Trump Undersecretary of Defense Resigns a la Photo- Op

Trump is going to be so sorry for that little walk. In his little cocoon he plays it like he's still directing a reality tv show. Get those extras off the set. But this ain't Hollywood.
Bingo. Trump just shot himself in the face.

I'm more concerned that the AG of the US believes Trump can use active duty military to attack peaceful protestors outside a church.

And Leslie Graham is having hearing with Rosenstein today.
In DC he can. Get over it.
Barr was the one who instituted the crap at the church. Despicable anti-american.

What was wrong with it?
It was unnecessary and an abuse of power for a photo- op.
After 8 years of Obama, a president with a spine must be very scary for you.

It's campaign season. Are libs going to complain if Biden does a photo-op?
If he clears a park of legal protesters for no reason to do it, YES..

Except that isn't what Trump did either.

It was nearing curfew time and the crowd was getting larger, not smaller, and they were throwing rocks and bottles at police.
Not according to anyone I've read who was there. Yes, it was near curfew. I've already commented on that. Bad move all around.

Now Esper has gone on camera against Trump. Hopefully he's fired by the end of the day. He has a right to disagree but not to disagree with the Commander-in-Chief in public. That undermines our military and teaches our military and our enemies that our military need not follow the Commander-in-Chief. This is a very dangerous precedent that has been set.
Esper should never been anywhere near the WH in the first place. Trump has no idea how to run this country. Even his loyalists end up without jobs. Trump is burning down and we are all watching him do it.

I'm more concerned that the AG of the US believes Trump can use active duty military to attack peaceful protestors outside a church.

Barr was the one who instituted the crap at the church. Despicable anti-american.

What was wrong with it?
It was unnecessary and an abuse of power for a photo- op.
After 8 years of Obama, a president with a spine must be very scary for you.
Trump is the weakest ever.

Trump is going to be so sorry for that little walk. In his little cocoon he plays it like he's still directing a reality tv show. Get those extras off the set. But this ain't Hollywood.
Bingo. Trump just shot himself in the face.
I hope so. But how do all those "law and order" folks out there see it? Since the local diner isn't open for breakfast these days, I don't get to hear them talking about it.

No, only if Congress agrees. AFter all the other laws that Rump ignored you want him to try and ignore that one? Ever hear of the phrase "Illegal Orders"?

It's purely a matter of context. Biden received a lot of criticism from Democrats over his, "You ain't black" comment. Likewise the critics of Trump's exploits on Monday have included Republicans. The hired campaign spinners on both sides are sure to have their hands full these next 5 months.

No, only if Congress agrees. AFter all the other laws that Rump ignored you want him to try and ignore that one? Ever hear of the phrase "Illegal Orders"?
Bull! Why post things you know nothing about?

Though President Trump ultimately commands the D.C. National Guard, orders during this week’s “civil unrest” mission are coming from Major Gen. William Walker, who will command all national guard forces in the District regardless of which state they represent. Walker reports to the Secretary of the Army, who has given the directive to protect buildings, monuments, and general peace and order in the District.

However, the president has broad legal authority in the nation’s capital. And that starts with the D.C. National Guard.

“Unlike state guards, where there’s often a complicated interplay between the governor and the president, the D.C. Guard has a unified command,” says University of Texas Law Professor Stephen Vladeck. “The mayor can ask, but the president and Secretary of Defense are the only authorities who can formally activate the guard. So the D.C. guard is basically ‘always federal’ in ways that aren’t necessarily true for states’ guards.”

James Miller resigns for what happened with the church photo- op. That didn't take long. I expect things will be changing a lot in the next 5 months.

"I wish you the best': US military adviser resigns after Trump's controversial photo op at church"

"You may not have been able to stop President Trump from directing this appalling use of force, but you could have chosen to oppose it," Miller wrote to Esper in his resignation letter, which was obtained by The Washington Post. "Instead, you visibly supported it."

WASHINGTON — “Where will you draw the line, and when will you draw it?”

"In an extraordinary resignation letter, provided to The Washington Post, James Miller resigned from his post at the Pentagon’s Defense Science Board.
Miller, a former undersecretary of defense for policy, cited Secretary of Defense Mark Esper’s participation in President Donald Trump’s Monday night photo op in front of St. John’s Church. "

Just saved Trump the aggravation of digging him out and firing his ass. Sometimes the swamp drains itself.

If he clears a park of legal protesters for no reason to do it, YES..

Except that isn't what Trump did either.

It was nearing curfew time and the crowd was getting larger, not smaller, and they were throwing rocks and bottles at police.
Not according to anyone I've read who was there. Yes, it was near curfew. I've already commented on that. Bad move all around.

I will grant that so many news sites and politicians are telling so many lies that it's hard to know who to believe, but I don't think the Parks Service is lying when they say that while many of the protesters at that park were peaceful there were also many who were not.

I see you still have not learned to read. Trump had NOTHING to do with the force displayed PRIOR to his walk to the church.

Maybe one day you can find a child who will read for you!

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. The President hast the unfettered authority under the Insurrection Act to deploy the active US military inside US borders. The guidelines are strict as they should be, but no the President does NOT have to get permission from anyone, nor does Congress have to ask the President to do so, he is the unilateral CiC and it is HE who decides.

And use your head, that's how you want it to be, Congress can't act quick enough to come to an agreement to be of any use in using the military to quell an insurrection. It takes them weeks just to agree to paint the walls of the House chamber.

Now Esper has gone on camera against Trump. Hopefully he's fired by the end of the day. He has a right to disagree but not to disagree with the Commander-in-Chief in public. That undermines our military and teaches our military and our enemies that our military need not follow the Commander-in-Chief. This is a very dangerous precedent that has been set.

Esper did nothing wrong.

Whereas looting and burning down churches and police precincts not despicable or anti-American? WTF is wrong with you?

you going to put on par the morals of the President against those of young troublemaking vandals ?

Whereas looting and burning down churches and police precincts not despicable or anti-American? WTF is wrong with you?

you going to put on par the morals of the President against those of young troublemaking vandals ?
At least the vandals don't lie about their motives. (-:

Of course they do. "We're protesting systemic racism by robbing Nike" they always make those claims. Pretty silly to deny that.

Vandals?! Looting and shooting are not vandalism:

Forum List

Back