll give her credit, she was a tough old bird

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM
Supreme_Court_Ruth.jpg

Or may not remain past January 20, 2021. McConnell did not know who was going to win the 2016 election. There was a good chance that Clinton would win the 2016 election and approve of Garland's nomination. McConnell's logic is still the same.

Now this from Trump...

The president’s tweet comes after Ginsburg, 87, passed away on Friday from complications surrounding metastatic cancer of the pancreas.

“@GOP We were put in this position of power and importance to make decisions for the people who so proudly elected us, the most important of which has long been considered to be the selection of United States Supreme Court Justices,” Trump tweeted Saturday morning.

Yes. It is President Trump's Constitutional obligation to fill this vacancy.
Even Obama and Schumer are previously on tape attesting to this Presidential duty.
:death:

Obama called it....end of discussion.....

I think both sides are going to drag up history.

Where GOP have a big leg up, is that, Obama DID in fact nominate someone in 2016, it just never got brought up due to the Senate imbalance.

Your system has a long history of fireworks. I think we are going to see some more from now until Nov.

Democrats are essentially using the virus to screw up this country......so I think all bets are off at this point.

Now this from Trump...

WITHOUT FUCKING DELAY!!! MONDAY MORNING!!!

DEMS SHOULD NOT EVEN BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK!!!

NO QUESTIONS!!! NO DEBATE!!!

FILL THAT VACANCY WITH A HARDCORE COMMIE HATER!!!

FUCK THESE COMMIES IN THE ASS!!!

That is because Øbama could not run again.

Or may not remain past January 20, 2021. McConnell did not know who was going to win the 2016 election. There was a good chance that Clinton would win the 2016 election and approve of Garland's nomination. McConnell's logic is still the same.
These are different circumstances in 2020, than there was in 2016. Back in 2016 it was 0bama's last year of his second term, it was impossible that he would be president in 2017. The lame duck 0bama would essentially steal away the nomination from the front runner Hilary, or the long shot - Trump.

Plus the nation is very divided with a violent left Burning, Looting and Murdering. This is not the time to have the nation possibly look to the SCOTUS for a decision over the election, and we have a 4-4 split decision, that would result in more violence, looting and burning.

Forum List

Back