Trump Threatens to Withdraw Endorsement of 'Disappointing' Mo Brooks

Yeah, I don't know if American politics has ever seen anything like this.

And for a PERSON like this. THAT'S the MOST amazing part of the whole mess.
They bow to a man that is a champion grifter and a shell game artist. I have never seen a politician who literally said...."what you are seeing and what you are reading is not what's happening." That statement is something Pootin would say. BUT THE MAGA CULT BELIEVES HIM!

They bow to a man that is a champion grifter and a shell game artist. I have never seen a politician who literally said...."what you are seeing and what you are reading is not what's happening." That statement is something Pootin would say. BUT THE MAGA CULT BELIEVES HIM!

As I've said along: This isn't about him. It's about those who follow and enable him. It's about whatever it is about America in its current condition that allowed him to get there.

What does that say about us as a society?

As I've said along: This isn't about him. It's about those who follow and enable him. It's about whatever it is about America in its current condition that allowed him to get there.

What does that say about us as a society?
We all have friend and even family members that are MAGA. We still care about them and even love them...but honestly...I will never understand their adoration for a feckless, immoral, piece of trash like trump. He has fooled millions of people.

But as of late, I have seen some repubs drift away from him. They will always be dedicated repubs, but they are beginning to tire of his "2020 voter fraud" claims. I actually agree with Brooks. It is time to move on.

Footnote: Brooks was already fading in the polls before trump decided to take back his endorsement. But that won't stop trump from crowing if Brooks loses in the primary.

It's about whatever it is about America in its current condition that allowed him to get there.
Its "current condition" is in large part a reaction to the cultural and economic insanity of your party. Assuming most of his supporters are cultists, rednecks, ignorant, and so on tells far more about the Democrats than Republicans. Anyone who is comfortable with such a broad, sweeping generalization, lumping 70 + MILLION individuals in a single group, should maybe reassess their stance.

We all have friend and even family members that are MAGA. We still care about them and even love them...but honestly...I will never understand their adoration for a feckless, immoral, piece of trash like trump. He has fooled millions of people.

But as of late, I have seen some repubs drift away from him. They will always be dedicated repubs, but they are beginning to tire of his "2020 voter fraud" claims. I actually agree with Brooks. It is time to move on.

Footnote: Brooks was already fading in the polls before trump decided to take back his endorsement. But that won't stop trump from crowing if Brooks loses in the primary.
That's very possibly true, but it does seem to me that he has changed the GOP for the foreseeable future.

Who's the favorite to replace him? DeSantis. Who is probably the next most popular person in the party? MTG. Both are trying as hard as they can to be as juvenile and over-the-top and pugilistic and Trumpy as they can be in his shadow.

The orange cancer has metastasized. The base has spoken, and the party is listening. So this is not going away any time soon.

Its "current condition" is in large part a reaction to the cultural and economic insanity of your party. Assuming most of his supporters are cultists, rednecks, ignorant, and so on tells far more about the Democrats than Republicans. Anyone who is comfortable with such a broad, sweeping generalization, lumping 70 + MILLION individuals in a single group, should maybe reassess their stance.
I could never be a Democrat, sorry. The fact that I think the Boy King of the GOP is a dangerous, neurotic buffoon says nothing about my positions on the actual issues.

Steal an election, expect a protest.

LIAR!
1648252549587.png

Donald Trump says he might not endorse Mo Brooks in his U.S. Senate campaign after the Alabama representative told voters to put 2020 claims of voter fraud "behind you."

Brooks was one of the first federal legislators to support Trump's effort to overturn the 2020 election. But at an August 21, 2021, rally, Brooks told supporters: "There are some people who are despondent about the voter fraud and election theft in 2020. Folks, put that behind you. Put that behind you. Yes. Look forward, look forward, look forward. Beat them in 2022, beat them in 2024."

The crowd began to boo Brooks before he added, "All right, well, look back at it, but go forward and take advantage of it."

After the rally, Brooks backpedaled, writing on Twitter, "The 2020 election was fraught with voter fraud & election theft on a massive scale. If only legal votes cast by eligible American citizens were counted, Trump won the election."
Nevertheless, seven months later, Trump expressed displeasure with Brooks' comment. "Mo Brooks is disappointing, Trump told The Washington Examiner in a Tuesday interview. "I'm determining right now, has Mo Brooks—has he changed?"

"I'm disappointed that he gave an inarticulate answer, and I'll have to find out what he means," Trump continued. "If it meant what he sounded like, I would have no problem changing [my endorsement] because when you endorse somebody, you endorse somebody based on principle. If he changed that principle, I would have no problem doing that."

You gotta give Trump credit, he knows how to keep these spineless, coward ass Republicans in line.

I was just reading about this today and as much as I'm a Trump supporter I actually disagree with him about this. I agree with him about the voter fraud, but he really does need to put it behind him now and work on getting elected for the next election.

I was just reading about this today and as much as I'm a Trump supporter I actually disagree with him about this. I agree with him about the voter fraud, but he really does need to put it behind him now and work on getting elected for the next election.
So you think that over 60 courts all had the voter fraud issue was wrong? trump cooked up that lie in 2015, thinking he would lose to Hillary. I pulled it out of his hat after Biden beat him. He is a Serial Liar.

Forum List

Back