Trump told Saudis: Cut oil supply or lose U.S. military support

You “presume” a lot. I am not interested in discussing with you the history of the “Islamic world” or of Jewish culture, of of “Clash of Civilizations” paranoia. You seem to be behind the times. The new boogieman is the “Yellow Peril.” Also resurgent communists who are exporting not just 5G technology but also SARS-CV2!

I won’t bother going into the past “de facto” alliance between U.S. imperialism, Saudi Arabia and Israel, since you don’t bother to deny it and it would require a whole other thread to do it justice. Besides, as I indicated in my first comment, this relation is changing, in possible crucial ways. This thread is about oil cutbacks and U.S./Saudi military relations, and I have already said what I had to say about that.
Every nation on earth that has even one common goal with another nation is going to pool it's resources.
I assure you that I am fully up to speed op what Israel is up to thanks to my global Jewish Facebook group that one can only join if the Rabbi of their congregation confirms our membership.
Not to mention that my wife is, by sheer coincidence, friends with a member of Netanyahu's cabinet.
The sheer coincidence has zero to do with political affiliation, so it is sheer coincidence.
Netty, though, is rather clever...he sneaks his cabinet false information because some of them are his most ardent enemies.

Not one but "four (anonymous) sources" told Reuters about a phone call the President allegedly made to Saudi and the left eats it up like pablum. No surprises here.

Not one but "four (anonymous) sources" told Reuters about a phone call the President allegedly made to Saudi and the left eats it up like pablum. No surprises here.

The phone call is well attested to. What’s more, late Thursday night, 4 hours after I cited Middle East Eye reports, there was confirmation of the Patriot missile withdrawals from the Wall Street Journal. The significance of these and other withdrawals are not obvious. I applaud withdrawals of U.S. military personnel from the region. But my own view remains that the U.S. was not merely threatening South Africa, but likely preparing to encourage conflict in the Gulf, which will drive up prices of oil and save the U.S. domestic fracking industry at China’s and most everybody else’s expense:

“WASHINGTON—The U.S. is removing Patriot antimissile systems from Saudi Arabia and is considering reductions to other military capabilities—marking the end, for now, of a large-scale military buildup to counter Iran, according to U.S. officials.

“The U.S. is removing two Patriot missile batteries from Saudi Arabia and two others from the Middle East, along with dozens of military personnel who were deployed to the region following a series of attacks on the Saudi oil facilities last year, according to several U.S. officials. The attacks were part of hostilities the U.S. has blamed on Iran that took place over several months.

“Two U.S. jet fighter squadrons also have left the region, and U.S. officials also will consider a reduction in the U.S. Navy presence in the Persian Gulf, the officials said. The redeployment of the Patriot systems, which now is under way, hadn’t been previously disclosed.

“Saudi officials didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. Iran has denied taking part in the attack on Saudi oil facilities.”

WSJ News Exclusive | U.S. to Remove Patriot Missile Batteries From Saudi Arabia

It's hurting North American producers worse ... which was the Russo/Saudi plan to begin with ... neither have to answer to shareholders in an American court of law ...

This is the "Home Depot" style of business ... Home Depot comes into a community and sells building materials at a loss, undercutting the local competition forcing them to close their doors ... then Home Depot jacks up the prices to recover all the losses ... Russia and Saudi Arabia can afford the losses until the North American producers are bankrupt ... then raise prices together, a cartel of sorts ...

Saudi Arabia is our military ally, they shouldn't be our economic enemy ... I'm not saying Saudi money funds ISIS, I'm just saying the two have identical ideology ...
Saudi Arabia doesn't share any beliefs with ISIS. The Saudis were putting the screws to Iran, not hurting US producers. Where were you taught that bullshit?

Saudi Arabia doesn't share any beliefs with ISIS. The Saudis were putting the screws to Iran, not hurting US producers. Where were you taught that bullshit?

That would be the teachings of Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab ... what we call today Wahhabism ... if you read Arabic, then tell us why English-speaking peoples get this wrong ...

ReinyDays. Al wahab was getting rid of the innovations introduced by the Ottoman Turks.. to simplify Islam. What's the issue?

Wow, more aid to Putin's Russia from President Trump. It seems he's more interested in protecting Putin than all of the American Citizens.

WASHINGTON/LONDON/DUBAI (Reuters) - As the United States pressed Saudi Arabia to end its oil price war with Russia, President Donald Trump gave Saudi leaders an ultimatum.

In an April 2 phone call, Trump told Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman that unless the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) started cutting oil production, he would be powerless to stop lawmakers from passing legislation to withdraw U.S. troops from the kingdom, four sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.

The threat to upend a 75-year strategic alliance, which has not been previously reported, was central to the U.S. pressure campaign that led to a landmark global deal to slash oil supply as demand collapsed in the coronavirus pandemic - scoring a diplomatic victory for the White House.

Trump said he told the Saudis...... Trump lies a lot.

ReinyDays. Al wahab was getting rid of the innovations introduced by the Ottoman Turks.. to simplify Islam. What's the issue?

ISIS and Saudi Arabia share these principles ... including the call to violence against the Ottoman Turks, then ... and now innovations introduced by Western Europe and Anglo-America ... and the violence against this Modern World™ intrusion onto traditional Islamic beliefs ...

Have you forgotten that almost all the Sept. 11th, 2001, hijackers were Saudis? ... now I'm NOT saying them Iranians are right here ... but I ain't saying they're wrong either ... if you get my drift ...

ISIS and Saudi Arabia share these principles ... including the call to violence against the Ottoman Turks, then ... and now innovations introduced by Western Europe and Anglo-America ... and the violence against this Modern World™ intrusion onto traditional Islamic beliefs ...

Have you forgotten that almost all the Sept. 11th, 2001, hijackers were Saudis? ... now I'm NOT saying them Iranians are right here ... but I ain't saying they're wrong either ... if you get my drift ...
They may have been Saudis. 6 we're using false identification. So we really don't know who they were. I lived in the Kingdom for 2 decades. How long were you there? ISIS and the wahabbi have nothing in common.

Revising history to suit your argument? ... shame on you ... but okay ...

13 Saudi Nationals ... still looks like a Saudi funded operation ...
Only six of them had stolen identification. It was 10 times easier to get a US Visa for a Saudi national than for any other Arab country. How long did you live in Saudi Arabia?

Forum List

Back