Trump: "the reason our stock market is so successful is because of me"

Are you claiming that The President concocted COVID19 on his own? Did he sneak it into China?

So, is Trump now accepting responsibility for the stock market tanking? Uh, I think not.

Link, por favor

upload_2020-2-29_1-5-37.png

Are you claiming that The President concocted COVID19 on his own? Did he sneak it into China?
Wow, no. But you are proving my point posted elsewhere that it's hard enough to make yourself understood even when you're speaking the same language. OF COURSE, I'm not claiming that Trump concocted COVID19. That's completely beyond his meager capabilities. No, my point is that Trump took credit when the stock market went up, so now that it's going down, will he accept responsibility for that? Not that he created the virus, but that he helped create the situation that led to the stock market meltdown. And of course, he won't accept responsibility. Nothing is ever Trump's fault.

Let me tell you something about the stock market. If you want to sell a stock, you can't unless someone is willing to buy it.

Every share of stock sold has a buyer. If no one wants to buy a stock, the price will keep falling until someone does. The stock price in a failing company can fall down to pennies on the dollar if there are no buyers. Sometimes, on TV, you'll hear a commentator say, "Sellers outnumbered buyers ...". That is nonsense from a person who has no idea how markets work.

If the price of a stock falls 25%, it's because one person thought it was too expensive at $100 a share, but a bargain at $75 a share.The market indices are an average of selected stock prices from many sectors in a market.

The stock market index is falling because some people think, and rightly so, that, in the short term, some economic sectors will be hard hit by the outbreak. Others are buying those stocks because they believe, also rightly, that, within a few months, the outbreak will be over and stocks in the affected sectors will begin to rise again.

Let me tell you something about the stock market. If you want to sell a stock, you can't unless someone is willing to buy it.

Every share of stock sold has a buyer. If no one wants to buy a stock, the price will keep falling until someone does. The stock price in a failing company can fall down to pennies on the dollar if there are no buyers. Sometimes, on TV, you'll hear a commentator say, "Sellers outnumbered buyers ...". That is nonsense from a person who has no idea how markets work.

If the price of a stock falls 25%, it's because one person thought it was too expensive at $100 a share, but a bargain at $75 a share.The market indices are an average of selected stock prices from many sectors in a market.

The stock market index is falling because some people think, and rightly so, that, in the short term, some economic sectors will be hard hit by the outbreak. Others are buying those stocks because they believe, also rightly, that, within a few months, the outbreak will be over and stocks in the affected sectors will begin to rise again.
I understand how the stock market works. My point is that Trump took credit for the stock market rising, so will he now accept blame for the stock market falling? Of course he won't. Nothing is ever Trump's fault. Nothing.

So, is Trump now accepting responsibility for the stock market tanking? Uh, I think not.
Nope...this is the Obama economy...that's what you libs said....LMFAO....
Huh? This is the Obama economy? After more than 3 years of Trump? You're still going to blame Obama? When exactly is Trump going to take responsibility for himself?
Calm down...and buy Apple stock in three weeks...you will thank me....

My point is that Trump took credit for the stock market rising,

And he had a point. Increase in capital spending, decreased unemployment in sectors across the board, and winning concessions from trade partners which occurred under Trump's watch, are all excellent reasons why the stock markets have been rising the past few months.

The most recent declines are all tied to a single event, the COVID outbreak and the expected financial impacts.

So, unless you maintain the President Trump invented the outbreak and is single-handedly coordinating the spread of the virus, you can't blame the downturn on The President.

Nope...this is the Obama economy...that's what you libs said....LMFAO....
Huh? This is the Obama economy? After more than 3 years of Trump? You're still going to blame Obama? When exactly is Trump going to take responsibility for himself?
Calm down...and buy Apple stock in three weeks...you will thank me....

With their iPhone issues?

The stock indexes are opinions not grounded in fact? Oh well.

I love it when posters post some linked pretty graphs disproving that which they consider opinion.

The stock indexes are opinions not grounded in fact? Oh well.

I love it when posters post some linked pretty graphs disproving that which they consider opinion.
Beat me to it you Little Beotch! LOL!

Coronavirus will kill all of us off, so who cares about the Stock and let be clear when the Stocks were high the left were chanting it was because of Obama but now they are tanking it is Trump fault...

Coronavirus is the cause of the fall and also the real reality the market is correcting itself and many will get burned again as usual and then whine how it was unfair...

Forum List

Back